Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:45:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cooling solution needed  (Read 116 times)
7deadlyBTCIN (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 06, 2021, 07:01:35 AM

I have a rig with 7x GTX1660 and I have only a window in my room  I'm simply looking for a solution to vacuum the heat out through the window but I don't know how, any suggestions? Whenever the sun is up it sets on my room and the heat increases, I have no other location to move the rig to and there is enough space between the GPUs
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
July 06, 2021, 09:48:11 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2021, 10:12:30 AM by sxemini

I have a rig with 7x GTX1660 and I have only a window in my room  I'm simply looking for a solution to vacuum the heat out through the window but I don't know how, any suggestions? Whenever the sun is up it sets on my room and the heat increases, I have no other location to move the rig to and there is enough space between the GPUs

Let one or two big fans blowing the warm air out of the window.  Huh
I cool my room on this way. Room 5mx10m and 12 open rigs with around 80 cards.

Blowing the warm air out of the mining room is the most important think to cool rigs. Nothing more is needed, no pipes, no air conditioner or other strange things  Cheesy
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
July 06, 2021, 09:50:33 AM

You can use one of thise closed cases:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fytsIM4h-5w

you will need attach pipes to out vents so they will suck air from room and hot air to outside.
VasilyS

Activity: 618
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2021, 10:20:55 AM

You have to establish forced ventilation at the rate of 300 cubic meters of exhaust air for each kilowatt of mining rig power. Some thoughts about it is in article here: https://www.cryptoprofi.info/?p=9634. Also you have to take into account that each square meter of a south-facing window brings in about an additional 1 kilowatt of heat in the afternoon. Therefore, I turn off some of the rigs in the afternoon before dusk.

❱  CRYPTOPROFI  ❱
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
July 06, 2021, 10:32:03 AM

You can use one of thise closed cases:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fytsIM4h-5w

you will need attach pipes to out vents so they will suck air from room and hot air to outside.

Those server style cases use high static pressure case fans that are as loud as ASIC's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mVg3XZ34EE&t=234s

For a 7 GPU farm, a box fan placed on high blowing out a window may be enough to vent the hot air from the room. A vent fan blowing out through an attic or directly out a window is more effective, but also louder. Ideally you want a fan with a high enough CFM rating to vent the room in about a minute.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1042

View Profile
July 08, 2021, 09:40:49 PM

The cheapest way is to cover the window with reflective material so that the sun's rays do not heat the room.
Place the mining farm close to the window and keep the window open. It is important that nothing gets onto the farm during rain or wind.

If you are in a room, ventilation will not help, you will be hot. An air conditioner is needed, a split system is better.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1711

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 03:51:13 AM

Let me guess you trying and mine at a university dorm? Seems strange why you can't just put it in a different room so you can sleep in peace.

Either way. You need to get a bunch of box fans, put a fan infront of your rig, put another fan behind the rig and put it right by the window. Get another fan to intake fresh air thru a different part of the room, such as another window. And you can also get a fan mounted at the top of the room (which has the hottest air) and exhaust that out also.

The GPUs will be fine with this setup, however you will not. Hope you don;t sleep in this room. Especially in the Summer.
WanderingPhilospher

Activity: 1064
Merit: 219

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 04:19:22 AM

I have a rig with 7x GTX1660 and I have only a window in my room  I'm simply looking for a solution to vacuum the heat out through the window but I don't know how, any suggestions? Whenever the sun is up it sets on my room and the heat increases, I have no other location to move the rig to and there is enough space between the GPUs
All you need is something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000065DKJ/ref=emc_b_5_t

I have 2 of my rigs set up similar to what you are describing, and I have the rigs stacked below the window and one of these style window fans, but both of fans either intake air or outake air. I leave mine on outake.  The one I have is quiet and the room stays cool.

You can also put a box fan, on low, in front of the rigs to help push the hot air away from gpus and towards the window. You can also leave the door cracked to draw across cooler air from the rest of house, unless you are in a dorm and it would leave your rig unsecure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: