Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:04:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding and taking profits  (Read 1556 times)
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2072
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
June 24, 2021, 12:05:37 PM

It depends on one's analytical skills. I must say holding is not always helpful in booking profit because some coins boom for some time then they diminish so one should always due diligence before holding. I would trust only old coins that are tested and surviving in the market. I can not gamble the new coins by holding for long-term unless the dev is super active and keep updating the community. It's easy to say buy in the dip but hardly very few traders able to do this. In the bearish trend, we should do partial buying rather than buying all at once if the market keeps dropping you can buy again so that the buying average of the coins will be reduced.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maestro75

Activity: 1918
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2021, 01:22:39 PM

1. Take profits and wait for dips to buy back
2. Find other means of survival e.g jobs so that you can hold coins conveniently, some decide to sell their holdings too soon because they have no other source of income and they have to stay alive
3. Take risks with what you can afford to lose

1. What if dips do not come after you take profit What will you do? That means you will be out of trade and continue to watch price go up to your little profit taken?
2. Not everybody can find a job, and not every country has good employment plan with unemployment very high.
3. What if they can not afford to risk anything because they do not have anything at all? Cryptocurrency is not that easy to deal with whether as someone holding it or someone trading it.
pawanjain

Activity: 2660
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
June 24, 2021, 01:56:19 PM

From analysis, it has been argued severally that hodlers are winner and earn more profits than traders, this depends on your expertise and where you fall into. The current situation now means that anyone that bought lower and didn't take profit because of greed or another reason will soon be at loss or breakeven if things continue to go down. Now many people are lamenting because they didn't expect this at this time and didn't take profit because they thought the uptrend will last more for better profit. For people that has been here for long knows the cycle and this kind of situation is inevitable. For people that can be patient I think they can still get back to the former or expected profit but this is not guaranteed. In my opinion I think it's better to hodl and take profit at the right time and wait for the dip to buy back more quantities and wait for more profit. This way you earn more profits. What do you feel is best to do when holding a coin, please share your opinions!

What you say is right. I have been a HODLer all this while and I don't regret because HODLing has given me good profits.
But the recent dump changed my perspective. Bitcoin falling from $64k to $30k told me take profits use it to buy back when such corrections occur.
This increases overall gains in the long term. I think we should not sell all when the price is high but we should definitely sell some and take the profits so that we can buy back later.
This is the strategy which I will follow going forward.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 01:49:25 PM

Holders and traders have some differences and also have a similarities. I'd say they have difference since holders could've make us earn profits or lose, while in trading you are the one who sets your price on what you trade. Their similarities are that they may brought you profits and also they may brought you deficits.
distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 02:06:47 PM

Holders and traders have some differences and also have a similarities. I'd say they have difference since holders could've make us earn profits or lose, while in trading you are the one who sets your price on what you trade. Their similarities are that they may brought you profits and also they may brought you deficits.
So, which one would you like more? trade or hold coins?
we know everything is at risk. but everyone also knows how crypto assets around the world are the riskiest investment assets. but everyone likes it. because it can benefit from many things.

I myself changed my strategy following the market trend.
when in correction I will wait for the best price for me and buy some assets. long-term hold or short-term does not matter, it all depends on our analysis of each asset.
but when in bull momentum, I would prefer to trade following the market hype. it's a big risk but if we get the momentum that is always right, the profits will continue to flow for you.

breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 02:12:13 PM

We know holding a coin until a bullrun occurs is exhausting, so our emotions are tested to survive. but not many people can do it, so they wish and regret it. therefore we must prepare ourselves to stick to our original goal, so that when floating plus we remain calm to achieve the target, and finally we get out before the peak is formed

monineklutak

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252

The OGz Club

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 03:04:00 PM

From analysis, it has been argued severally that hodlers are winner and earn more profits than traders, this depends on your expertise and where you fall into. The current situation now means that anyone that bought lower and didn't take profit because of greed or another reason will soon be at loss or breakeven if things continue to go down. Now many people are lamenting because they didn't expect this at this time and didn't take profit because they thought the uptrend will last more for better profit. For people that has been here for long knows the cycle and this kind of situation is inevitable. For people that can be patient I think they can still get back to the former or expected profit but this is not guaranteed. In my opinion I think it's better to hodl and take profit at the right time and wait for the dip to buy back more quantities and wait for more profit. This way you earn more profits. What do you feel is best to do when holding a coin, please share your opinions!

Holding certainly takes a long time to make a profit, and this is done for those who have more money, but with daily trading we can make big profits, there is definitely no guarantee that everyone can trade or hold depending on financial capacity.
In addition to financial ability, everyone also has their own strategy regarding trading,
and if we have coins like bitcoin and ethereum of course it's good to keep holding them,
because we know that almost every year they always go up and that is a long term asset

The OGz Club▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 03:19:17 PM

I think you are right. If there are people who bought BTC at the beginning of its journey and are holding it now, then they probably have already made an incredibly large profit. I do not think that such a profit can be obtained by trading BTC, because when you trade you can both lose and earn, while you constantly need to monitor the market and information, and this is really very difficult. So I also think it's better to hold onto your cryptocurrency than to trade it.
ZAINmalik75

Activity: 1218
Merit: 599

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2021, 06:28:30 PM

Yeh its absolutely right that holder only just get profit they even not get 1$  loss because they always buy at dip and hold for a 3 to 4 years and you know that after 3 to 4 years everything is not same all of real project which you hold has pump about 100% so the holder just get profit and profit.
I know holding any crypto for 3 to 4 years is very difficult but if you done  you will be get 100%
So I am trying to buy so top project coins and hold it for a long time.🤐😜

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 12:47:30 AM

Most of the hodlers now in bitcoin and other altcoins are now millionaires, it is because most of them holds huge amounts of cryptocurrencies. But for those who only have a little amount maybe they also benefits from their holdings but not that much. Nowadays those who have much money to invest and much more holdings will surely gain large profits in the future once the value of their holding goes high.

EYC_ONE

Activity: 122
Merit: 19

https://i.imgur.com/0cKROEC.png

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 01:12:50 AM

I think everything needs to have a goal. For example, when you buy a coin, it can be a goal. Determine in advance how much you will buy and how much you will sell. If the coin falls below the target, you have to hold it. As long as it does not rise to the top. On the other hand, if the coin continues to rise, sell it at your specific target. If you come more, I would say it is wrong.los coin is better to hold the coins

►           ►     enVoy        ▐ │     Sustainably Green Trust in Trade     │ ▌     ◄           ◄
►            ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK            ◄
[v]  Facebook     [v]  Twitter     [v]  Telegram     [v]  Medium     [v]  Linkedin     [v]  Reddit
jinneas

Activity: 116
Merit: 23

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 02:00:47 AM

For people that can be patient I think they can still get back to the former or expected profit but this is not guaranteed. In my opinion I think it's better to hodl and take profit at the right time and wait for the dip to buy back more quantities and wait for more profit. This way you earn more profits.
Buying currency and holding it for a long time to make a profit is an idea shared by many investors. By analyzing market conditions and price trends, they invest in safer currencies and hold them for a long time. When the price rises, they will get high profits.In the holding process, when the currency price drops, you can choose to buy more, and you can make a profit when the price pulls back.

Handsome Boy
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 12

I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 02:28:00 AM

That's why I myself don't recommend investing in shitcoins,
especially with the current condition which is undergoing a major correction, of course, the price will decline,
what is clear is shitcoin is not the right choice if you want to invest there are still promising altcoins
Yes, when the market is in good condition shitcoin is also not a good choice for investment, especially in conditions like now, it's clearly not going to be good at all, because if someone still chooses it at this time, then it's like suicide.

I agree with you, because it is better to invest in a project that is real and has a product, so the price will definitely continue to increase and of course it will be safer for you to make a long or short term investment, then of course you will definitely get a lot of profit if you invest in real project and have product instead of investing in shit coin, because shit coin will only survive for a while and when investors from shit coin have made a profit, then they will sell it and make the price go down, so of course if the price of shit coin goes down, then the price will be difficult to increase again, therefore investing in shit coin has a big risk for us to lose our money.
pragna

Activity: 1582

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 06:10:37 AM

In my opinion I think it's better to hodl and take profit at the right time and wait for the dip to buy back more quantities and wait for more profit. This way you earn more profits. What do you feel is best to do when holding a coin, please share your opinions!

Actually hold is not always good for all tokens or coins. This market is too much imbalanced and investors has to be more careful when he going to hold a token for future. Maximum time we see team did not work according to their roadmap so that if you hold a token you may loser. In my opinion if i got lamsam amount of profit i will go for first time profit and than i can go for 2nd time investment if market goes well. Otherwise small profit is good than big amount.
wajik-tempe

Activity: 1022

TonUp.io | 🔥Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 06:31:54 AM

In my opinion I think it's better to hodl and take profit at the right time and wait for the dip to buy back more quantities and wait for more profit. This way you earn more profits. What do you feel is best to do when holding a coin, please share your opinions!

Actually hold is not always good for all tokens or coins. This market is too much imbalanced and investors has to be more careful when he going to hold a token for future. Maximum time we see team did not work according to their roadmap so that if you hold a token you may loser. In my opinion if i got lamsam amount of profit i will go for first time profit and than i can go for 2nd time investment if market goes well. Otherwise small profit is good than big amount.

But predicting market condition is almost imposible in crypto market, because today we could see a market giving a sign of bullish but it could be a bull trap and also the oppsite. So i think the best way to invest in crypto is holding, trading is really risky if we just rely on the market chart and technical analysis, everything is could pump and dump in seconds but we will make a profit in a long run

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2021, 07:20:47 AM

So, which one would you like more? trade or hold coins?
we know everything is at risk. but everyone also knows how crypto assets around the world are the riskiest investment assets. but everyone likes it. because it can benefit from many things.

I myself changed my strategy following the market trend.
when in correction I will wait for the best price for me and buy some assets. long-term hold or short-term does not matter, it all depends on our analysis of each asset.
but when in bull momentum, I would prefer to trade following the market hype. it's a big risk but if we get the momentum that is always right, the profits will continue to flow for you.
I believe we are both alike except that I tried to do the trading daily thing and was losing funds so I decided to be Hodling for a much longer period. During the bull momentum, it will be much easier to follow the market even if you are not doing the everyday trading but just trying to understand the market chat then sell and buy during few fluctuations. In all, I believe I do well with HODLing my crypto assets for a period of than the daily trade moves.
Mr.Scott

Activity: 548
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 07:30:48 AM

But predicting market condition is almost imposible in crypto market, because today we could see a market giving a sign of bullish but it could be a bull trap and also the oppsite. So i think the best way to invest in crypto is holding, trading is really risky if we just rely on the market chart and technical analysis, everything is could pump and dump in seconds but we will make a profit in a long run
Especially in this bear market there's no certainties, crypto market impossible to track it next step. Crytpo market is too much volatile to handle it, hold only can safe us. Market is down, and literally everything is cheap. Buy more but not shit coins, make crypto investment safely. There are some promising projects and you only make profits whether you coin worth to hold or not.
Wong Gendheng

Activity: 1428

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 09:52:54 AM

Holding crypto in my opinion is more risky than traders, traders can cut losses at any time thus avoiding big losses but holders can lose all money, I once held some tokens that I thought were good but turned out to be lost in the market in 6 months so I lost all my money.
distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 01:45:45 PM

Holding crypto in my opinion is more risky than traders, traders can cut losses at any time thus avoiding big losses but holders can lose all money, I once held some tokens that I thought were good but turned out to be lost in the market in 6 months so I lost all my money.
but trading without good market analysis skills and knowledge is also a big risk.
Holding and trading crypto assets are always risky. and the only one who can minimize the risk is ourselves.
we have to be able to improve our skills and know where we have the best skills. because sometimes some have better skills at holding long-term assets than trading. or conversely, some prefer trading rather than investing by holding assets for a long time.

Cvetik56

Activity: 173
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 01:50:49 PM

I'm not so much of a trader so i'm just holding my crypto. I'm buying some every time i have money to spare and i see the dip. I'm not selling any BTC but i've withdrawed LTC sometimes when i really needed it too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: