Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:52:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asymmetric encryption--RSA(A novice explanation)  (Read 134 times)
kxwhalexk (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 173

View Profile
July 08, 2021, 02:06:44 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2021, 01:38:23 AM by kxwhalexk
Merited by Quickseller (5), LoyceV (4), ABCbits (1), jackg (1), nakamura12 (1)

First of all, let’s briefly introduce what asymmetric encryption is composed of.
  • information:Information that needs to be encrypted
  • Public key: an encrypted password that everyone can know
  • Private key: an absolute password that only the party who needs to decrypt knows
  • Encryption algorithm: how these passwords interact with the information that needs to be transmitted
  • Ciphertext:Secret information after the interaction of information and password

A more detailed explanation can be obtained from here
Asymmetric Encryption Vs. Symmetric Encryption!

Below I will explain the working mechanism of RSA

(1) Data sent: Input

(2) Encryption method F1:Inpute/N——Remainder C;

(3) Data transmitted: C

(4) Encryption password: e

(5) Decryption method F2: C d/N——Remainder output

(6) Decryption password: d

(7) Obtain information: output

(Cool The key core: Obviously the most important thing above is how e, d and N come from:
1) Choose two prime numbers (prime numbers), P and Q, P*Q=N
2) y=(P-1)*(Q-1)
3) Choose a number e,   e∈(1,y), e ⊥ y
4) Calculate a number d; d = (y*k+1)/e; where k is any integer,
the purpose is to make d an integer (obviously as long as there is a lot of k,
also You can get a lot of d that meet the conditions, we only need to take one of them!)

The above is the whole content of RSA. In fact, it is relatively uncomplicated and easy to understand.

Almost all of our current banking systems, radio frequency card encryption systems are based on this principle.

The security of RAS lies in how a large enough number can decompose prime factors. As above, even if you crack C, you also know N. However, if you can’t figure out which two numbers (P and Q) N is calculated from, , y also cannot be known, and d cannot be solved naturally.

Sorry I am not a native English speaker, if I use any words wrong, please correct me, thank you.
The topic data comes from this article:Principles and examples of RSA and DSA algorithms
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
July 08, 2021, 02:33:23 AM

Your choose two prime numbers is different from what I learned. Coprime is normally what I see when referring to rsa and it means two numbers that don't share a common factor (I think).

I'm not mentioning this to be pedantic it's a detail that, I feel, dramatically increases the numbers that can be picked for p and q.
kxwhalexk (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2021, 03:04:56 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2021, 05:39:46 AM by kxwhalexk

Your choose two prime numbers is different from what I learned. Coprime is normally what I see when referring to rsa and it means two numbers that don't share a common factor (I think).

I'm not mentioning this to be pedantic it's a detail that, I feel, dramatically increases the numbers that can be picked for p and q.
Sorry, I am not a native English speaker,
I will check my vocabulary again. I only came into contact with encryption this month, so I posted this post in the help section, I hope you can point out my mistakes and help.
thanks.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2021, 09:51:07 PM

Don't worry. That one threw me off too until I searched it after the first time I read it! Some mathematic definitions are quite confusing too.

I will check my vocabulary again. I only came into contact with encryption this month, so I posted this post in the help section, I hope you can point out my mistakes and help.
thanks.
That was the only mistake I think (other than the formatting but you might be better off replacing the "code" tabs with "quote" ones?

You've got far in a month if you're already here too! You might want to add references for other newbies to follow you if there's a good resource you've found.
kxwhalexk (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 01:42:00 AM

Don't worry. That one threw me off too until I searched it after the first time I read it! Some mathematic definitions are quite confusing too.

thanks.
That was the only mistake I think (other than the formatting but you might be better off replacing the "code" tabs with "quote" ones?

You've got far in a month if you're already here too! You might want to add references for other newbies to follow you if there's a good resource you've found.

I have changed the code to quote.

I just realized that sup and sub cannot be displayed in the code. I am always wondering when to use code and when to use quote.

Yes, I am going to “live” here for a long time Cheesy.I will add my personal information slowly, thank you for your reminder.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 01:59:24 AM

I am always wondering when to use code and when to use quote.

Code is good for large bodies of text because it's scrollable once it gets too large.
I use quote either for quoting or just as a large box separator for when I need it - it works quite well for the latter.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: