Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:55:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chia Coin Mining become unprofitable - the coin has fallen in price by 3 times  (Read 2325 times)
Apytioh

Activity: 404
Merit: 421

Blockchain Enthusiast, Chia farmer, NFT Collector

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2021, 12:01:24 PM

Hi everybody!
I'm from Russian Bitcointalk and I want to listen what English language crypto community thinking about XCH.
Right now in Kazakhstan im starting building the biggest XCH farming center.
We are going to create more than 50k plotts in the begging of this project.
I know that XCH price right now is too low, but I was waiting to this lows to start it and Im ready for 50-100USD price for Chia.
We are ready to farm for 3 years without any Chia cash outs, I think we need to wait the first halving and then we will see.
Also we are going to farm Chia forks.
What do you think about it? Am I crazy? Smiley

Apytioh Crypto Collector
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 04:23:29 PM

Hi everybody!
I'm from Russian Bitcointalk and I want to listen what English language crypto community thinking about XCH.
I know that XCH price right now is too low, but I was waiting to this lows to start it and Im ready for 50-100USD price for Chia.
We are ready to farm for 3 years without any Chia cash outs, I think we need to wait the first halving and then we will see.

Yes...much easier to just spend same money by buying XCH if you believe in project that much
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
October 11, 2021, 12:58:24 PM

Hi everybody!

Yes crazy because myself here saw people selling hdd in big amount.1st i wanted buy it then before buying im calculated: 34TB he was selling for 600$. Chia calc showing for 34TB is 1.25$ per day if diff stays like this. so i need 480days to ROI or it says 8month to find block if you lucky. in other hand i can buy chia coin for 160$. So for 600$ i can buy 4XCH which is more smart choice.instead spending all headache with hdd just buy coin and hodl if you believe this project will be good.
qigong13

Activity: 161
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 12, 2021, 06:38:07 PM

Hi everybody!

Yes crazy because myself here saw people selling hdd in big amount.1st i wanted buy it then before buying im calculated: 34TB he was selling for 600$. Chia calc showing for 34TB is 1.25$ per day if diff stays like this. so i need 480days to ROI or it says 8month to find block if you lucky. in other hand i can buy chia coin for 160$. So for 600$ i can buy 4XCH which is more smart choice.instead spending all headache with hdd just buy coin and hodl if you believe this project will be good.
So what is going for Chia coin now? As mining is unprofitable, I'm wondering how anyone still sells it cheap unless they got the coin really easy with no effort or whatever. Are the only miners in the scene is the one who got in the coin in the very early days? Though many Chia miners also start to sell off their HDD mining farm and opt to buy the coin instead if they think its value will go higher in the future.
Apytioh

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2021, 03:19:45 AM

I don't care about Chia price right now, I'm sure that price will gone grow to ATH at least in few months or may be after 1st halving Chia
gona set new price records as Bitcoin. I haven't big costs every month to hols my farm, that's why I'm ready to wait.
But I recognized that new NFT plots can farm a lot of Chia forks like: Flax, HDD coin, Silicon, Mint, Tranzact, Apple, Avocado and etc.
This fact makes Chia farming more profitable, and if you have such space of HDD as me you can farm these forks in solo.

Green Money for Digital World Smiley

Apytioh Crypto Collector
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
October 13, 2021, 04:51:24 AM

I don't care about Chia price right now, I'm sure that price will gone grow to ATH at least in few months or may be after 1st halving Chia
gona set new price records as Bitcoin. I haven't big costs every month to hols my farm, that's why I'm ready to wait.
But I recognized that new NFT plots can farm a lot of Chia forks like: Flax, HDD coin, Silicon, Mint, Tranzact, Apple, Avocado and etc.
This fact makes Chia farming more profitable, and if you have such space of HDD as me you can farm these forks in solo.

Forget it, actually not only chia but everything will only go up in the next cycle which will be around 3 to 5 years from now, so from here hehell even more, if you think chia price is low, wait till the bearrun really starts, expect 99% crash for 80% of altcoins, no altcoins will be safe, go and check all the major crashes we had in 2011, 2014 and 2018 and start learning, there still hope for you trolls.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Apytioh

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2021, 10:00:26 AM

Forget it, actually not only chia but everything will only go up in the next cycle which will be around 3 to 5 years from now, so from here hehell even more, if you think chia price is low, wait till the bearrun really starts, expect 99% crash for 80% of altcoins, no altcoins will be safe, go and check all the major crashes we had in 2011, 2014 and 2018 and start learning, there still hope for you trolls.

I entered to crypto market in 2017, without investments, I made all my money and crypto as a crypto exchanger in Kazakhstan. That is why I don't care about my money as traditional investors.
I know about BTC 4 year cycles but I think that market had changed and cycles changed too.

Apytioh Crypto Collector
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 13, 2021, 12:48:31 PM

I decided to mine the CHIA on video cards.
I sold ethereum and bought a CHIA Smiley
I think that it is very important to calculate on what is more profitable to mine a CHIA. Video cards are more versatile, and can mine a lot of coins, and for mining on hard drives, I know no more than 5 coins.
I understand that there are many more of these coins, but their price is now zero.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
October 14, 2021, 10:59:56 PM

gona set new price records as Bitcoin.
If the price can't grow to ATH right now when the market is still being regarded as "bullish" then forget about it. The period that comes after a bull run is very brutal to altcoins, as you will witness it soon now that you have a particular altcoin to follow.

I saw it first-hand in 2018. I held a number of altcoins I thought would one day go x100, but it never happened. Instead, I saw drops in price of more than 90%

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Apytioh

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2021, 09:45:06 AM

I think that it is very important to calculate on what is more profitable to mine a CHIA. Video cards are more versatile, and can mine a lot of coins, and for mining on hard drives, I know no more than 5 coins.
I understand that there are many more of these coins, but their price is now zero.

Right now I'm creating new not plots for Chia farming, and these plots are able to farm a lot of Chia forks:

Flax, HDD coin, Mint, Silicon and etc
You can check all Chia forks here: https://xchforks.com
Most of them haven't any price, but you can change them to Chia coin and make your farming more profitable.

Apytioh Crypto Collector
Starkick

Activity: 588
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 22, 2021, 09:45:10 AM

Are you serious? I would never have thought that someone would decide to sell a more reliable coin for the sake of a new and supposedly promising one! I think you are mistaken about the prospects and profitability of Chia. There are greener and more promising projects
Sethrey (OP)

Activity: 916
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2021, 10:33:19 AM

Right now I'm creating new not plots for Chia farming, and these plots are able to farm a lot of Chia forks:

Flax, HDD coin, Mint, Silicon and etc
You can check all Chia forks here: https://xchforks.com
Most of them haven't any price, but you can change them to Chia coin and make your farming more profitable.
But chia seems to continue dying, so what is the point in mining zero coins for something that is not worth trying? Didn't you think to switch to any other more promising projects? Now privacy and stablecoins are getting more popular, for example.
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2021, 01:12:20 PM

Are you serious? I would never have thought that someone would decide to sell a more reliable coin for the sake of a new and supposedly promising one! I think you are mistaken about the prospects and profitability of Chia. There are greener and more promising projects
It is better to make a mistake now and lose a few thousand dollars than to regret later that you did not invest in this coin.
If the price of the coin falls, then I will buy more.
I will have to wait a long time, at least until the first halving, but it's even interesting.
Of course, I do not advise beginners to do this, because they need to quickly recoup their investment.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ZeeeN

Activity: 297
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 23, 2021, 09:47:27 PM

It is better to make a mistake now and lose a few thousand dollars than to regret later that you did not invest in this coin.
I will have to wait a long time, at least until the first halving, but it's even interesting.
Of course, I do not advise beginners to do this, because they need to quickly recoup their investment.

how long for first halving coming?

and do you think chives is good coin to mine?
Starkick

Activity: 588
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 27, 2021, 06:00:49 PM

Okay.. The decision is only up to you, but I have to tell you something. While chia can't list the coin anywhere, Utopia p2p listed both of their coins on a new exchange yesterday - Crypton and Utopia USD. I think it's a great step and it will be interesting to see how it will affect the coins.
Sethrey (OP)

Activity: 916
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 29, 2021, 08:47:31 AM

Okay.. The decision is only up to you, but I have to tell you something. While chia can't list the coin anywhere, Utopia p2p listed both of their coins on a new exchange yesterday - Crypton and Utopia USD. I think it's a great step and it will be interesting to see how it will affect the coins.
And I can already tell you the results Smiley In 24 hours after listing Crypton gained 50% to its value https://crp.is/exchange/crp_usdt And even today, it's still green and continues to improve and grow. At least we've seen that movement. I'm sure that now more people will believe in it.
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2021, 01:36:16 PM

I bought a coin on the exchange https://www.hotbit.io/
This exchange does not require a client verification procedure.
I bought this coin for $ 150-160 and will buy more, but I will probably place orders for $ 120-130.
I will have to keep the coin for several years, but the official wallet is not very convenient. It takes a very long time to update.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
October 29, 2021, 02:26:18 PM

Great news, so I could immediately sell my Utopia and Crypton and buy more Chia since I have account on p2pb2b
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 08:58:03 PM

I bought a coin on the exchange https://www.hotbit.io/
This exchange does not require a client verification procedure.
I bought this coin for $ 150-160 and will buy more, but I will probably place orders for $ 120-130.
I will have to keep the coin for several years, but the official wallet is not very convenient. It takes a very long time to update.
I hope you are withdrawing your coins to an external wallet, or you could just create a paper wallet since the official wallet is not yet convenient. Hotbit has lots of complaints in the scam accusations board over failed withdrawals
>> Hotbit exchange is Proven Scam
>> Hotbit kidnaps your coins then ask for ransom if you ever do one tiny mistake
>> Hotbit.io - Withdrawl failed
>> You can lose your fund cheaply with HotBit Exchange. Don't be the next Victim
>> SCAM ALERT HOTBIT
>> hotbit.io is big scam
>> Stay Away from HOTBIT EXCHANGE

Great news, so I could immediately sell my Utopia and Crypton and buy more Chia since I have account on p2pb2b
p2pb2b is proven scam too. Checkout their reputation on the forum. Take care of your funds.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1110

View Profile
November 02, 2021, 12:00:30 PM

gona set new price records as Bitcoin.
If the price can't grow to ATH right now when the market is still being regarded as "bullish" then forget about it. The period that comes after a bull run is very brutal to altcoins, as you will witness it soon now that you have a particular altcoin to follow.

I saw it first-hand in 2018. I held a number of altcoins I thought would one day go x100, but it never happened. Instead, I saw drops in price of more than 90%

With a few exceptions, altcoins are made to die and kill newcomers.

CHIA is no different, only a tiny small amount of alts will survive and propagate in future, those who have a true purpose behind.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: