Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:29:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Physical artwork from coins «Bitcoin Tower»  (Read 483 times)
Philipma1957cellphone

Activity: 416
Merit: 125

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 01:47:22 AM

Shame a nice looking item. Now wrapped with bad karma.

This is philipma1957 alt. Do not conduct business  with this account

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eclipse33
Copper Member

Activity: 939
Merit: 417

Eclipse© Cryptographic equipment

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2021, 03:39:06 PM

So - you posted an auction here, people bid and then the bid apparently did not meet whatever reserve you admit to not setting/posting about, then you cancel the auction rather than honor it - and then claim there was no actual auction?

wow.

And so in order:

1.The auction was not held here (I wrote above). Read the post carefully!
2. Bets are placed, but these rates do not correspond to the reserve price! I apologized!

I read that post many times and it does not specify there is no auction here - and the link to twitter is dead (at least it shows me nothing) and there is no mention of a reserve.

sounds shady as fuck.

let me ask the bidders here - were you guys contacted by op and told your bids were invalid because the auction was on twitter? or did you receive some other sort of message stating they were basically sorry that they were not honoring the auction because they forgot to list a reserve?

I ask because if the auction was on twitter not here, no one from here should have been contacted (as their bids were not "real") and we should then be able to see the auction on twitter - or was that conveniently deleted?

what I see is simple, you made an auction - (forgot to list reserve - honest mistake) the auction ended with a bid lower than you wanted to accept and you are conveniently using the "I forgot to list a reserve" and "the auction wasn't even here, it was on twitter".

As honest as a mistake that can be - the right thing to do is to honor the bids and provide the item to whoever was the highest bidder. Instead you deflect, ask for forgiveness and then "cancel" the auction after it has already ended. And now claim there was no auction here.

I would bet there is even more evidence of your shady behavior and I hope the bidders here share any further insight.

seller never contacted me after the auction was over to let me know if I had won the auction or not. Seller contacts me a few days after the auction is over to apologize for not indicating a reserve price. I feel like the seller is attached to her bitcoin tower and deep down doesn't really want to sell it. Seller should familiarize herself with the rules of the forum and the rules of hosting an auction. Seller dropped the ball on this one ....

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
Eclipse
)███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
   MARKETPLACE
▀   TELEGRAM
   TWITTER
▀   INSTAGRAM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
███▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
███████████▀█████▄▄
██████████████████████▄
▀████████████████████▀██
██████▄█▄██████████▀█████
███▀▀████████▀█▀███████
██████████████▄███▄██████
████████████████▄███████
██████████▀███████████▀
████████████▀▀█████▀▀
| BTC |
| XMR |
ACCEPTED
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███

███

███

███

███
[/quote]
5Ksana_HandMade (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 102

Bitcoin Artist

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2021, 03:52:43 PM

So - you posted an auction here, people bid and then the bid apparently did not meet whatever reserve you admit to not setting/posting about, then you cancel the auction rather than honor it - and then claim there was no actual auction?

wow.

And so in order:

2. Bets are placed, but these rates do not correspond to the reserve price! I apologized!

I read that post many times and it does not specify there is no auction here - and the link to twitter is dead (at least it shows me nothing) and there is no mention of a reserve.

sounds shady as fuck.

let me ask the bidders here - were you guys contacted by op and told your bids were invalid because the auction was on twitter? or did you receive some other sort of message stating they were basically sorry that they were not honoring the auction because they forgot to list a reserve?

I ask because if the auction was on twitter not here, no one from here should have been contacted (as their bids were not "real") and we should then be able to see the auction on twitter - or was that conveniently deleted?

what I see is simple, you made an auction - (forgot to list reserve - honest mistake) the auction ended with a bid lower than you wanted to accept and you are conveniently using the "I forgot to list a reserve" and "the auction wasn't even here, it was on twitter".

As honest as a mistake that can be - the right thing to do is to honor the bids and provide the item to whoever was the highest bidder. Instead you deflect, ask for forgiveness and then "cancel" the auction after it has already ended. And now claim there was no auction here.

I would bet there is even more evidence of your shady behavior and I hope the bidders here share any further insight.

seller never contacted me after the auction was over to let me know if I had won the auction or not. Seller contacts me a few days after the auction is over to apologize for not indicating a reserve price. I feel like the seller is attached to her bitcoin tower and deep down doesn't really want to sell it. Seller should familiarize herself with the rules of the forum and the rules of hosting an auction. Seller dropped the ball on this one ....

I wrote my opinion and apologized to all bidders! I didn't sell my art here: there was a link to Twitter! I apologized for not listing my reserve price! Thank you all, I took into account the mistakes and constructive criticism, but I will not sell my art here anymore!

I’m Aksana, also known as 5Ksana – 🎭 ₿𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗼𝗶𝗻 𝗔𝗿𝘁𝗶𝘀𝘁 & 👗𝗙𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗲𝗿
I must mention that one of my favorite ways to express my artistry is through the intricate art of embroidery.
Philipma1957cellphone

Activity: 416
Merit: 125

View Profile
August 05, 2021, 05:41:43 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2021, 05:52:17 PM by Philipma1957cellphone

wow.

And so in order:

sounds shady as fuck.

I wrote my opinion and apologized to all bidders! I didn't sell my art here: there was a link to Twitter! I apologized for not listing my reserve price! Thank you all, I took into account the mistakes and constructive criticism, but I will not sell my art here anymore!

Was nice artwork. What would have been your price if you sold it?

Let's play pretend and list it with a reserve minimum.  Would it be 0.005 minimum plus shipping?

I WOULD BE WILLING TO BUY IT AT A REASONABLE PRICE.

I would then sell it to the winner at the price he won it for.

SO THE WINNER WOULD NOT BE fucked.

I would only ask that the seller gets forgiven for the fuckup.

That's how nice the art is.

It would strip the bad karma away as that piece of art deserves to be freed from the karma cast on it.

I would use my philipma1957  main account.

This is philipma1957 alt. Do not conduct business  with this account
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2203

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2021, 07:26:08 PM

wow.

And so in order:

sounds shady as fuck.

Let's play pretend and list it with a reserve minimum.  Would it be 0.005 minimum plus shipping?

It would strip the bad karma away as that piece of art deserves to be freed from the karma cast on it.

I would use my philipma1957  main account.

I was told the reserve was 1 btc or that it was .1 btc - the twitter thread linked no longer works - at least not for me.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
5Ksana_HandMade (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 102

Bitcoin Artist

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2021, 03:05:46 PM

wow.

And so in order:

sounds shady as fuck.

Thank you very much that you like my art, but I made a mistake and I don't want to create an auction anymore! I'm not a manager, I'm an artist, so I don't want any more auctions! Excuse me! Have a good day!

I’m Aksana, also known as 5Ksana – 🎭 ₿𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗼𝗶𝗻 𝗔𝗿𝘁𝗶𝘀𝘁 & 👗𝗙𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗲𝗿
I must mention that one of my favorite ways to express my artistry is through the intricate art of embroidery.
tweetious

Activity: 1943
Merit: 375

Cryptoshi Blockomoto

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 09:37:51 PM

source:
https://5ksana.art/bitcoinart/physical-artwork-from-coins-bitcoin-tower/

When I asked the OP (through PM after the auction ended) about what the reserved price was (that they had in mind and forgot to mention), I was told a totally different value (different from the 1 BTC mentioned in the above link) Huh

Since that info was provided to me through PM (and never officially announced here), I do not want to publicly mention it here (since I respect their decision/privacy).

Not quite sure why all this secretiveness with the reserved value (and that they selectively answering & avoiding questions here), but hey... I assume that they prolly have their reasons.

BTW, seems like they also forgot to mention the reserved price in their tweets (in twitter where the auction supposedly took place), but that's another story....  Roll Eyes

source:
https://twitter.com/5Ksana/status/1412770885560328194
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7835

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2021, 11:19:29 AM

source:
https://5ksana.art/bitcoinart/physical-artwork-from-coins-bitcoin-tower/

When I asked the OP (through PM after the auction ended) about what the reserved price was (that they had in mind and forgot to mention), I was told a totally different value (different from the 1 BTC mentioned in the above link) Huh

Since that info was provided to me through PM (and never officially announced here), I do not want to publicly mention it here (since I respect their decision/privacy).

Not quite sure why all this secretiveness with the reserved value (and that they selectively answering & avoiding questions here), but hey... I assume that they prolly have their reasons.

BTW, seems like they also forgot to mention the reserved price in their tweets (in twitter where the auction supposedly took place), but that's another story....  Roll Eyes

source:
https://twitter.com/5Ksana/status/1412770885560328194

Yeah it is nice but not that nice. Thank you for info.

@ artist if you are expecting a large amount of money/coin for an item don't forget reserve.

Now it is a bad karma item you have created from a very pretty piece of work.

Sad so sad.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀