Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:04:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My reminder to satoshi to allow messages from newbies  (Read 75 times)
creasedbrain (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2021, 04:56:46 PM

Tried to send him this but it didn't allow me cuz newbie. So here it is -

Hello,

I'm from a small town. Less than 2000 people. Most don't leave here. I grew up never even thinking about college. Thought I'd be a blue collar worker, making less than $35k USD like everyone else here. Somehow, my eyes opened at the end of high school. I applied to 1 college and got in. I got educated, graduated last year and finally am free. How?

I almost bought $50 of Bitcoin in summer of 2010 I believe (possibly 2011). I was 11 years old. I was reading about it and had a $50 gift card from my birthday. I downloaded the wallet and tried figuring it out, but got scared my mom would be mad and I didn't. If only...

I never forgot about Bitcoin after. I knew it was a movement I wanted to be a part of, but the environment I grew up in didn't let me bloom and I wasn't given the opportunity to focus. If a flower doesn't bloom, do you blame the flower? No, you just put the flower in a better environment.

After properly realizing my potential and learning what I loved to do, I started getting involved with BTC again in 2017 at 19 years old (only lost money though Smiley ). I was trying to get miners to mine it, trading it etc. I started to finally learn what the freedom of Bitcoin actually was. It wasn't about an anonymous currency, it was about moving the finances of the world back around and out of the controlled top. It was about people like me having a chance instead of slaving away.

I've stayed involved in the community since, and after graduating last year, I was able to get in a trading company. I'm helping them turn their bots into licensable products, so we can expand these kinds of services to big account heads of old money. An easy transition into the crypto universe for those kinds.

I'm also involved in other projects, mainly in DeFi. Hope you're around now to see the impact of this. It's giving the world even more freedom.

Just wanted to say thanks for helping create Bitcoin without greed. If it wasn't for you doing it, little me from a tiny town in the hills wouldn't have bloomed.

Now, my goal is to help others bloom too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
June 30, 2021, 05:27:03 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2021, 05:47:42 PM by Ucy

I actually like your post, but i hope you don't concern yourself too much about whether a particular feature like Anonimity is important or not. You probably can choose to have your real name on the network rather than addresses.
I believe Satoshi also created that for users who could possibly be in hostile Environments or Nations.

Don't allow the world make you think being Anonymous is bad thing... It's simply about keeping your real identity hidden/private in trusless and public network esp for security reasons. We are talking about avoiding having your real name getting linked to your private assets/currency so dangerous people for example don't track and harm you for them. I don't really like the idea of using fake names (or other people's names) in place of your real name either.     It's a unique model people who understand decentralized crypto shouldn't be offended by.

Wish you all the best.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 257

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 30, 2021, 07:08:40 PM

Even if he allowed newbies to send PM to him, its just a waste of time for you because he was last active in this forum a decade ago and you need to know that each and every members of bitcointalk can decide whether they are willing to allow newbies to send PMs to them or not. Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Chato1977

Activity: 1148
Merit: 58

View Profile
July 01, 2021, 01:00:34 AM

Instead of PMming Satoshi's account why not just address him here in forum like this thread you created because the account was locked and no one knows if that will still come to online or be locked forever.

and besides Satoshi won't help you in everything but this forum will.
creasedbrain (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2021, 05:41:18 AM

I actually like your post, but i hope you don't concern yourself too much about whether a particular feature like Anonimity is important or not. You probably can choose to have your real name on the network rather than addresses.
I believe Satoshi also created that for users who could possibly be in hostile Environments or Nations.

Don't allow the world make you think being Anonymous is bad thing... It's simply about keeping your real identity hidden/private in trusless and public network esp for security reasons. We are talking about avoiding having your real name getting linked to your private assets/currency so dangerous people for example don't track and harm you for them. I don't really like the idea of using fake names (or other people's names) in place of your real name either.     It's a unique model people who understand decentralized crypto shouldn't be offended by.

Wish you all the best.

I should have been more specific. It seems to me that a lot of people initially start working with Bitcoin because they think it is some great anonymous way of sending money outside the governments power, and that this is the only freedom it offers, but it's so much more  Smiley

Personally I'm all for anonymity. I'm big on putting peoples power over their data back into their hands, and I think anonymity of their online transactions goes hand in hand with that ideology.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 01, 2021, 06:35:34 AM

Great read. By the way, congratulations with your graduation.

All of us wanted to thank satoshi for what he did, it's already known by everyone that each and everyone of us want to give him special thanks as he did a great job making bitcoin.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
July 01, 2021, 09:11:07 AM

Wish you all the best.

I should have been more specific. It seems to me that a lot of people initially start working with Bitcoin because they think it is some great anonymous way of sending money outside the governments power, and that this is the only freedom it offers, but it's so much more  Smiley

Personally I'm all for anonymity. I'm big on putting peoples power over their data back into their hands, and I think anonymity of their online transactions goes hand in hand with that ideology.

Of course.
I actually believe it's important to highlight the most important ideals/principles to interested users so they could even become curious and ask questions about them in the community.
In regards to your point on Anonimity, sometimes, i feel it's better to get them understand why Bitcoin should be used anonymously on public and trustless network.. I bet alot have wrong impression of Anonimity in their minds whenever the word is mentioned due to what they learn from the world about what Anonimity entails.  We need to keep letting them understand Anonimity has many good uses ,and can be used for evil especially in places where evil thrives. They need to implement Safe Anonimity in such places rather than discarding it. I am very much aware what the real enemy can do to people when they have no way to hide themselves from dangers/evil
bitterguy28

Activity: 2002
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2021, 10:11:24 AM

Nice post and story i admire your dedication mate.

Sad that satoshi is not here anymore to read your messages.

Happy to see that you already graduated mate, Congrats.

KingsDen
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1024

Hello Leo! You can still win.

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2021, 06:29:52 AM

Nice composition.  Congratulations for graduation. About your post, I think the body of your post is not in agreement with the subject of your post. The topic said a different thing from the body of the post, consider changing topic.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
July 06, 2021, 06:41:56 AM

Hello,

I'm from a small town. Less than 2000 people. Most don't leave here. I grew up never even thinking about college. Thought I'd be a blue collar worker, making less than $35k USD like everyone else here. Somehow, my eyes opened at the end of high school. I applied to 1 college and got in. I got educated, graduated last year and finally am free. How?
First Congratulations and you made it graduated.

I almost bought $50 of Bitcoin in summer of 2010 I believe (possibly 2011). I was 11 years old. I was reading about it and had a $50 gift card from my birthday. I downloaded the wallet and tried figuring it out, but got scared my mom would be mad and I didn't. If only...
Damn , that's one thing that you will always regret , You must be a millionaire by now if you does.

Now, my goal is to help others bloom too.
Thanks for this legacy mate and i hope you will stay that way.

But wait, Why it seems that you are not visiting this forum after posting this?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀