Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:01:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinPool.com open thread  (Read 29782 times)
keybaud

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 10:30:43 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2011, 11:03:53 AM by keybaud

It is difficult to believe that anyone would do business with this pool.  All you have to do is review a couple of their posts to see how juvenile and unprofessional they are.  Avoid!

Wow, whereas if you speak to the people in the pool you'll find that they are more than happy with the time and effort Geebus and Fairuser put in to make the pool a success. What's funny it that I've noticed hostility in this forum from the day they started, it's almost like certain people are opposed to a 0% fee pool.

A for Xenon's post, a discussion is just that, a discussion, and that's all Fairuser and Geebus can be accused of so far. Are you going to berate the attacks or spend more effort berating the person being attacked who has asked his users what they think he should do next? If you ask me, your post is  biased against the person being attacked, even though you've made a vain effort to appear neutral to anyone reading it. Does this mean that you secretly condone other people attacking pools that you don't personally like?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
geebus

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2011, 11:22:29 AM

The only people who seem to dislike, distrust, or belittle our pool are those who haven't tried it themselves.

Feel like donating to me? BTC Address: 14eUVSgBSzLpHXGAfbN9BojXTWvTb91SHJ
cdhowie

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2011, 03:30:07 PM

The only people who seem to dislike, distrust, or belittle our pool are those who haven't tried it themselves.
This is about the most laughable post I've read on this forum so far.  And I've read some of bobR's stuff...

Tips are always welcome and can be sent to 1CZ8QgBWZSV3nLLqRk2BD3B4qDbpWAEDCZ

Thanks to ye, we have the final piece.

PGP key fingerprint: 2B7A B280 8B12 21CC 260A  DF65 6FCE 505A CF83 38F5

SerajewelKS @ #bitcoin-otc
geebus

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2011, 03:37:24 PM

This is about the most laughable post I've read on this forum so far.  And I've read some of bobR's stuff...

Upset because we banned you for being inefficient?

It's a rule. You broke it.

We don't ask much, we don't expect much. Shit, God had 10 commandments...  Wink

cdhowie

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2011, 03:47:27 PM

What?  I left the pool voluntarily; my account was in good standing with over 90% efficiency.  If anything, it got banned for inactivity.  It might be a good idea to get your facts straight.

Tyran

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2011, 03:54:23 PM

I haven't been able to reach www.bitcoinpool.com for over a month. I didn't even know it still existed, but I just tried with a proxy and it works fine, so it looks like your site is randomly ip banning people.
geebus

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2011, 04:06:13 PM

What?  I left the pool voluntarily; my account was in good standing with over 90% efficiency.  If anything, it got banned for inactivity.  It might be a good idea to get your facts straight.

Our logs show otherwise, but either way, the last time you even participated in the pool was over a month ago and a considerable amount has changed since then.

geebus

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2011, 04:12:07 PM

I haven't been able to reach www.bitcoinpool.com for over a month. I didn't even know it still existed, but I just tried with a proxy and it works fine, so it looks like your site is randomly ip banning people.

We banned a large number of IPs that were attempting various attacks against the pool.

cdhowie

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2011, 04:15:11 PM

Our logs show otherwise, but either way, the last time you even participated in the pool was over a month ago and a considerable amount has changed since then.
This statement underlines the reason I decided to stop doing business with you.  There are a limited number of possibilities here.  You are either: lying, unable to tell what is true (logically incompetent), or, based on the incorrect logs, unable to write solid code (technically incompetent).  I'm sorry, but I do not trust my money with someone possessing any of these qualities.

slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2011, 02:10:47 AM

Quote from: fairuser
We openly invited Slush to prove that Pool Hopping makes more bitcoins, and set some basic criteria for him to follow so that everyone could follow along and see if pool hopping really worked. He said it did, I said it didn't and asked him to prove it. He never openly excepted our challenge...

I'm too much busy to care about your pool, my friend. I never tried anything with your pool. No hoping, no DDoS, no breaking passwords. I'm really interested in your evidence, because you're talking bullshits. I totally don't understand why you hate me so much.

One being slush and friends

Oh my god, why? I don't care about you at all.

So at this point I'm going to say that slush fucking knows that pool hopping doesn't make you more bitcoins, but hacking does apparently.

My god, how is this related to DDoS, password breaking and all other shits? I wrote you that *if* I'll try pool hoping, I'll do it in open way, as real proof, not because I want to earn bitcoins.

Please, ignore me, right? And please stop saying that I'm an attacker without any evidence. Btw I was (probably) attacked during this weekend, too. There is somebody trying to shut down some important bitcoin services (like mtgox and, ehm, me). Why are you so sure that *I* am the attacker?

geebus

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2011, 04:29:12 AM

This statement underlines the reason I decided to stop doing business with you.  There are a limited number of possibilities here.  You are either: lying, unable to tell what is true (logically incompetent), or, based on the incorrect logs, unable to write solid code (technically incompetent).  I'm sorry, but I do not trust my money with someone possessing any of these qualities.

It's possible that you left around the same time that we starting logging each ban independently based on reason and your ban was mis-categorized. I didn't say you were wrong, I said our logs showed otherwise, stating, in hand, that upon inspecting your account history and our logs, it showed that you were banned for low efficiency. A lot of those logs were recategorized by hand when we first implemented the system. It says nothing about the rest of the pool functionality or code, nothing about my ability to be logically competent, and doesn't say that I'm lying either.

It only says that my logs differ from your stated comment. However, if you choose to read that far into it, I can into you saying that by choosing to leave a pool that has no fees, consistently improves and implements new features, and grows on a daily basis in favor of any of the other options that were available a month ago, you're displaying that you personally are not capable of doing basic math in regard to net gains, as is the case with the better portion of the bitcoin community, as they left one pool that charges excess fees for another that charges even more.   

dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 06:50:25 AM

My account was compromised & it was never mentioned to me.
I daily checking bitcoinpool.com & it displayed compromised account & my account never listed, so done nothing.
I mined yesterday & got 2 transactions in my email showing that

Amount: 0.2062528 & Amount: 0.07712649
Recipient: dishwara [1DML7p6LJG3QKo169Zga2iCP9Yn4Qvxdyg]
transfered. I keep on checking bitcoin client , nothing is happening, checked in block explorer coins transferred, then checked my address book, that address was not my address at all.
the FUCKING BASTARD, hacked my account & changed my bitcoin address, so that i lost 0.277 coins with out changing the password.

GEEBUS & FAIRUSER ALERT ALL YOUR MEMBERS TO CHECK THEIR BITCOIN ADDRESS IN THEIR ACCOUNT IS SAME AS THEY GIVEN & ALSO ASK TO CHANGE PASSWORD IMMEDIATELY.
Also, always the password typed in your sites goes unencrypted which makes any one to hack account.
SaferChrome Extension for chrome always shows in RED, password box meaning, it is not safe.

To the BASTARD who own this address 1DML7p6LJG3QKo169Zga2iCP9Yn4Qvxdyg, I am 100% sure & also this world knows now that, your mom & your daughter sucked & fucked me for that bitcoins, enjoy u PIMP.

geebus

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2011, 09:20:51 AM

My account was compromised & it was never mentioned to me.
I daily checking bitcoinpool.com & it displayed compromised account & my account never listed, so done nothing.
I mined yesterday & got 2 transactions in my email showing that

Amount: 0.2062528 & Amount: 0.07712649
Recipient: dishwara [1DML7p6LJG3QKo169Zga2iCP9Yn4Qvxdyg]
transfered. I keep on checking bitcoin client , nothing is happening, checked in block explorer coins transferred, then checked my address book, that address was not my address at all.
the FUCKING BASTARD, hacked my account & changed my bitcoin address, so that i lost 0.277 coins with out changing the password.

GEEBUS & FAIRUSER ALERT ALL YOUR MEMBERS TO CHECK THEIR BITCOIN ADDRESS IN THEIR ACCOUNT IS SAME AS THEY GIVEN & ALSO ASK TO CHANGE PASSWORD IMMEDIATELY.
Also, always the password typed in your sites goes unencrypted which makes any one to hack account.
SaferChrome Extension for chrome always shows in RED, password box meaning, it is not safe.

To the BASTARD who own this address 1DML7p6LJG3QKo169Zga2iCP9Yn4Qvxdyg, I am 100% sure & also this world knows now that, your mom & your daughter sucked & fucked me for that bitcoins, enjoy u PIMP.

We posted numerous times to all of our users when the original attack happened on April 15th to change their passwords. If you didn't do it because your name wasn't on a list, thats your own fault.

dishwara
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 09:28:04 AM

Its not my fault, i am not asking you to pay me.
You seems not understanding still.
They didn't change password, they changed ADDRESS.
Since Bitcoin address is not a number very very very very easy to remember, it is very hard to find whether it is changed or not.
The hacker hacked members account & changed the address, so that he gets bitcoins, not members.
This is not about password only, its about ADDRESS also & address is very very very very important than password here in bitcoin world.

The email i received from you only tells to change password, not saying anything about address checking, verifying & confirming.
keybaud

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 12:39:26 PM

Since Bitcoin address is not a number very very very very easy to remember, it is very hard to find whether it is changed or not.
The hacker hacked members account & changed the address, so that he gets bitcoins, not members.
This is not about password only, its about ADDRESS also & address is very very very very important than password here in bitcoin world.

The email i received from you only tells to change password, not saying anything about address checking, verifying & confirming.

People were told to check their wallet IDs and the pool owners halted all payments for a couple of days to allow compromised accounts to check their payment address, thus preventing payment to any changed accounts. 5th post quoted from bitcoinpool forum thread that was linked in large red text on the front page:

Quote from: FairUser
The same ###### #####(s) tried to brute force into accounts again last night.
I just blocked the entire /16 netblock for their entire ISP.

CHECK YOUR WALLET ID'S RIGHT NOW!!!!
IF YOUR PASSWORD IS THE SAME AS YOUR USERNAME, THEN YOU NEED TO CHANGE IT NOW.

The pool owners have worked very hard to try and ensure that they and all pool users update and secure their accounts after the initial attack.
nster

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 04:11:11 PM

People were told to check their wallet IDs and the pool owners halted all payments for a couple of days to allow compromised accounts to check their payment address, thus preventing payment to any changed accounts. 5th post quoted from bitcoinpool forum thread that was linked in large red text on the front page:

Quote from: FairUser
The same ###### #####(s) tried to brute force into accounts again last night.
I just blocked the entire /16 netblock for their entire ISP.

CHECK YOUR WALLET ID'S RIGHT NOW!!!!
IF YOUR PASSWORD IS THE SAME AS YOUR USERNAME, THEN YOU NEED TO CHANGE IT NOW.

The pool owners have worked very hard to try and ensure that they and all pool users update and secure their accounts after the initial attack.

While I don't trust bitcoinpool operators at all, this is true, they did say to check wallet addresses

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
cdhowie

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2011, 04:32:32 PM

It's possible that you left around the same time that we starting logging each ban independently based on reason and your ban was mis-categorized. I didn't say you were wrong, I said our logs showed otherwise, stating, in hand, that upon inspecting your account history and our logs, it showed that you were banned for low efficiency. A lot of those logs were recategorized by hand when we first implemented the system.
Fair enough.  The logs are simply wrong.  However, let me return to the point I was trying to make (and that you seem to only be helping me make):

This is a demonstrably false wide-sweeping statement.  I am one counter-example; there are likely others.  It's best to avoid making categorical statements of the form "All S are P" unless you can prove it.

A rush to judgement, using data generated from code that you have since admitted you knew to be buggy.

Now, to return to your latest reply:

It says nothing about the rest of the pool functionality or code, nothing about my ability to be logically competent, and doesn't say that I'm lying either.
You're right there.  But this combined with the SQL injection vulnerability that was already exploited only furthers my case for avoiding your pool.  Where there's smoke...

However, if you choose to read that far into it, I can into you saying that by choosing to leave a pool that has no fees, consistently improves and implements new features, and grows on a daily basis in favor of any of the other options that were available a month ago, you're displaying that you personally are not capable of doing basic math in regard to net gains, as is the case with the better portion of the bitcoin community, as they left one pool that charges excess fees for another that charges even more.
The pool I'm in takes a flat fee of 0.02592 BTC from the entire pool per 30 days, which is less than 0.01 BTC when you consider that it is divided among all workers.  Again, you rush to judgement without getting your facts straight.  I don't think I can make my point any better than you already have.

bobR

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 04:39:00 PM

Seeing everyone was aware of the "breakin / hacking"
Just who is to blame for not checking your account's accuracy?
How are The pool operators supposed to know what your bit coin address should be ??

I think even if they didn't say to you would change your password and make sure the coins were going to your account knowing that someone else's accounts had been compromised.

dishwara
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2011, 05:34:50 AM

Seems, victim is to get punishment.
dishrag cleans mess created by others & it doesn't create mess.
I apologizes to the bitcoinpool.com & their members that it is/was my fault for not checking out my account with correct password & wallet id.
Instead of checking my account & securing myself i made an accusation that made many members time, money wasted & also created unnecessary problems.

I deeply from my heart apologize to all the members for creating a mess, instead of solving it myself.
Sorry.
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2011, 11:58:31 PM

I've been using this pool for a day and just received my first payout.  So I thought I'd post my experience.

1) So far the payout seems to be in line with my expectations.

2) Uptime isn't perfect, but it's good enough.  No complaints considering all the DDOSsing going around.

3) I don't really get the controversy over the efficiency issue.  This is an entirely reasonable thing for a pool to encourage.

4) I am concerned about the pool hopping issue.  But the proposed solution seems reasonable and effective.

5) The website isn't great.  It's impossible to navigate.  Why are the stats on the front page?  It took me almost a day to figure out what the statistics meant.  Estimated payouts are wildly inaccurate.  Since I joined at the end of a block, for the first few hours I was convinced I had hit some kind of Bitcoin jackpot.  Alas, that was not the case.

6) Not encrypting passwords is dumb and will likely end up being a dealbreaker for my continued use.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: