Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:32:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Farm Software Comparison  (Read 535 times)
Tsub (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 12:12:43 PM

I have only looked at the surface of the various Mining Farm software:

Awesomeminer
Mineitor
Luxor
HiveFarm

I am curious which folks are most impressed with?  I am currently using Luxor on an experimental basis but am wondering what the community thinks?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 01:39:29 PM

Awesomeminer and HiveFarm violate the cgminer license since.
They have firmware that runs with their software that violates the license.

I've no idea about the other two.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
s265925

Activity: 44
Merit: 33

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2021, 09:55:01 AM

That is why we have one month free subscription for Mineitor! Smiley just test it and find out your self.
We have 24/7 support. and also we have features that is unique to Mineitor.
E.g. Remote-browser  or Maintenance-Management or Customer-management , ...
Tsub (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 07:11:06 PM

That is why we have one month free subscription for Mineitor! Smiley just test it and find out your self.

I have to say, working with the support team has been really nice.  Keep throwing curveballs at them and they keep adding and fixing!

Support for the latest Pi hardware - done
Adding Goldshell HS5 - done
Adding Luxor pools to support - in progress

I will have 2 controllers, one for my home farm and one for the colo farm.  Home farm setup and working!

So far so good!
kano
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2021, 01:27:49 AM

This one violates the cgminer license also since they provide a firmware without the miner source code.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Tsub (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2021, 03:52:08 AM

This one violates the cgminer license also since they provide a firmware without the miner source code.

Not using their firmware so not sure that matters (right?).

I like the insight their portal / controllers give.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2021, 06:01:30 AM

Not using their firmware so not sure that matters (right?).

I like the insight their portal / controllers give.
Well they're happy to violate the license, what else might they do inside their portal ...

s265925

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2021, 07:26:44 AM

Well they're happy to violate the license, what else might they do inside their portal ...
You are right about CGminer License. But you are wrong about what we do. It is not our own Firmware.
Actually, we don't have our Firmware so we don't own the source code to share, It is part of our partnership program, all users are free to decide if they want to use Vnish Firmware or not. It is why we called the firmware Vnish-Mineitor. So users will know this is the same firmware with Vnish.
Many users don't care If custom firmware developers share the source code or not. Vnish is respected in the community among many users. so we respected and cooperated with them.
With your logic many miner manufacturers is violating CGminer License which also is connecting to your pool. so you are the supporter of them?
s265925

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2021, 07:51:24 AM

I have to say, working with the support team has been really nice.  Keep throwing curveballs at them and they keep adding and fixing!

Support for the latest Pi hardware - done
Adding Goldshell HS5 - done
Adding Luxor pools to support - in progress

I will have 2 controllers, one for my home farm and one for the colo farm.  Home farm setup and working!

So far so good!

I Am really happy that we could do our job. Adding support for new brands (new for us) is a part of our responsibilities usually it takes less than 24 hours to add support for other brands but I think our developers are a little busy at the moment. We really care about support since we think it is really important.
Thanks for your positive feedback.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6371

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
July 06, 2021, 03:37:57 PM

Awesomeminer and HiveFarm violate the cgminer license since.
They have firmware that runs with their software that violates the license.

I've no idea about the other two.

There is custom firmware by the name "Luxor Tech" which I believe belongs to Luxor, so this makes 4 of them.

OP, I use AwesomeMiner and it's great, I have checked Mineitor and it looks as Awesome as AwesomeMiner.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
kano
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2021, 11:00:07 PM

You are right about CGminer License. But you are wrong about what we do. It is not our own Firmware.
You distribute it, so you are required to provide the source code.
That's how the GPLv3 license works.

Tsub (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2021, 01:57:20 AM

Actually, we don't have our Firmware so we don't own the source code to share, It is part of our partnership program, all users are free to decide if they want to use Vnish Firmware or not. It is why we called the firmware Vnish-Mineitor. So users will know this is the same firmware with Vnish.
Many users don't care If custom firmware developers share the source code or not. Vnish is respected in the community among many users. so we respected and cooperated with them.
With your logic many miner manufacturers is violating CGminer License which also is connecting to your pool. so you are the supporter of them?

Now I am curious.  What they working on? 

s265925

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2021, 07:44:14 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2021, 08:06:41 AM by s265925
Merited by mikeywith (2)

You distribute it, so you are required to provide the source code.
That's how the GPLv3 license works.
Actually, I am in the same position as you but what am I trying to say is that 99% of this industry is not respecting the License.
Let's make it more clear,
Bitmain, Whatsminer, Innosilicon, and many more Even Goldshell that TSUB uses, which uses BFGMiner that also is violating the GPLv3 license.

So can we say 90% of the mining industry is currently violating Licenses? this means that 90% of your pool users are using devices and firmware that violate the GPLv3 license.

As Mineitor team we have three goals
1.Support any model and brand of miners which includes custom firmwares. so we can reach as many users.
2.Provide the best possible Customer Service.
3.Provide the best tools possible for monitoring and management.

As result, we can't lose the part of customers that is willing to use custom firmware. so we launched our partnership program which includes Vnish and in the future, there will be more.

Let's be honest with each other. You can't prevent them from using your pool. If you do then you will have to shutdown your service.
I looked at your website. You only prevent Custom Firmware. If you care, In the first place you need to stop using miners and giving service to them. Even firmware provided by the miner manufacturer

s265925

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2021, 08:03:52 AM

I didn't understand your question.
If you are asking what we do as the Mineitor team?
We are providing a Remote monitoring and management solution with automation tools and alerts.
It helps farm owners to better manage and maintain their farms and devices. So they can reduce costs and increase revenue and increase their security from many aspects.

We respect the privacy of our customers and It's not like what Kano said that we don't care about the license. We haven't created any firmware and don't own it. We just provided an offer to the users of that firmware. And all the responsibility of how did they developed and what software they used in developing their firmware is with the Vnish team. So many users already are using their firmware whether we offer that service or not. We are just focused on our own company's success and growth. As I already said If we would want to not provide support for firmware that violating the CGMiner license, We have to drop support for almost all of the miners in the industry, not just Vnish. That's impossible. And keep in mind that we are not responsible for what others do.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2021, 09:37:32 AM

We just provided an offer
On your site you have a download of the firmware.
That is called distributing it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5257764.msg57405338#msg57405338

Tsub (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2021, 11:22:54 PM

I didn't understand your question.
If you are asking what we do as the Mineitor team?
We are providing a Remote monitoring and management solution with automation tools and alerts.
It helps farm owners to better manage and maintain their farms and devices. So they can reduce costs and increase revenue and increase their security from many aspects.

We respect the privacy of our customers and It's not like what Kano said that we don't care about the license. We haven't created any firmware and don't own it. We just provided an offer to the users of that firmware. And all the responsibility of how did they developed and what software they used in developing their firmware is with the Vnish team. So many users already are using their firmware whether we offer that service or not. We are just focused on our own company's success and growth. As I already said If we would want to not provide support for firmware that violating the CGMiner license, We have to drop support for almost all of the miners in the industry, not just Vnish. That's impossible. And keep in mind that we are not responsible for what others do.

S - I was really asking, what are they working on as in new features, pools, enhancements, new goodies to mess with! Smiley

mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6371

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 08:27:46 PM

You only prevent Custom Firmware. If you care, In the first place you need to stop using miners and giving service to them. Even firmware provided by the miner manufacturer

Kano must have some weird explanation for why it's okay to allow stock firmware that violate the same license, he did mention it before, I just can't remember it, it probably didn't make any sense to me that's why I forgot, I would love to read the same excuse again.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2539

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 08:49:36 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2021, 09:00:44 PM by NotFuzzyWarm
Merited by mikeywith (2)

You only prevent Custom Firmware. If you care, In the first place you need to stop using miners and giving service to them. Even firmware provided by the miner manufacturer

Kano must have some weird explanation for why it's okay to allow stock firmware that violate the same license, he did mention it before, I just can't remember it, it probably didn't make any sense to me that's why I forgot, I would love to read the same excuse again.
The explanation is not weird: If one is running a pool then one must allow the OEM firmware because that is what the vast majority of miners use. It is tilting at windmills to do otherwise. Sure it bugs the hell out of him but it is what it is. A few years back even -ck bitched about Bitmain using cgminer but later backed off after a certain someone reminded him that he (-ck) led Bitmain down that path by refusing to do any work for the s1 even after BM sent him a miner to test on.

Now regarding,
You can't prevent them from using your pool.
"Them" of course is referring to miners using 3rd party firmware and yes he DOES prevent its usage on KanoPool. Part of the data exchanged between a miner and pool identifies what the firmware is and his pool software automatically disconnects any miner that is not running OEM firmware. The only exception is BoS because the sourcecode is published and that only works on the Solo pool until it is proven that BoS finds blocks. Once someone finds a BTC block with BoS and can prove it (preferably by mining it on the Solo pool) then BoS will also be allowed on the main pool.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
kano
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 12:20:31 AM

Is this the 2nd or 3rd time you've asked this after I've made a post replying to you explaining why?
Please go visit a doctor and have a check for Alzheimer's

s265925

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2021, 12:31:51 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2021, 12:44:51 PM by s265925

The explanation is not weird
But in my point of view, this explanation is not answering my question. I really want to know what is the differences between one firmware that violates the same license with another one violating the same license?!
It makes me think that if you are big enough like bitmain, So we are ok with your license violation!?

You can't prevent them from using your pool.

For "Them" I mean all miners including devices with OEM firmware and others with custom firmware.
So it is correct if we really stop providing service to firmware which violate the license there will be no one left, excluding braiins.

Also to mention, we asked same partnership offer to the braiins team in the first place, but after some negotiations, we found their rules are not fair for such cooperation!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: