Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 05:14:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Microsoft Is Using Bitcoin to Help Build a Decentralized Internet  (Read 252 times)
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 3453

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2021, 08:41:43 AM

Personally, I have a strange feeling about it... At first, I enjoyed reading what this "layer 2 tech [DID]" does but seeing that Microsoft is behind it, I'd prefer to "not" dip my toes...
- I watched the video on that article and in a way, it encourages users to create multiple identities for various stuff [a bit nonsensical, and to an extent, it defeats its purpose].

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1506

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 07:04:12 PM

As the title says, here you will find more details about the news "Microsoft Is Using Bitcoin to Help Build a Decentralized Internet . Found this news in a Telegram channel. But this news site is new to me, so I am not sure how potential this news is since I have searched in Cointelegraph channels but missing it there. In the news seems Microsoft using Bitcoin blockchain in the ION project for the record of Bitcoin transaction. I am not getting the whole concept of how it would help Bitcoin adaption. Let's express your opinion.

Not sure about the legitimacy of thia news. But ION project does not talk about bitcoin adoption in any way. It has probably take inspiration from blockchain but ION project is not a crypto project.

What I understand is that Microsoft is trying to build something called DID which is a virtual identity protocol for a censorship free decentralized web. The minute details are still unknown but you can get a good idea of it from the below link,

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-active-directory-identity/toward-scalable-decentralized-identifier-systems/ba-p/560168

Do check it. It's quite interesting!

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 08:21:45 PM
Merited by SFR10 (1)

In before, Bitcoin is not suited to the project, and Microsoft release their own MicroCoin, which requires users to enter KYC to acquire, and you can earn some while you use their software! 
does but seeing that Microsoft is behind it, I'd prefer to "not" dip my toes...
I'm the same, sure the technical side sounds intriguing, but I can't really trust anything that's coming from Microsoft, especially when its associated with either privacy or decentralization. I mean, every service/product they release, as significant issues with privacy. Also, their practices seem to be anti privacy, security, and freedom of choice. Lets use the most popular of examples; Windows 10 adds several different features which can't be disabled, and are added back every update, which generally its enabled by default to update automatically. Windows comes preshipped with various bloatware, and with the new rumours of the new Windows system, it seems they've included a bunch more of features, which not only aren't optional, but aren't necessary.

Microsoft have also gone on a purchase spree of companies recently, and I believe there was a massive concern about them removing certain games from platforms which aren't controlled by Microsoft, whether there was any substance behind that, I didn't read too much into it, but when I saw it I thought that it sounded like Microsoft's shenanigans.
speedy963

Activity: 631
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 08:58:06 PM

If this news turns out to be authentic, then this will really be a great advantage not just for bitcoin but also for microsoft itself since both of them are quite big names. Although, bitcoin will be gaining more while microsoft will be at the losing end, such partnership is still pretty fair. Kudos to microsoft for taking a huge leap this is a risk that has a huge percentage of benefits.

On a side note, I noticed that more and more crypto is getting well known and more accepted not just by ordinary people but also by big names and companies, even some governments are accepting or in the process of accepting crypto currencies and its concept. Even browsers like Opera have crypto wallets.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 09:25:31 PM

For many years, events which the news media wanted to keep silent were publicized by anonymous bloggers. There was a movement in the US government years ago, before Trump took office. Where the state said they would help americans to remember their passwords and secure their identity by providing a single login (which they regulated and controlled) for all social media, forums and finance purposes.

It looks as if microsoft is attempting to re-launch this effort with their "decentralized" internet.

Using windows, I constantly have to disable windows defender almost everyday. It constantly re-activates itself. Even though I prefer anti virus not to actively scan in the background due to it shortening the lifespan of my hard disk. Windows defender can't be shut down from task manager or disabled. Microsoft and windows are so unbelievably terrible at what they do. I can't imagine anyone trusting them with user meta data.
Zedpastin

Activity: 363
Merit: 323

Infographics save lives

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 09:32:56 PM

If this news turns out to be authentic, then this will really be a great advantage not just for bitcoin but also for microsoft itself since both of them are quite big names. Although, bitcoin will be gaining more while microsoft will be at the losing end, such partnership is still pretty fair. Kudos to microsoft for taking a huge leap this is a risk that has a huge percentage of benefits.

On a side note, I noticed that more and more crypto is getting well known and more accepted not just by ordinary people but also by big names and companies, even some governments are accepting or in the process of accepting crypto currencies and its concept. Even browsers like Opera have crypto wallets.
Why would we want Microsoft involved with Bitcoin? And crypto wallets inside a browser is not beneficial either since it is encouraging people to use online wallets which is a insecure way of holding any cryptocurrency. I can see Microsoft adopting a similar approach which would mean a lot more people being targeted for attacks.

This is not good for Bitcoin this is only good for Microsoft and microsoft will attempt to have a monopoly in another area and then they will exploit its customers like they always have done.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: