Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:10:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Telegram scammers wasting time and piss off  (Read 108 times)
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3901

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2021, 02:29:12 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2023, 04:14:34 PM by Royse777

TG account: @Techyge
Obviously he will change the username anytime soon.

However this is his address TRC20 address where he took $30 advance: TRYYgZuz6216gi7QSQjRNdFR5wjKMsdBVd
Tx ID: https://tronscan.org/#/transaction/eed2760c441fcbec222e8e5fcbcb1f62d2bbfba3b479f78fafb428ceda0cb274

It looks like the address is from an exchange.

A scammer just scmmed my client $30. Took half payment, did not deliver the job but wanted the other half. Now he is gone! Cleaned up all message that was between him and me.

Group chat, obviously he left the gorup.

There are good guys but there are this bad guys too.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 05:07:23 PM

Sad.
If they don't have an account with bitcointalk forum, I guess it's better not to employ them with upfront payment at all. Telegram is the said heaven for the scammers. A few weeks ago, I was inactive here due to setting up my new business. The scammer tried to take the chance by impersonating me.
How do you know that the address is from an exchange? I have tied to look whether it is or not but I couldn't find any info there.

The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2021, 05:38:07 PM

Although the amount isn't big, but this is sad. As I can see you were in this group chat. If so, then you know Telegram is a safe haven for scammers, you should escrow the funds if you aren't sure that guy is a scammer or not. Since the funds transfer through USDT, so the transaction fee shouldn't matter. For me, I do not take such as risk if I am in any such situation. I always escrow the fund to save my clients. Doesn't matter if they are in the forum or off-forum. It's not only hard but also quite impossible to trust anyone in Telegram. However, hope you have learned from that, just handle the fund yourself if you feel there is a risk for your clients.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
AB de Royse777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3901

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2021, 05:40:48 PM

How do you know that the address is from an exchange? I have tied to look whether it is or not but I couldn't find any info there.
If you check the transactions to the address then you will see for an inbound tx there is an outbound tx almost immidiatly. This determins this is an address for any online service and I am gussing this is an address from an exchange.

It was a very urgent job besides he even was on my Telegram list from long ago. I warned the employer not to pay him anything upfront but since it was just $30 and the urgency was what mattered, the employer took the risk.

At the end we wasted time with him. Good thing that a forum member completed the job and he did excellent work.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 10:03:10 AM

Although the amount isn't big, but this is sad. As I can see you were in this group chat. If so, then you know Telegram is a safe haven for scammers, you should escrow the funds if you aren't sure that guy is a scammer or not. Since the funds transfer through USDT, so the transaction fee shouldn't matter. For me, I do not take such as risk if I am in any such situation. I always escrow the fund to save my clients. Doesn't matter if they are in the forum or off-forum. It's not only hard but also quite impossible to trust anyone in Telegram. However, hope you have learned from that, just handle the fund yourself if you feel there is a risk for your clients.
The problem is that if you ask for escrow, these people won't accept that condition and most of them are pretty manipulative and try other ways to make you budge and bite into the scam. I don't trust Telegram, my friends in our group chat keeps sharing this stupid and obvious scams.

doomloop

Activity: 2296
Merit: 581

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 02:42:50 PM

If you check the transactions to the address then you will see for an inbound tx there is an outbound tx almost immidiatly. This determins this is an address for any online service and I am gussing this is an address from an exchange.
It might be from a gambling site as well, I meet a lot of scammers on telegram daily and most of them are desperate gamblers.

It was a very urgent job besides he even was on my Telegram list from long ago. I warned the employer not to pay him anything upfront but since it was just $30 and the urgency was what mattered, the employer took the risk.
It's really unfortunate that the guy was on your list for a long time yet he scammed, a good thing he couldn't run away with more than 30 bucks.

At the end we wasted time with him. Good thing that a forum member completed the job and he did excellent work.
At least you got the task completed, nice.

I believe anyone who doesn't agree with escrow or doesn't trust you despite you having such a clean record and trusted profile, is either not serious/scammer or just part of the forum at all.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: