Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:05:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Report on wish fake 1060  (Read 168 times)
Nhazwrath (OP)

Activity: 290
Merit: 40

View Profile
June 28, 2021, 05:27:09 PM

So bought a video card off wish knowing that it was probably going to be a problem. 

It actually arrived at a very good rate, right at 3 weeks. 

Plugged it in will not function as a secondary video card in any way shape or form the bios reports it as a 1060.  After fiddling around with it for about half an hour I got it to successfully turn on as a primary video card it ran for 5 minutes and then turned off I never actually managed to mine anything with this card. 

It came with a set of drivers on a CD which I attempted to install the drivers took half an hour to install the disc itself was actually battered so the DVD reader I put in there to read that disc had a hard time. When the driver finally installed it's successfully managed to ignore all the other gpus in the system and still didn't actually run or mine.  As I'm typing this I'm currently uninstalling all drivers in the system and trying to get factory drivers reinstalled. 

I've of course already put in a ticket to recover my money from wish.  It immediately flagged my account for abuse.  How awesome is that?  You sell me a video card that functioned for 5 minutes and never actually performed any work and you flagged Me for abuse LOL.  So I sent off some nasty emails we'll see what the responses are there. 

Well I was not terribly surprised at the video card did not function I am quite surprised that wish is abusing me further with the appeal process. 
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
June 28, 2021, 05:46:30 PM

Have you not seen the various youtube videos on these cards? Its safe to say that all of them are fakes and designed to deceive people.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1807

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
June 28, 2021, 09:21:47 PM

It should be the last time you buy such items from sites like wish, Alibaba, Aliexpress etc. The rates may look very attractive and affordable but there's something wrong with them most of the times.

Unfortunately most of this online marketplaces don't care if the customer received a working item or not.

Only buy from official stores and distributers. if the video card is out of stock, wait until it's back in stock.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 02:33:12 AM

Lol? I heard bad ideas of people buying fake video cards from alibaba however to actually expect to get an actual video card from wish is crazy.

Wish is a worse version of alibaba pretty much. Most of the cheap stuff on there is actually a trick. Some guy on YouTube made a video where he bought a bicycle for $10. And when it arrived it wasn’t a bicycle but an light for a
Bicycle. It was a trick in the description pretty much.

I think they are betting that 25% of the people that buy won’t test it in time or they have no idea what a 1060 really is and won’t make a claim. But most people will obviously make a claim and get a refund. Surprised they banned you however. Very strange. Did you order anything else from them and make a claim?
Looper_U

Activity: 369
Merit: 16

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 07:31:53 AM

Wish always have fake products not just GPUs only but AliExpress have originals, the thing is some people risk their money on offers that are too good to be true which of cos are available on any online stores including Amazon, if you don't know how to shop just do some research first

Nhazwrath (OP)

Activity: 290
Merit: 40

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 08:19:06 PM

I was aware of the high probability of a bad or goofy card.  Wish has had a good money back guarantee.   They flagged my account for abuse.  I'm deciding if I should just challenge it through PayPal and cut them off.
Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 30, 2021, 12:41:12 AM

I was aware of the high probability of a bad or goofy card.  Wish has had a good money back guarantee.   They flagged my account for abuse.  I'm deciding if I should just challenge it through PayPal and cut them off.

If I was you I'd do that immediately. Report it to Paypal, attach screenshots and forget about Wish.

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 30, 2021, 07:25:42 PM

So bought a video card off wish knowing that it was probably going to be a problem. 
Do you want to be deceived?
I hope you spent a little money.
Any video card can be visually distinguished by removing the cooling system.
Would you add a photo to see what the scammers are sending instead of 1060. Or is it an overheated 1060 after a long mining?
anu1908

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 30, 2021, 08:21:55 PM

maybe you need to spent more time on youtube man. check out channels such as tech yes city, dawid does tech stuff etc. they're doing a lot of videos about prebuilt and gpus from wish, alibaba, amazon, etc.

at this point, fake wish card is probably not a secret thing anymore. almost everybody knows it.
mak013

Activity: 2380
Merit: 756

View Profile
July 03, 2021, 05:59:55 AM

It is possible to buy GPUs at aliexpress. But if you want to get working GPU at pump - it will cost the same as in Europe. Used GPU per $40 you can buy only then dump.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1807

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 08:35:40 PM

It is possible to buy GPUs at aliexpress. But if you want to get working GPU at pump - it will cost the same as in Europe. Used GPU per $40 you can buy only then dump.
Nobody said it's not possible but question is what kind or quality of GPU are you buying?

Personally I don't trust buying electronics or gadgets from online retail or wholesale sites that consist of different random sellers like Aliexpress, ebay, or amazon. Chances of getting a faulty or fake item are very high

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██