Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:37:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About chip welding, help me  (Read 115 times)
abc320 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2021, 08:08:13 AM

Hello everyone, I am a novice. Recently, I encountered some problems when welding l3 chips. Why is the RI resistance of the chips I welded always very high? About 0.74 Ω, other resistance values are normal, I don't know why, I think my welding is not crooked Huh
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3022

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2021, 01:39:45 PM

What do you mean welding? Did you just use a soldering iron to solder the ASIC chip?

Are you using Hotair? you might put too much heat and fry the chip?

Replace it again but this time don't put too much heat and air so set up the temperature and airflow lower than you set recently.
and make sure don't flow the chip steady always do flow counterclockwise and gradually decrease the height to avoid chip damaged. Use Tweezer to make sure you put the chip in the right position and don't forget to clean the board to remove all flux you can use lacquer flo thinner to clean the tracks and then test the resistance again.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ryreidly

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2021, 08:53:19 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2021, 08:16:26 AM by ryreidly

Most likely, you were not engaged in welding but simply soldering parts to each other. In this case, you need to monitor the temperature and soldering time carefully.
Make sure that the chips are evenly distributed along with the place of adhesion. Thus, the voltage should equalize. 
If you want to do welding, you should buy a suitable quality device. I advise you to choose a model on this site — https://www.cherokeeobserver.org/best-welding-respirator-reviews/. I have recently updated my welding device myself.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with me. With pleasure, I will help.
VRMdude

Activity: 106
Merit: 31

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 01:09:39 PM

Hello everyone, I am a novice. Recently, I encountered some problems when welding l3 chips. Why is the RI resistance of the chips I welded always very high? About 0.74 Ω, other resistance values are normal, I don't know why, I think my welding is not crooked Huh

Bridges, vehicles and gas pipes are welded, electrical components are soldered and there is a great deal of difference between the two operations. Perhaps there are language barriers like English is not first language, that's ok but there is subtle difference to learn. Please stop welding now and watch some videos on solder techniques and hot air gun techniques for as long as you need to otherwise its likely this welding will kill everything in close proximity and nearby....  Cheesy
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
October 11, 2021, 03:08:37 PM

Most likely he is talking about the ASIC chips found in the L3. Sometimes one can fail and you can take from another dead board and get the board up and running again.

They are an extreme pain to remove however. Even with the proper equipment they are difficult to remove without damaging the PCB or the ASIC themselves.

So my guess is your resistance is off because most likely you
Damaged the chip when you were removing it.

Removing is difficult, installation is very easy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: