Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:12:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: metamask: how do I delete accounts  (Read 88 times)
ROGERTHAT777 (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 04:35:55 PM

As I have been setting up my accounts, I mistakingly addes a couple of new zero balance accounts.  I can click on them but I can't delete them.. they are just in the way and confusing. how do I do that please?

Also, I just added my bnb smart chain to my metamask and now when I connect on uniswap with metmask it says "worng netwrok connect with right ethereum network... but my wallet is not checked for the binance smart chain.. it still says metamask? can you help me.  It was working fine minutes ago. thank you
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1228

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 06:15:35 PM

You cant delete a wallet contains in a single seed, the only way is to abandon the dummy address you are created and make some backup only from a private key for some address you want to use without backup the seed. If you backup a seed metamask, all address contains to that seed will be backup so everything you add new address some old address has been created will be show up.
- Re-instals metamask
- Created a fresh metamask account with a new seed
- Backup your specifiq address by import them via private key

About UNISWAP, off course wrong network you just send BNB to Smart Chain Network. UNISWAP using ETH Network so you cannot connected your wallet to there with Smart Chain network.

Use AMM Exchange running on BSC network, example like pancake swap.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 06:35:43 PM

All the addresses are dervied from your private key or seed, so you can not delete them, they are connected to your account literally forever. If you want to "get rid" of them you need to hide/dismiss them or create a new account and transfer all your assets to this new one. But it is not recommend in times with such high fees. So you need to live with them.
Digital_Lord

Activity: 1498
Merit: 502

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2021, 06:59:16 PM

If you have added a lot of accounts and now don't need them. So you can simply delete all accounts by clearing data of Metamask. After clearing data you have to log in to accounts that you want.
And after clearing data your Uniswap problem will automatically be solved and then you can add a BSC network.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
AhmadM

Activity: 1022
Merit: 308

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 11:35:43 PM

If you have added a lot of accounts and now don't need them. So you can simply delete all accounts by clearing data of Metamask. After clearing data you have to log in to accounts that you want.
And after clearing data your Uniswap problem will automatically be solved and then you can add a BSC network.
What did you mean by clearing data of metamask? From what I know plus been mentioned by others in the post above those accounts can't be removed since all of them have the same seed as the main address/account, the easiest way might just create a new account or reinstall your metamask extension (though I'm not too sure with this way)
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 23, 2021, 12:29:39 AM

As I have been setting up my accounts, I mistakingly addes a couple of new zero balance accounts.  I can click on them but I can't delete them.. they are just in the way and confusing. how do I do that please?

Also, I just added my bnb smart chain to my metamask and now when I connect on uniswap with metmask it says "worng netwrok connect with right ethereum network... but my wallet is not checked for the binance smart chain.. it still says metamask? can you help me.  It was working fine minutes ago. thank you

Now it's simple!

What to do is go back to the settings switched it back to the network you intend using, e.g. BSC or ETH. After switching back to ETH or BSC click on the account you imported or mistakenly created to rename it or to number those wallet by so doing it won't get you more confused about it. This methods is also applicable to BSC as well.
And also Note that one wallet can serve as BSC and ETH but you to manually import it before it could work that way.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
June 23, 2021, 01:26:08 AM

What did you mean by clearing data of metamask?
He probably used the wrong words but it looks like he means something like clearing cache because @ROGERTHAT777 also mentioned that Uniswap is getting BSC network although his wallet is already set on Ethereum.

I'm not sure about the other thing that he said though. I don't know if he means deleting BSC and then adding it again or just switching networks once cache is cleared.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: