Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:48:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Helping a friend to shop for GPU online  (Read 264 times)
Looper_U (OP)

Activity: 369
Merit: 16

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 07:27:18 AM

Shopping on Alibaba lately and I came across some rtx3080 at the price of 1700$ to 1800$ while the price on Amazon store is over 2000$ I want to know if this is legit? Though eBay stated the sellers as 100% positive, another worry here is how to identify the LHR GPU and non LHR GPU since it's not written on the case.

TheMimic1

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 08:46:13 AM

RTX3090 MSRP is 1500$ and that's 120MH on ETH, tell your friend to chill for a while because GPU value will still dump, thanks to scalpers it's a total waste of money buying a rtx3080 for 1700$, this is just how I feel about it the choice is left for you

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     ITSMYNE     ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Social-plus NFT marketplace for official sports NFTs
[      t w i t t e r      ]  [    t e l e g r a m    ]  [   i n s t a g r a m   ]  [      d i s c o r d      ]
anu1908

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 06:56:33 PM

alibaba is at least more legit than wish. but i still don't recommend shopping there since you also need shipping fees etc. i agree with what has been said above, it's better to wait until the price get better. no need to rush.
SophiaZ
Copper Member

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

Founder of PESP COIN, The People's Coin

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2021, 01:27:21 AM

Alibaba.com is fine, most of sellers over there are manufacturers or trading companies just taking a low margin. Alibaba.com have escrow account to protect your payment.

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1055

View Profile
June 30, 2021, 07:16:18 PM

Shopping on Alibaba lately and I came across some rtx3080 at the price of 1700$ to 1800$ while the price on Amazon store is over 2000$ I want to know if this is legit? Though eBay stated the sellers as 100% positive, another worry here is how to identify the LHR GPU and non LHR GPU since it's not written on the case.
Have you tried looking at the used video card market in your city? For this price or less, you will find the best deal for used graphics cards with warranty and no LHR. If the video card mined for 6 months before, then this will not affect the quality of the video card.
Although I think that the prices of video cards will fall
mak013

Activity: 2380
Merit: 756

View Profile
July 03, 2021, 06:03:55 AM

You can loose your friend with such help. Just wait some time, several months, and look at the prices. And yes, look used GPU without LHR.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 03, 2021, 10:13:13 AM

avoid LHR cards...only hardened shitcoiners should use it hehe

anyway if i am a gamer, i still hate nvidia for LHR. why?

1. difficulty selling when time comes, a potential miner buyer would not like some LHR card.

2. if i am a gamer a 50% money back (if not 100% or above) through mining during idle time (not gaming), is a very good way to earn back the money you spent.

miners are here to stay, they are part of the gpu economy. nvidia is doing it wrong.
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2021, 03:35:02 PM

You can find cheaper if you dig a bit in alibaba but you must be careful and make sure to keep your payment protected..trust no one.  A lot of farms closed in some regions so there should be a flood of used gpu's being repackaged and sold.
anu1908

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 02:18:58 AM

if i am a gamer a 50% money back (if not 100% or above) through mining during idle time (not gaming), is a very good way to earn back the money you spent.
i doubt majority of gamers would do that though. the set up for each use case must be quite different. i'd rather build another pc for gaming instead.

imo this is how nvidia going to milk miners. releasing dedicated mining cards while trying to decrease the burden for casual gamer. don't know if it will be successful or not though.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 03:21:04 AM

if i am a gamer a 50% money back (if not 100% or above) through mining during idle time (not gaming), is a very good way to earn back the money you spent.
i doubt majority of gamers would do that though. the set up for each use case must be quite different. i'd rather build another pc for gaming instead.

imo this is how nvidia going to milk miners. releasing dedicated mining cards while trying to decrease the burden for casual gamer. don't know if it will be successful or not though.

if you build separate rig for mining and gaming, you are already a miner.

nvidia is milking everybody. the irony is that gamers are the ones getting milked, as long as miners are getting ROI, it doesn't matter how much the card cost.
mak013

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 10:06:28 AM

Wait a bit. After pump the sales decreases and NVIDIA will unblock LHR with strange new driver. Or the price will fall down to the cost, that miners will ready to buy

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 11:07:20 AM

nvidia is milking everybody. the irony is that gamers are the ones getting milked, as long as miners are getting ROI, it doesn't matter how much the card cost.
Yep, sadly not everyone can see it. In the end gamers will be affected more than miners. But they don't really have a choice, at least for now. AMD can't give them supply even if their card is competitive. So we can only pray the next generation it will be better. If not, then the same situation will happen again.
mak013

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 07:36:56 AM

As for me, i decided not to buy NVIDIA GPUs until i see decision how to break LHR with 100% guarantee. Before it i can buy AMD and dont panic. Yet, AMD drivers becomes better, hash grows.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 03:16:06 PM

As for me, i decided not to buy NVIDIA GPUs until i see decision how to break LHR with 100% guarantee. Before it i can buy AMD and dont panic. Yet, AMD drivers becomes better, hash grows.

As soon as people chooses amd over nvidia for mining and gamers have enough of buying nvidia gpus then nvidia will unlock it because if not they will lose big.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 03:21:05 PM

As soon as people chooses amd over nvidia for mining and gamers have enough of buying nvidia gpus then nvidia will unlock it because if not they will lose big.

gamers: time to upgrade..selling rtx 3080 LHR

miner: sorry. fuck that shit.

gamers: fuck nvidia!
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 03:26:23 PM

Yeah, the truth is, when gamers see that miners dont want their gpus then they will have to sell them cheap hehe, funny will be if nvidia release new gpus unlocking full mining and leave all these lhr gpus locked forever hehe, smart people are likely trying to buy unlocked gpus because of the resell opportunity.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 03:47:17 PM

Yeah, the truth is, when gamers see that miners dont want their gpus then they will have to sell them cheap hehe, funny will be if nvidia release new gpus unlocking full mining and leave all these lhr gpus locked forever hehe, smart people are likely trying to buy unlocked gpus because of the resell opportunity.

i observed that some retailers have already priced them cheaper already compared to non-LHR.

the value of a money printer (gpu) is decided by how much money it prints. that is simply the right logic.
mak013

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 03:55:05 PM

Of course, it will be so. I dont believe that NVIDIA made some special chip or change GPU in some other mechanical way. This is some program update. Soon the price will fall down, or new driver will break LHR.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
7deadlyBTCIN

Activity: 120
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 07, 2021, 03:22:49 PM

1. difficulty selling when time comes, a potential miner buyer would not like some LHR card.

2. if i am a gamer a 50% money back (if not 100% or above) through mining during idle time (not gaming), is a very good way to earn back the money you spent.

miners are here to stay, they are part of the gpu economy. nvidia is doing it wrong.
LHR GPU versions aren't that bad, it's only bad for ETH mining but they are good for other algorithms as nothing changed in this part like just the non LHR versions, coins like super sero and ergo are still good on the cards but it depends entirely on how much you buying the LHR cards, the price must be good enough to fit their powerless performance
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2021, 05:37:45 PM

LHR GPU versions aren't that bad, it's only bad for ETH mining but they are good for other algorithms as nothing changed in this part like just the non LHR versions, coins like super sero and ergo are still good on the cards but it depends entirely on how much you buying the LHR cards, the price must be good enough to fit their powerless performance

as long as you can ROI it...then it is good
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: