Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:56:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Combining BTC mining with Zcash Mining in Germany  (Read 90 times)
B1994 (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 08, 2021, 09:54:13 AM

Hey guys, I was thinking to start a small BTC and Zcash mining business in Germany at a cost of 0.16 EUR kWh for passive income. I used a calculation for a Zcash Crypto Mining Rig with 8x NVIDIA GTX 1080 and I was a little bit suprised by the profitability. This is the calculation: https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/calculator/zec?HashingPower=256.32&HashingUnit=MH%2Fs&PowerConsumption=2400&CostPerkWh=0.19&MiningPoolFee=1

Is mining Zcash really that profitable??

Here is the picture of the calculation:

https://i.imgur.com/v18cg9t.jpeg
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
July 08, 2021, 10:56:38 PM

No.

ZEC Zcash is mined by ASIC not gpu. 

A 1080 will get around 0.5Khs so 8 would be 4Khs or about $0.25 per day for all 8 cards…and about $4+ in power costs….so you will only lose just under $4 a day.

Neither BTC or  ZEC are profitable or reasonably mineable on gpu.  A single old outdated Zcash asic does around 14khs on about 350w of power.

That calculator is terribly out of date. 
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2021, 01:29:58 AM

You put some number in a online calculator , and based on that what you saw there, you think its worth to start a mining business to mine zcash and BTC with GPU ? with a electricity price of 0.16 EUR kWh Huh OMG ...
Please do a little bit more research on this Wink dig just a little bit deeper Wink

First , please read my post from 2017 , there is a lot of useful information there , especially about mining calculators Smiley
MY Post from 2017 is HERE

After you read that few line there , there is another good reading for you from 2021 , with some updated information Smiley
Updated Info 2021;)

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
anu1908

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 09, 2021, 03:09:34 AM

you should use more reputable website to calculate your mining cost. whattomine is usually the go to place for online mining calculator. i don't know why you use cryptcompare instead of whattomine.
B1994 (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 01:39:30 PM

You put some number in a online calculator , and based on that what you saw there, you think its worth to start a mining business to mine zcash and BTC with GPU ? with a electricity price of 0.16 EUR kWh Huh OMG ...
Please do a little bit more research on this Wink dig just a little bit deeper Wink

First , please read my post from 2017 , there is a lot of useful information there , especially about mining calculators Smiley

After you read that few line there , there is another good reading for you from 2021 , with some updated information Smiley
Updated Info 2021;)

Thank you! Appreciate your post. I was just thinking about it, I already did my own calculations and worst case scenario analysis. This showed me that BTC mining with ASICs is not profitable in Germany right now, only under perfect conditions, meaning no ASICs are breaking, no tremendeous rise in difficulty and a huge rise in the price of BTC. Otherwise my ROI would be at around 410 days, which is a lot actually if you think that your business will not be profitable the first 1-2 years.
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 02:27:03 PM

Updated Info 2021;)

Thank you! Appreciate your post. I was just thinking about it, I already did my own calculations and worst case scenario analysis. This showed me that BTC mining with ASICs is not profitable in Germany right now, only under perfect conditions, meaning no ASICs are breaking, no tremendeous rise in difficulty and a huge rise in the price of BTC. Otherwise my ROI would be at around 410 days, which is a lot actually if you think that your business will not be profitable the first 1-2 years.

First where you get 0,16€ for the kWh in germany? Is not possible.
Second 0,16€ is to much when we go in the real bear market like the last 3 years. You need under 0,05€ to get profit in bear market -> not possible because the EEG only costs 0,065€.

Think green and buy an enerkite to produce your own electricity  Grin
B1994 (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 09:17:32 AM

Updated Info 2021;)

First where you get 0,16€ for the kWh in germany? Is not possible.
Second 0,16€ is to much when we go in the real bear market like the last 3 years. You need under 0,05€ to get profit in bear market -> not possible because the EEG only costs 0,065€.

Think green and buy an enerkite to produce your own electricity  Grin

It is possible if you have access to industry prices. My friend has several biogas plants and he gets 0.16 EUR kWh from his provider.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: