Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:47:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinPool.com open thread  (Read 29767 times)
bobR

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 07:57:13 PM

MY point is Yes there are shares to be had in mining the whole getwork
but most are before 50% and certainly before the last 25% of the getwork
mining every possibility in every getwork doesn't seem to give the most
22 is not a statistically significant sample size in this context.  Observing my miner for about a week, the valid shares found in each getwork seem pretty uniformly distributed through the nonce-space to me.

That's not so say I haven't had a bad hour or two where I run a bunch of empty getworks.  The way the numbers work, you should average almost exactly one share per getwork that is completely searched.  In other words, your efficiency should be close to 100% on average.  I have some days where I'm consistently around 60% and others I'll be at 150%.

And discounting a small sample
makes it invalid Huh
it shows that mining every last part of every get work is useless
if you have a fast cruncher you never see the fallout ... wasted time

cdhowie  you are new and seem to be a troll

last week don't mean Huh to this week
last week was good this week Huh so what
you missed the point
its all LUCK period

how can you base an efficiency on luck
such an efficiency means NOTHING

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mongol

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 08:02:31 PM

Hi miners  Wink

I have a question.
How do I know if I have found the block?

For now, couple days, Im mining solo, but Im thinking about pool.
cdhowie

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2011, 08:10:28 PM

And discounting a small sample
makes it invalid Huh
I did not say invalid, I said statistically insignificant.  You are drawing huge conclusions from a very, very tiny set of sample data.  If I flip an evenly-weighted coin and it comes up heads 20 times out of 25, that doesn't mean that the probability for heads to come up on every flip is 4/5.  It means I got lucky.  (Or unlucky, depending on whether heads is a good thing or not.)  As the number of coin flips approaches infinity, the ratio of flips that resulted in heads to total flips will approach 1/2.  The same principle is at play here.

you missed the point
its all LUCK period
Yup, exactly.

Tips are always welcome and can be sent to 1CZ8QgBWZSV3nLLqRk2BD3B4qDbpWAEDCZ

Thanks to ye, we have the final piece.

PGP key fingerprint: 2B7A B280 8B12 21CC 260A  DF65 6FCE 505A CF83 38F5

SerajewelKS @ #bitcoin-otc
cdhowie

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2011, 08:11:41 PM

I have a question.

If you are mining solo, you'll know when you have 50 BTC in your wallet out of nowhere.  Smiley

If you are mining in a pool, that information may be tracked.  It is on bitcoinpool and slush's pool; others probably show this data somewhere too.

nster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 08:12:12 PM

Hi miners  Wink

I have a question.

it will show you in bitcoin client... How many Mh/s do you have? if you are under 2000 Mh/s, it is usually wise to stay in a pool

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
Mongol

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 08:26:40 PM

Hi miners  Wink

I have a question.

it will show you in bitcoin client... How many Mh/s do you have? if you are under 2000 Mh/s, it is usually wise to stay in a pool
Oh, usually I have 165Mhp/s  Huh
nster

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 08:38:08 PM

go pool then LOL

167q1CHgVjzLCwQwQvJ3tRMUCrjfqvSznd Donations are welcome Smiley Please be kind if I helped
Mongol

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 09:11:59 PM

go pool then LOL
Thank you, probably I will go Smiley
Mongol

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 09:59:52 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2011, 12:03:25 AM by Mongol

AMD 5xxx and up
use '-v -w 128' for better performances

This should be "-v -w 128" or "-v -w128" without quote of course?

Also, can enybady tell me what is this?

http://gyazo.com/03045c43c8d83c357515fbff57d555fa.png
cdhowie

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 12:05:33 AM

Also, can enybady tell me what is this?

The number of confirmations of a transaction is exactly how many blocks deep it is in the block chain, with 1 being the current block, 2 being the current block's parent, etc.  The higher the number, the deeper the transaction is embedded in the network's collective history.  A transaction with six confirmations is considered fully confirmed.

The number of connections is simply the number of other Bitcoin nodes you are connected to.  You receive blocks from them, send blocks to them (if you successfully generate one), and send/receive transactions to/from them.

xenon481

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 01:06:25 PM

Any one notice
no payout since the last totally 120 confirms

Apparently, FairUser and Geebus temporarily stopped all payouts because the hacker was changing users' payment addresses.

Tips Appreciated: 171TQ2wJg7bxj2q68VNibU75YZB22b7ZDr
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 04:40:11 PM

hacker was changing users' payment addresses.

Any detailed info about what happen? SQL injection, XSS, social engineering or what?

xenon481

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 05:51:27 PM

Any detailed info about what happen? SQL injection, XSS, social engineering or what?

Posted by Geebus on their forum:

Quote from: Geebus
We originally stored everything in plaintext for compatibility with some miners. This was also prior to us adding any account modification tools to the site.

We're working on corrections to the system now to be more secure, and we've since closed the holes that the attacker was using to exploit (essentially hex encoded SQL statements that were overflowing and dumping table data).

We've also tracked the attacker to the russian federation/czech republic.

Our worry was that your wallet ID may have been changed via injection, and that the attacker may have seen your password, which would allow them to log into the account at a later time to change it [your wallet id] by hand.

Tips Appreciated: 171TQ2wJg7bxj2q68VNibU75YZB22b7ZDr
dbitcoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 06:16:16 PM

Posted by Geebus on their forum:

Quote from: Geebus
We originally stored everything in plaintext for compatibility with some miners. This was also prior to us adding any account modification tools to the site.

We're working on corrections to the system now to be more secure, and we've since closed the holes that the attacker was using to exploit (essentially hex encoded SQL statements that were overflowing and dumping table data).

Our worry was that your wallet ID may have been changed via injection, and that the attacker may have seen your password, which would allow them to log into the account at a later time to change it [your wallet id] by hand.

1) russian federation/czech republic (you know Europe is one big country Smiley , and why not China ?
2) We originally stored everything in plaintext
3) essentially hex encoded SQL statements  

Lips sealed

BTCDig - mining pool (Stratum, VarDiff, DGM, SSL, JSON API)
slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 07:18:09 PM

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

No, I'm not the attacker (I'm from CZ) and believe that Tycho (Russia) isn't, too.

nster

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 07:21:19 PM

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

No, I'm not the attacker (I'm from CZ) and believe that Tycho (Russia) isn't, too.

hmmm joint effort from tycho and slush to eliminate the no fee competition?  Cheesy

it is quite a coincidence though  Tongue

slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 07:30:12 PM

I don't want to evolve any kind of conspiration theory, but saying "attacker was from Czech Republic or Russia" has similar weight as "attacker was from USA or Chile, because I know two guys from those countries who may be interested in hurting my little baby". IP ranges, provider companies, language or whatever is completely different in CZ and Russia. Czech Rep was former Soviet union, but it is more than 20 years ago. I'm quite interested in evidence that attacker was from CZ _or_ Russia.

But not too much to register on bitcoinpool forum and ask there (pardon - troll there).

nster

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 07:50:50 PM

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

hmmm joint effort from tycho and slush to eliminate the no fee competition?  Cheesy

it is quite a coincidence though  Tongue

from nster the troll
go figure

I should make a poll.... who is the troll, BobR or nster.... guess what the answer will be  Wink

HINT: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4540.0 in case your are a, in their words, "dumb ass"

I don't want to evolve any kind of conspiration theory, but saying "attacker was from Czech Republic or Russia" has similar weight as "attacker was from USA or Chile, because I know two guys from those countries who may be interested in hurting my little baby". IP ranges, provider companies, language or whatever is completely different in CZ and Russia. Czech Rep was former Soviet union, but it is more than 20 years ago. I'm quite interested in evidence that attacker was from CZ _or_ Russia.

But not too much to register on bitcoinpool forum and ask there (pardon - troll there).

you make quite the argument

nster

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 07:59:24 PM

http://www.bitcoinpool.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5

Some people aren't getting paid in certain blocks? I'm definitively stopping mining there! First "malicious attacks" against them and now they don't pay on certain blocks? too fishy for me

bobR

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 08:00:13 PM

Yep  your a BIG JOKE

Have a nice day with your trolling

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

hmmm joint effort from tycho and slush to eliminate the no fee competition?  Cheesy

from nster the troll
go figure

I should make a poll.... who is the troll, BobR or nster.... guess what the answer will be  Wink

HINT: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4540.0 in case your are a, in their words, "dumb ass"

you make quite the argument
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: