Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:27:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I convert USDT on metamask in Erc20 to BNB smart chain on BEP 20 side?  (Read 86 times)
ROGERTHAT777 (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 23, 2021, 08:44:56 PM

Hi guys I am still figuring things out.  I wanted to get BNB for the bep side of my metamask.  I forgot they turned back on my binance.us account so I went to coinbase and bought some USDT to send to my metmask wallet.  I added USDT and it added the coin and it sent to the ERC 20 side of my metamask.  When I try to swap the USDT to BNB regular on my BEP20 the USDT doesn't show up. How can I get this to the bnb smarchain to buy some elonspace?

If there is a simple way to do this please let me know.  I thought I remembered binance holds it for 10 days?
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ROGERTHAT777 (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 23, 2021, 09:14:20 PM

fwiw I had under 50 bucks to purchase and couldn't just buy it outright on metamask
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
June 23, 2021, 09:47:44 PM

Try binance's bridge. It's like a decentralized spot trading extension of bianance dex.
https://www.binance.org/en/bridge

Just select USDT (Ethereum network) as From and BNB (Binance smart chain network) as to. It gives limited options for conversion but would work best for your needs. There are several other such bridges that converts coins and tokens from equivalent or different tokens of other platforms.
anu1908

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 23, 2021, 09:59:25 PM
Merited by hugeblack (9)

When I try to swap the USDT to BNB regular on my BEP20 the USDT doesn't show up. How can I get this to the bnb smarchain to buy some elonspace?
use metamask and then connect it to the bridge (linked above) to swap. if you use trust wallet, you can also swap them directly (but only for bnb though, so you need to convert your usdt to bnb first, not really efficient).

the integrated swap function on metamask is just an instant exchange, so of course you can't swap your tokens from one chain to another.

SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
June 24, 2021, 08:46:53 AM

Hi guys I am still figuring things out.  I wanted to get BNB for the bep side of my metamask.  I forgot they turned back on my binance.us account so I went to coinbase and bought some USDT to send to my metmask wallet.  I added USDT and it added the coin and it sent to the ERC 20 side of my metamask.  When I try to swap the USDT to BNB regular on my BEP20 the USDT doesn't show up. How can I get this to the bnb smarchain to buy some elonspace?

If there is a simple way to do this please let me know.  I thought I remembered binance holds it for 10 days?

You mixed up ERC20 and BEP20 blockchain. You transferred USDT to your Ethereum metamask wallet and of course it won't show on your Binance Smart Chain metamask wallet because they are different blockchain.

Aside from using bridge like the others suggested, here is my solution :

1. Send your USDT ERC20 token to your Binance exchange account wallet (deposit USDT ERC20)
2. Use your USDT to buy some BNB (trade on USDT/BNB pair)
3. Withdraw your BNB to your metamask wallet and don't forget to choose BEP20 (Smart chain Network)

Good luck

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
June 24, 2021, 09:47:15 AM

Hi guys I am still figuring things out.  I wanted to get BNB for the bep side of my metamask.  I forgot they turned back on my binance.us account so I went to coinbase and bought some USDT to send to my metmask wallet.  I added USDT and it added the coin and it sent to the ERC 20 side of my metamask.  When I try to swap the USDT to BNB regular on my BEP20 the USDT doesn't show up. How can I get this to the bnb smarchain to buy some elonspace?

If there is a simple way to do this please let me know.  I thought I remembered binance holds it for 10 days?

So i guess you want to be able to purchase Elonspace on pancakeswap, but for that you need BNB first. Now you have bought USDT but on the Ethereum Chain and sent it to your metamask wallet. I think your options are:
- Send the USDT to Binance, buy BNB there (BEP20 BNB of course) with your USDT send the BNB to your Metamask, once you have the BNB on your Metamask, connect your wallet to pancakeswap and swap those bnb for elon space.
- Use a bridge, like binance bridge to convert your ERC-20 USDT to BEP-20 USDT (for that you need to pay ETH for the transaction), then you can swap your USDT for WBNB and then your BNB for elonspace.. all on pancakeswap.

For both options you need some ETH on your metamask for transaction fees and of course some BNB for the trading fees on pancakeswap.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: