Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:29:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Volatility Indicator  (Read 264 times)
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 01:15:17 PM

I'm sure I heard someone talk about bollinger bands or something for doing this. If the price is outside of the band, the asset is volatile.

Bollinger band don't look perfect for this because it is not an indicator to rely on for proper direction. Some times working with it you can be correct and other time it will fall. Also you can hardly predict when the volatility of the market has ended but you keep being in the market, this is risky to use but if it can be combined with others, then you can manage on it , Bollinger is a lagging type of indicator.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinplsresearch

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2021, 02:33:58 PM

IMO, Market manipulations and Strong sentiments will cause pumps and dumps
You can't get away with the systematic risk like stock market crash or KOL's negative speech.

But you can front run some market manipulation.
Since bitcoin is highly leveraged, when there's imbalance long-short ratio + high open interest
Big players will likely to trade against retail investors, and make profit from liquidations.

For example:
When long-short ratio and open interest is much higher than average.
That means a lot more people are longing bitcoin.

https://coinpls.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/tradingview_dashboard.png

You can see from the image i share in above link, the long-short ratio is super high before it get crash.

You can also check orderbook + trades history,
when orderbook get thinner and imbalance. (There's too much order accumulated on one side)
And trade volume is low, it could be a good time for market manipulation.

For finding long-short ratio and open interest, there's free data available from Binance.
https://www.binance.com/en/futures/funding-history/4

*long-short ratio = accounts with long position / accounts with short position
*open interest = opening contract amount nominated in USD.

Let me know if this is helpful for you.
ajochems

Activity: 1305
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 07:47:37 PM

I'm sure I heard someone talk about bollinger bands or something for doing this. If the price is outside of the band, the asset is volatile.

Bollinger band don't look perfect for this because it is not an indicator to rely on for proper direction. Some times working with it you can be correct and other time it will fall. Also you can hardly predict when the volatility of the market has ended but you keep being in the market, this is risky to use but if it can be combined with others, then you can manage on it , Bollinger is a lagging type of indicator.

Volatile was based on the coin which you had invested.Most of potential coin will have good volatile.So check the volatile before investing ,or else you can't exchange later.Some people without seeing all this invest their money and cry in the future after the loss.Don't risk in the future,just inverse your money and hold .When the market get into the pump,you can sell your valuable coin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 07:54:08 PM

Yeah you wouldn't rely on one thing at once though when it comes to indicators. Some are a bit more accurate but they're best being put together.

And yes I know the stratefy with bollinger bands is said to be to buy a breakout and it's one of the reasons I didn't mention that part of the strategy for the number of times it likely fails - especially if too many people are looking at that same indicator. Breaking out and then going back inside the indicator probably means volatility went up though - but still less reliable than volume.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 08:39:37 PM

-Bollinger Bands
-Moving  Averages
-Average True Range

These are the indicators that i do make use together with those trend lines and support/resitances and Rsi's.

LongStand

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2021, 05:51:39 PM

Volatility indicator is a measuring tool. Only if the data is shown in specified visual forms, volatility indicator identifies the extent to which price moves over time, producing non-directional information. High volatility generates bigger extremes in greed and fear, which has a significant impact on options pricing and market mood.
awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 04:50:15 AM

Volatile was based on the coin which you had invested.Most of potential coin will have good volatile.So check the volatile before investing ,or else you can't exchange later.Some people without seeing all this invest their money and cry in the future after the loss.Don't risk in the future,just inverse your money and hold .When the market get into the pump,you can sell your valuable coin.
To avoid disappointment, I think we should not rush to invest, but we must study it first so that we know the characteristics of the volatile pair we are investing in. that way we will dare to hold it indefinitely because no one knows when the bullrun will happen

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: