Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:33:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding and taking profits  (Read 1556 times)
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 05:23:23 PM

There were a lot of calculations on this topic, and the result was always the same: holding is more profitable than trading. It is not only about the crypto market, but also about the stock market as well.

Personally I stick to the strategy of having better part of your assets in different fundamental currencies like bitcoin, Ethereum etc, but 5-10% if you have enough time you can of course use for trading, as it can give you fast income. But talking about a long period of time, without a doubt, it is more profitable to hodl.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EYC_ONE

Activity: 122
Merit: 19

https://i.imgur.com/0cKROEC.png

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 06:03:27 PM

What do you feel is best to do when holding a coin, please share your opinions!
You can hold it when the price goes below your target. Otherwise, if you want to trade with a specific target, hold it. Until you reach your target. Sell when the target is met.

►           ►     enVoy        ▐ │     Sustainably Green Trust in Trade     │ ▌     ◄           ◄
►            ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK            ◄
[v]  Facebook     [v]  Twitter     [v]  Telegram     [v]  Medium     [v]  Linkedin     [v]  Reddit
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 06:29:44 PM

In my opinion I think it's better to hodl and take profit at the right time and wait for the dip to buy back more quantities and wait for more profit. This way you earn more profits. What do you feel is best to do when holding a coin, please share your opinions!

Actually hold is not always good for all tokens or coins. This market is too much imbalanced and investors has to be more careful when he going to hold a token for future. Maximum time we see team did not work according to their roadmap so that if you hold a token you may loser. In my opinion if i got lamsam amount of profit i will go for first time profit and than i can go for 2nd time investment if market goes well. Otherwise small profit is good than big amount.

Holding crypto in my opinion is more risky than traders, traders can cut losses at any time thus avoiding big losses but holders can lose all money, I once held some tokens that I thought were good but turned out to be lost in the market in 6 months so I lost all my money.

that's why you have to determine in advance the coin that you will hold for a long time, if the coin is potential enough then holding it for a long period of time will obviously be profitable.  Within the six months you mentioned, of course, it cannot be categorized as holding for the long term, but holding coins for a predetermined time limit.

Sr Member

EPSILOAN
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 07:14:09 PM

In my opinion I think it's better to hodl and take profit at the right time and wait for the dip to buy back more quantities and wait for more profit. This way you earn more profits. What do you feel is best to do when holding a coin, please share your opinions!

Actually hold is not always good for all tokens or coins. This market is too much imbalanced and investors has to be more careful when he going to hold a token for future. Maximum time we see team did not work according to their roadmap so that if you hold a token you may loser. In my opinion if i got lamsam amount of profit i will go for first time profit and than i can go for 2nd time investment if market goes well. Otherwise small profit is good than big amount.

Holding crypto in my opinion is more risky than traders, traders can cut losses at any time thus avoiding big losses but holders can lose all money, I once held some tokens that I thought were good but turned out to be lost in the market in 6 months so I lost all my money.

that's why you have to determine in advance the coin that you will hold for a long time, if the coin is potential enough then holding it for a long period of time will obviously be profitable.  Within the six months you mentioned, of course, it cannot be categorized as holding for the long term, but holding coins for a predetermined time limit.

Yup, it depends on coins. I have gained profits holding potential coins and have lost holding coins that did not meet the market expectations. Just choose coins after a complete analysis and that too being in market for a long time with high trading volume.

And would like to share, I have gained a lot in holding than on day trading. I am on both.  But would highly recommend holding than going for day trading. 

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2021, 05:50:39 AM

What do you feel is best to do when holding a coin, please share your opinions!
You can hold it when the price goes below your target. Otherwise, if you want to trade with a specific target, hold it. Until you reach your target. Sell when the target is met.
well, when we hold a coin, then we need to have a target to sell it. however, the best thing when holding a coin is to be patient until the price reaches the target price. when the price has not reached the target, sometimes I try to collect more coins. it will make you have a lot of coins before the target price is reached.

Someone once told me that while you are holding your coin, I am earning more money than you by trading it. It means that while you are holding someone is using it to trade, they are doing whatever to generate more money, as opposed to holding it and waiting for the price to rise. Trading is risky, and you could lose all of your money, but if you know what you're doing, you can earn more. It's a businessman mindset, and it's similar to buying a car, whether you pay cash or by installment. Most of the time, they don't pay cash, even if they have cash on hand, because they'll use it as a capital to start a business and earn 5x the profit.
bots1

Activity: 895
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 06:46:27 AM

From analysis, it has been argued severally that hodlers are winner and earn more profits than traders, this depends on your expertise and where you fall into. The current situation now means that anyone that bought lower and didn't take profit because of greed or another reason will soon be at loss or breakeven if things continue to go down. Now many people are lamenting because they didn't expect this at this time and didn't take profit because they thought the uptrend will last more for better profit. For people that has been here for long knows the cycle and this kind of situation is inevitable. For people that can be patient I think they can still get back to the former or expected profit but this is not guaranteed. In my opinion I think it's better to hodl and take profit at the right time and wait for the dip to buy back more quantities and wait for more profit. This way you earn more profits. What do you feel is best to do when holding a coin, please share your opinions!
I agree with you that Hodler is a winner. Moreover, the bitcoin trend has attracted many people to invest. But for hodlers in the long run, they must also be really strong, patient, and more able to control their emotions.

The thing to do when holding coins is to have sufficient ability to be able to analyze and guess the price of digital currencies, it takes several strategies in bitcoin trading and in several other investment instruments.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
BayAngelo

Activity: 882
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 07:01:29 AM

honestly, it is gradually getting to the point where the market drops down below one trillion dollars. it will look like a  hype market. i was anticipating that the era of crypto is upon us and hopes to see the market normalize and settle but the current market movement looks scary. we might repeat what happened in 2018. i hope it never get to this level because investors will  be scared.

LordMiguel

Activity: 175
Merit: 10

ITSMYNE

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 07:40:14 AM

My dear, i have to be skeptical on this Hold of a thing. what happened in 2018 was an eye opener for me. it is good to hold but you should know when to sell and wait for the deep to buy more. that is the beauty of trading. so tokens are not worth holding. there are some tokens that might take years to regain what they lost. some will even dissappear leaving you in a huge lost.

Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 07:56:30 AM

All back to your funds, where your funds from and for what. Because cryptocurrencies are decentralized, it's up to everyone to decide. You can hold or trade. When you hold, make sure the funds you invest are cold funds, where these funds are independent of funds for daily needs or for entertainment. Avoid using funds from bank loans, as the crypto market is volatile. If you use these funds, of course the best thing is to hold and of course put them on coins that have a bright future, it can be bitcoin, ether or bnb.
kaka manteng

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 08:06:33 AM

Holding for long term could be more lucrative if one is holding a good coin. Going through statistics, holding of good project is much more lucrative than trading. The wise move is to take profit at intervals when there's a pump on any coin you're holding. This would prevent the issues of missing out from the increase in value.

(x)  MetaFans           [[[ [[ [    JOIN PRESALE    ] ]] ]]]
                          BRINGING CONTENT CREATORS ON THE BLOCKCHAIN                         
[] Facebook            [] Twitter            [] Telegram            [] Instagram            [] TikTok            [] YouTube
Expecto

Activity: 980
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 08:12:37 AM

This is so true. When we HODL, there is no guarantee that we will make much more profit compared to daily traders and short-term investors. There are many variables in this. The time period, the coin which we invest into, the amount we invest into...  This list goes like this.

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 08:21:08 AM

From analysis, it has been argued severally that hodlers are winner and earn more profits than traders, this depends on your expertise and where you fall into.
The real winners are those who take profit and then rebuy at a dip. Though selling and buying back could be a difficult strategy for those who don't understand TA and how the market behaves, it's the best way to go about it in this industry. Again, I don't subscribe to people hodling perpetually to a token without selling at a point. Doing that doesn't confer any value on a hoarded token. One gets to know the value of a token one is hodling because others are trading it and setting the price to achieve value. Bitcoin has value today because there is buying and selling going on with it. If everyone hodls and not sell at all, attention will die and be shifted to other tokens. So, I suggest that those who hodl should at some point take profit.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Rakeshten

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 08:29:28 AM

It depends on a token that you hold if it has a strategy to grow. Then It is good for Hodlers if there are many people trading with that token then it will be best for trading. So If you are Hodler you should Hodl some strong project's token and if you are a trader then you should invest in those project which are being trading most in market.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
kapalmabur

Activity: 2002
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 08:46:28 AM

Holding for long term could be more lucrative if one is holding a good coin. Going through statistics, holding of good project is much more lucrative than trading. The wise move is to take profit at intervals when there's a pump on any coin you're holding. This would prevent the issues of missing out from the increase in value.
If we have top coins like bitcoin and ethereum of course holding them in the long term will be profitable,
because both coins are long-term assets that arguably increase every year,
so I think there's no need to doubt it but what to note is that holding it in the long term is not easy
MarjorieZimmermanGinger

Activity: 1302
Merit: 716

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 10:15:06 AM

From analysis, it has been argued severally that hodlers are winner and earn more profits than traders, this depends on your expertise and where you fall into. The current situation now means that anyone that bought lower and didn't take profit because of greed or another reason will soon be at loss or breakeven if things continue to go down. Now many people are lamenting because they didn't expect this at this time and didn't take profit because they thought the uptrend will last more for better profit. For people that has been here for long knows the cycle and this kind of situation is inevitable. For people that can be patient I think they can still get back to the former or expected profit but this is not guaranteed. In my opinion I think it's better to hodl and take profit at the right time and wait for the dip to buy back more quantities and wait for more profit. This way you earn more profits. What do you feel is best to do when holding a coin, please share your opinions!

I agree with you, now we are no longer talking about prices but need to analyze every coin purchase in order to be able to minimize any possible losses, sometimes we need to hold back emotions to sell some coins while waiting for the right time.

We need to pay close attention to this certainty, so that we are not hasty in making decisions, as a result when we cannot control our emotions in decision making, it will be very detrimental to the conclusions we take.

The right solution for now is to be patient, considering that in the future the coin price is not so stable in the market, concrete steps need vigilance in acting, either buying or selling.

Ladies.de  ███████████████
████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████
████████████████
▐████████████████▌
░████████████
░███
███████████████
▐████
██████████████▌
░█████
██████████████
██▀███████
█████████▀
███████████████████
██████████████████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 LadiesStars  
▬▬▬▬

██████▀█████████
███████▀███████▌
█████████████
██████████████████▄
█████████▐█
█████
██████████████████▌
███████▄██████████
███████████████
████▄█████████
████████████████▌
████████▀░███████
░█████▀█████████
████▀██████████
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 10:27:32 AM

Holding and taking profits are mutually exclusive! You can not hold and take profit at the same time.  Holding for me is the right strategy for better value of your holdings! There will be time to take profit into fiat or better still,  time to use valuable Cryptocurrency in fiat value when it is needed! Holding should be for a long term!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
mulia sabee

Activity: 910
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 11:33:40 AM

There's an art in HODLING and it's not about holding for a long period of time, and that is following the development of the coin and selling it at the right time and at the right price, good coins have a long wait to get its full potential but you must also understand that all coins also suffers from bear trend or dips and sometimes the dip took sometime to recover so always sell on profit.

sherenikaw

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

rocket.hashbon.com

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 12:22:27 PM

I think not all holders become winners, only good coin holders get that. Not that holding is a bad idea, it's good for some coins if we can manage it well. it's just that there are some coins that were previously held and are currently of no value in the market. If we talk about btc or other coins like that which have good prospects, of course it will be good to hold. We know what the price of btc was when it first appeared until now the price of btc in the market is already high. So I just want to say that choosing a good coin to hold is the key to making a profit. If we can choose a good one then the result will also be good.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 01:30:06 PM

I think not all holders become winners, only good coin holders get that. Not that holding is a bad idea, it's good for some coins if we can manage it well. it's just that there are some coins that were previously held and are currently of no value in the market. If we talk about btc or other coins like that which have good prospects, of course it will be good to hold. We know what the price of btc was when it first appeared until now the price of btc in the market is already high. So I just want to say that choosing a good coin to hold is the key to making a profit. If we can choose a good one then the result will also be good.

Well I guess holders may only get a great profit if the token he choose to invest with is a good token. I agree that not all holders can be a winner because the chance to get a great profit still depend on the person choice because to be honest hodling is somewhat quite boring to wait to get a profit but if you really believe in the project you will never have to feel this. I mean i am an investor to a new token now its just it feels good to know that the token I choose to invest with is now doing great and it only takes me a quite awhile to hold my investment before I take profit.
perfect999

Activity: 1596
Merit: 299

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 08:45:53 PM

Holding certainly takes a long time to make a profit, and this is done for those who have more money, but with daily trading we can make big profits, there is definitely no guarantee that everyone can trade or hold depending on financial capacity.
I do not have a lot of money but I still use the waiting method because it is a lot less risky to do that. It is basically something that we could all do if we want to because it is not something that takes any power, all you have to do is basically nothing. So at the end of the day it doesn't require to have a big capital, it only requires you to do able to do nothing at all for a very long time, and as long as you are capable of doing that, then you are going to end up being happy about the results.

This is crypto and in the end it always goes up, I am 100% certain that everything will break their own ATH eventually, we will see bitcoin at 100k+, we will see eth at 20k+, we will see bnb at 5k+ they will all reach those prices, will it be now? Of course not, but it will eventually happen and that is all I care about, as long as we can see it happening in the future then I can wait.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: