Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:23:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 6/28/21 - Crypto for the homeless - we gave out pizza + water today (hottest day  (Read 144 times)
brollikk (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 28, 2021, 09:26:53 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (3), Halab (2)

Thanks to your support, we are able to do what we do.

Today was the hottest day of the year so far - it felt only right to hand out some pizza + water and help out some homeless people. If you want to volunteer (especially to hand out food) do not hesitate to contact me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NicNacCoin

Activity: 1288
Merit: 451

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 28, 2021, 09:34:17 PM

Wow excellent idea creation, Bitcoin. For charity. Bitcoin charity funds, it would be easier to participate in Bitcoin charity funds from all corners of world with cryptocurrencies. I appreciate it because we are all in coronavirus pandemic victimed and we have no jobs now

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
brollikk (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 03:00:06 AM

Thank you. This is a project of love
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 03:16:31 AM

If I'm not mistaken you also have a thread about helping others right? if not then My mistake..

but if does , All i can say is congratulation and you are really a Good samaritan mate , hope you will continue this attitude all your life .

and if given a chance i will surely put some funds sooner.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 03:29:28 AM

As is usual for @franky1, He raised some issues with your whole funding model. You have received > 6000 Dollars. And still have a good balance to continue doing this. Have you addressed the issues that franky raised?

From your experience, you can easily tell that trust is a big issue when talking about crypto donations. Considering that everything is visible on the blockchain, it shouldn't really be difficult to have easily viewable reports that can make this more legit. For doing this, you may need to change your payment methods and how you generate the receipts. At present, the workbook provides numbers but no authenticity behind those numbers. I don't think it'll be so difficult to do.

You still have a lot of money in there so it'd be great if you can put up a system to manage this before spending that money. How do you spend the crypto for example? Convert it to USD i guess because you have applied for the non-profit tax exemption.

What do you use to pay out to the fast-food joints? They should be handing you out receipts too. Would be possible to collate them to create a trail too.

Finally, what are your thoughts on making this healthier?
DapanasFruit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 49

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 04:01:35 AM

As is usual for @franky1, He raised some issues with your whole funding model. You have received > 6000 Dollars. And still have a good balance to continue doing this. Have you addressed the issues that franky raised? Finally, what are your thoughts on making this healthier?

This is actually a big problem with many charitable institutions - they are not doing enough to make the vote of trust and money really transparent enough, especially in the eyes of the benefactors. We usually give away money to charity without even thinking if the lead organization is doing good with the money or if they are doing some shenanigans behind. I am not here to put any doubt in for such a noble undertaking of helping other people, especially the needy, but it is also true that we already have the technology that can put more accountability and transparency to the whole process. And in addition...would it be great if in addition to pizza they can also contact a food provider for healthier options, and I am sure there are those in the directory.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 10:39:41 PM

Thats amazing way to help homeless people. Giving out major necessities is indeed a good idea instead of giving out crypto which definitely can not be used by them. This situation helps both crypto to be known as the paper pasted above pizza box showed some crypto printed coins and I envy those charity donators who are also giving out some crypto coins to extend their help through this guys.
Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 11:46:13 PM

I appreciate your work, Needless to say, this is a great initiative. But I think you should put more emphasis on the quality of the food.

These street children & homeless people who can't eat well three times a day suffer from severe malnutrition. Pizza is a delicious and pungent food but eating it does not satisfy hunger or satisfy the lack of essential nutrients. If they could be provided with iron-rich vegetables, rice, pulses, and meat, the demand for essential nutrients would be met. You can arrange to have some fruit for them.

whatever, keep it up and spread the word that cryptocurrency can be used for the welfare of the people, Let the world know that cryptocurrency is a blessing for all classes of people.

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
dubst4r

Activity: 56
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 30, 2021, 02:33:27 AM

Those 4 pizzas cost you $20, little caesars is $5 each LOL, scam much
brollikk (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2021, 01:23:19 AM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (3), Symmetrick (2)

As is usual for @franky1, He raised some issues with your whole funding model. You have received > 6000 Dollars. And still have a good balance to continue doing this. Have you addressed the issues that franky raised?

From your experience, you can easily tell that trust is a big issue when talking about crypto donations. Considering that everything is visible on the blockchain, it shouldn't really be difficult to have easily viewable reports that can make this more legit. For doing this, you may need to change your payment methods and how you generate the receipts. At present, the workbook provides numbers but no authenticity behind those numbers. I don't think it'll be so difficult to do.

You still have a lot of money in there so it'd be great if you can put up a system to manage this before spending that money. How do you spend the crypto for example? Convert it to USD i guess because you have applied for the non-profit tax exemption.

What do you use to pay out to the fast-food joints? They should be handing you out receipts too. Would be possible to collate them to create a trail too.

Finally, what are your thoughts on making this healthier?

1) The donations sometimes come in huge amounts. Most of them were actually from this year. I am one person going out as much as I can giving out about 4-6 meals per trip. I have no clue how to make "viewable" reports linked to the excel spread-sheet so I just record things manually as I receive donations. If you can find a better way to automate this - I am more than willing to incorporate it and give you credit.

ALL receipts have been photographed and published on http://cryptohomeless.home.blog (as well as photos of all food handouts). They match exactly with what is recorded on the spending spread-sheet down to the penny.

At this point, I am more focused on finding volunteers to hand out food for the organization to help spend the donated money. I am only one person doing most of the work in terms of handing food out, it is not as fast as you'd expect.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: