Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:19:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 580s may still survive till next bull market?  (Read 110 times)
DevFile90 (OP)

Activity: 227
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 02:31:22 PM

Rx580 and 570 will be the most sold cards on eBay and everywhere because they are at the last circle of their lives, I might be wrong though buts I remember seeing the cards on eBay for 95$ lol.

Is it worth building mining rigs with rx580 GPUs after 2021?

██████████████ ███████ █│     S y n t r u m     │     JOIN NOW     │█ ███████ ██████████████
►   Blockchain Infrastructure for DeFi, Gaming and NFT   ◄
██████████████       |       Twitter       |     Telegram     |      Medium      |       ██████████████
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1711

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 02:54:42 PM

I had tons of the RX 470 series cards from 2016 or so. Back in late 2018 and early 2019
I started to sell them. From what I remember pre-covid (before the shortages) the RX 470 4 Gb went for around $125 CAD. And this is from the MSRP being $250 or so. So about 50% depreciating after 3-4 years is typical for a GPU.

I was expecting these to be worth maybe $50 when there was millions of these being dumped on eBay and causing a huge supply. However that never happened. Even though unless you had 0.05 power which most people didn’t you wouldn’t make a profit with these anymore. So most people just powered them off and waited or just let them sit in their basements. Most didn’t dump them cheap.

Now here is the kicker. Most BUYERS assumed that they are worth maybe $20. Because if I had a nickel every time some cheap skate replied to my ads saying “ Yo dude, I know you mined ETH with this, I will give you $20 CASH, pickup tonight”. I would be a very rich man.

So this is proof that it’s very difficult predicting the future value of these GPUs. From my experience they are only cheap if you try and sell with a dead fan, then you might get like $50 for them because most people don’t want to go thru the hassle of taking it apart.
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 03:09:01 PM

You can buy them of course if it is cheap and cheap electricity.polaris cards consumes bit more than newer cards. if electricity no problem they you are ok.
devil2man

Activity: 759
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 06:49:38 PM

since the value of the other (latest releases) cards on the market is still prohibitive and has dropped only very little while waiting for them to return to normal values, we can temporarily buffer using the rx 580 which, even if dated, remain excellent gpu i would also use them there
 also next year for do some rigs
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1042

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 07:49:11 PM

Rx580 and 570 will be the most sold cards on eBay and everywhere because they are at the last circle of their lives, I might be wrong though buts I remember seeing the cards on eBay for 95$ lol.

Is it worth building mining rigs with rx580 GPUs after 2021?
While Ethereum runs on the POV algorithm, the 8GB Rx580 and 570 will be the most popular and mainstream graphics cards.
Ethereum determines the price of these video cards and the demand for them.
The developer's promise does not tell us the exact date, so it is very difficult to make predictions now.
In my country, they are sold for $ 500, and this is the price for used video cards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: