Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:03:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cheap bitcoin miner hw from the china crackdown? any deals out there?  (Read 163 times)
btc-room101 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2021, 08:13:30 AM

I get kids asking me here in asia, if anybody is selling, IMHO I say no, because I think they're just moving out of certain regions of china, boxing the equipment and finding a new home,
Trouble in recent years is everybody was mining in one place, where they had cheap coal, the water is real low, so hydro ain't avail anymore cheap

Anybody see anything? So I can tell these kids?

Sure I can go on alibaba.com and there is a ton of 'used crap' like 5+ year old s-12's that do 20th, but generally the stuff is smoked out, and 90% of the time it never ship's and alibaba still gets paid, whether it ships or not, or even if it gets shipped its usually not what was described an  return shipping costs more than it cost to buy in the first place, and then they just deny they ever got it back, virtually impossible to 'correct'
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 23, 2021, 02:59:06 PM

I get kids asking me here in asia, if anybody is selling, IMHO I say no, because I think they're just moving out of certain regions of china, boxing the equipment and finding a new home,
Trouble in recent years is everybody was mining in one place, where they had cheap coal, the water is real low, so hydro ain't avail anymore cheap

Anybody see anything? So I can tell these kids?

Sure I can go on alibaba.com and there is a ton of 'used crap' like 5+ year old s-12's that do 20th, but generally the stuff is smoked out, and 90% of the time it never ship's and alibaba still gets paid, whether it ships or not, or even if it gets shipped its usually not what was described an  return shipping costs more than it cost to buy in the first place, and then they just deny they ever got it back, virtually impossible to 'correct'
PM me where do you live so i might help you out to find some deals.
as few days ago i heard someone successfully smuggling tons of GPU here with quite cheap price tag.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2535

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
July 23, 2021, 03:06:06 PM

as few days ago i heard someone successfully smuggling tons of GPU here with quite cheap price tag.
^^ Of course smuggling is ILLEGAL so that does not give any confidence in the folks selling them....

Aiding and abetting such operations is not allowed in this Forum so expect mods to probably delete your post. At best since it deals with GPU's it would be moved to the crap altcoin area.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6371

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
July 23, 2021, 11:53:55 PM

Why would you say no? the Chinese sell miners every day, it all depends on your expectations, most people falsely believe that the Chinese are rushing to flee with their gears and that the police are after them and thus they would sell their gears for the first buyer they meet, that couldn't be further from the truth.

Mining gear prices did drop compared to say 3 months ago when bitcoin was at 60k and mining was ok in China, but nothing too crazy, S19 pro still trades between 8-9k in China, used S9s are back above $200 (most clean gears will be in the 250-300 dollar range), Used M20s are 3k each, M21s is anywhere between 2 to 2.5k depending on the hashrate, so if your "kids" can pay these prices, they can buy all the gears they want.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
July 24, 2021, 12:02:40 AM

^^ Of course smuggling is ILLEGAL so that does not give any confidence in the folks selling them....

Aiding and abetting such operations is not allowed in this Forum so expect mods to probably delete your post. At best since it deals with GPU's it would be moved to the crap altcoin area.
well better to speak the truth than have to hiding it eh ?

just to clear things up , i only heard about that but i can follow up the person in contact to get more information and doing the deal in as legal as possible way tho.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
btc-room101 (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2021, 01:36:23 AM

Why would you say no? the Chinese sell miners every day, it all depends on your expectations, most people falsely believe that the Chinese are rushing to flee with their gears and that the police are after them and thus they would sell their gears for the first buyer they meet, that couldn't be further from the truth.

Mining gear prices did drop compared to say 3 months ago when bitcoin was at 60k and mining was ok in China, but nothing too crazy, S19 pro still trades between 8-9k in China, used S9s are back above $200 (most clean gears will be in the 250-300 dollar range), Used M20s are 3k each, M21s is anywhere between 2 to 2.5k depending on the hashrate, so if your "kids" can pay these prices, they can buy all the gears they want.

I agree, its all FUD, I'm here in ASIA, and I see no deals, on anything, even old S12's are still selling top $$$

BTC miners are the golden-goose, nobody gives it away cheap, u have a golden-goose you take it home and lay golden eggs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: