Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:17:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My Past nine months bitcoin journey  (Read 2820 times)
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 06, 2021, 09:06:51 AM

I see it now,,, thank you. Every time I see this kind of thread it inspires me to think about myself (and also envy as I said in previous post). I never made a real calculation unfortunately,,, as the main site/wallet that I used to accumulate has closed down, but I might be inspired to open a thread to keep track of my monthly/bimonthly earnings too.

Part of the establishing of a reasonable BTC budget is to make sure that you have your cashflow in order.

I personally like to attempt to plan out my cashflow for 2 years, and of course, my further out plan is more loose but the plan within 6 months is more specific and having to be more careful that it is specifically covered and not making any major mistakes.  I have been in such practice for about 30 years, and I have used an Excel spreadsheet for that in about the past 20 years.

That is definitely the way to do it. I am a bit more old school with notebooks and then only final calculations on digital copies,,, especially like with my signature campaigns and BTC I have started to migrate to Google spreadsheet to keep my own balances. It is additional cashflow to my existing salary, but because it is also used to supplement my expenditure I keep track of final fiat value sold and eventual BTC saved over. For only 4 years now this is going but that is about 60-70% of my total BTC hodlings. And every year I try to increase hard target for that percentage to becomes less (as in, to add more actual buying) as I move fiat savings more into BTC buying and less into fund-investing.

Now I just need to add fiat value to the BTC tracked from signature campaign so I know for sure what is my fiat gain.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 06, 2021, 04:00:52 PM

I see it now,,, thank you. Every time I see this kind of thread it inspires me to think about myself (and also envy as I said in previous post). I never made a real calculation unfortunately,,, as the main site/wallet that I used to accumulate has closed down, but I might be inspired to open a thread to keep track of my monthly/bimonthly earnings too.

Part of the establishing of a reasonable BTC budget is to make sure that you have your cashflow in order.

I personally like to attempt to plan out my cashflow for 2 years, and of course, my further out plan is more loose but the plan within 6 months is more specific and having to be more careful that it is specifically covered and not making any major mistakes.  I have been in such practice for about 30 years, and I have used an Excel spreadsheet for that in about the past 20 years.

That is definitely the way to do it. I am a bit more old school with notebooks and then only final calculations on digital copies,,, especially like with my signature campaigns and BTC I have started to migrate to Google spreadsheet to keep my own balances. It is additional cashflow to my existing salary, but because it is also used to supplement my expenditure I keep track of final fiat value sold and eventual BTC saved over. For only 4 years now this is going but that is about 60-70% of my total BTC hodlings. And every year I try to increase hard target for that percentage to becomes less (as in, to add more actual buying) as I move fiat savings more into BTC buying and less into fund-investing.

Now I just need to add fiat value to the BTC tracked from signature campaign so I know for sure what is my fiat gain.

If you are in your early years of BTC accumulation, it might not be that big of a deal if you track if your BTC holdings are in gain or not. 

Of course, with BTC prices going up, it is likely that almost everyone is in gain, at least for the moment... so the main point to me would be to be trying to continue to accumulate and have strategies for doing that on a regular basis... and of course, it can be quite challenging to even consider accumulating regularly (rather than lump sum if the BTC price ends up shooting up from $50k to $250k.. and then so many guys are going to be considering a correction at some point).. so it is not easy to decide what to do, especially if you are in relatively early stages of BTC accumulation  (even less than a few years of BTC accumulation seems like a short period from my perspective regarding how building wealth tends to go for a vast majority of normies).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
leea-1334

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 07, 2021, 04:48:36 AM

If you are in your early years of BTC accumulation, it might not be that big of a deal if you track if your BTC holdings are in gain or not. 

Of course, with BTC prices going up, it is likely that almost everyone is in gain, at least for the moment... so the main point to me would be to be trying to continue to accumulate and have strategies for doing that on a regular basis... and of course, it can be quite challenging to even consider accumulating regularly (rather than lump sum if the BTC price ends up shooting up from $50k to $250k.. and then so many guys are going to be considering a correction at some point).. so it is not easy to decide what to do, especially if you are in relatively early stages of BTC accumulation  (even less than a few years of BTC accumulation seems like a short period from my perspective regarding how building wealth tends to go for a vast majority of normies).

I guess it is now more than 3 years of serious accumulation but in my perspective it is early. I started in 2017 but it was very late and only by 2018 was I earning properly from a very long term campaign,,, until the service shut down.

As you said, just because now we are almost back at the ATH, it would be highly unlikely for most people to be in a loss (or even I should say highly unlucky).

But we should be and I am prepared for a very long term loss even in the future.

wtsimis

Activity: 326
Merit: 135

View Profile
October 07, 2021, 06:31:00 AM
Merited by Symmetrick (1)

Appreciated man, It is great to see that someone investing in SIP strategy. I hope your holdings and sacrifice will become huge one day. But I wanna suggest you put your holding in a safe investing platform like- crypto.com, celsius or lendn or nexo and many more. There are many platforms that providing around 6% APY. While investing weekly, your holdings will grow in their APY rates.
I saw many people doing the same way that I am talking about. You can get an idea from it https://www.publish0x.com/johnwege/my-crypto-earnings-september-xxyrkkr
It's very cool and an opportunity to invest in crypto on weekly basis, not everyone could invest like that on a weekly or monthly basis.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2021, 03:45:17 PM

I guess it is now more than 3 years of serious accumulation but in my perspective it is early. I started in 2017 but it was very late and only by 2018 was I earning properly from a very long term campaign,,, until the service shut down.

As you said, just because now we are almost back at the ATH, it would be highly unlikely for most people to be in a loss (or even I should say highly unlucky).

But we should be and I am prepared for a very long term loss even in the future.

Three years of $100 per week would currently put you at about 1.71 BTC of accumulation... I understand that guys are going to have differing goals regarding how much BTC that they believe that they need to accumulate in order to comfortable in terms of their own finances, and if we are considering bitcoin to potentially serve as a long term investment that is going to potentially supplement your retirement or even allow you to improve your living conditions prior to retirement, then it could take a couple of BTC cycles to really get to accumulation amounts that are adequately and sufficiently comfortable.

So, yeah if there is likely going to be an up portion and a down portion that is somewhat foreseeable, it can be also difficult to keep the buying regularly strategy going... especially if something like 4-5x prices come from here, and then there is a big drop after that.  It can be difficult to feel comfortable to buy regularly during that time instead of engaging in some other strategies to attempt to take advantage of the anticipated BTC price movements.

Appreciated man, It is great to see that someone investing in SIP strategy. I hope your holdings and sacrifice will become huge one day. But I wanna suggest you put your holding in a safe investing platform like- crypto.com, celsius or lendn or nexo and many more. There are many platforms that providing around 6% APY. While investing weekly, your holdings will grow in their APY rates.
I saw many people doing the same way that I am talking about. You can get an idea from it https://www.publish0x.com/johnwege/my-crypto-earnings-september-xxyrkkr
It's very cool and an opportunity to invest in crypto on weekly basis, not everyone could invest like that on a weekly or monthly basis.

You need to be careful when giving your bitcoin over to anyone else, and maybe you could play around with a portion of your bitcoin to put into these kinds of services, but there is an extra layer of risk when putting bitcoin into those kinds of services that might not be necessary to take in bitcoin because in some sense bitcoin is already designed to pump forever in terms of dollar value.. and yeah it has its ups and downs, but in the long term there is a certain logic to bitcoin in terms of it's likely going to be appreciating in value greater than any other asset class... so on average, you may well end up getting BTC price appreciations that are well over 20%. so long as you are holding the longer term the appreciation will likely add up to be pretty good.. no guarantees, even though historically bitcoin has done pretty well in terms of its appreciating in value.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
October 07, 2021, 04:17:09 PM

Congratulations, OP!
This is a great idea of ​​how we can invest bitcoin in small amounts that in the long term will represent the best choice. The advice is excellent to cut down on unnecessary expenses and instead invest for the future. I share the same idea because for two reasons in which I believe: First, bitcoin is the leader in the crypto market 42.7% while we buy more bitcoin we give it a boost and the market is bullish and the second reason my investment is totally to long term.

leea-1334

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 08, 2021, 05:36:33 AM

Three years of $100 per week would currently put you at about 1.71 BTC of accumulation.

I understand that guys are going to have differing goals regarding how much BTC that they believe that they need to accumulate in order to comfortable in terms of their own finances, and if we are considering bitcoin to potentially serve as a long term investment that is going to potentially supplement your retirement or even allow you to improve your living conditions prior to retirement, then it could take a couple of BTC cycles to really get to accumulation amounts that are adequately and sufficiently comfortable.

52 x 3 x100 = $15600, a huge sum of money, but for me it was more like $100 a month in total, which is still a very big amount of money to put aside (where I am, so I'm quite proud considering that in the years before Bitcoin I actually saved maybe even only 20% of that).

Very good calculations because that is very close to what BTC I managed to accumulate,,, I still have more than Imagined ever if I saved as before. I suppose I do need a second cycle of Bitcoin winter.

1 BTC was always my goal, and it kept getting more difficult but no complaints  Smiley

aysg76 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
October 08, 2021, 09:44:15 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Actually SIP investment are more of systematic type like you put up some fixed amounts at regular intervals like monthly, yearly or half yearly and can choose various options to invest your funds like in capital guaranteed plans or others but bitcoin investment for me is totally different like investing different amounts (what i can afford) as DCA for each week into bitcoin.

I have heard about Nexo.io and in the start want to stake my coins to have interest over my coins as nexo token holders also got 30% of profits as dividends but then i drop the idea because i am happy with btc profits only as returns will be sufficient in future rather than risking my coins on lending platform who are always prone to hack and scam you.So far happy with my coins safe with me.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Kittygalore

Activity: 882
Merit: 63

View Profile
October 08, 2021, 09:51:50 AM

Congratulations, OP!
This is a great idea of ​​how we can invest bitcoin in small amounts that in the long term will represent the best choice. The advice is excellent to cut down on unnecessary expenses and instead invest for the future. I share the same idea because for two reasons in which I believe: First, bitcoin is the leader in the crypto market 42.7% while we buy more bitcoin we give it a boost and the market is bullish and the second reason my investment is totally to long term.

If we want to copy OP and try to be better, maybe we can follow what OP did but we put more money in it to be able to make much more profit than OP, the only problem is that there's an unlikely thing that might happen and that you're not going to have the same situation that OP has.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2021, 04:58:06 PM

Three years of $100 per week would currently put you at about 1.71 BTC of accumulation.

I understand that guys are going to have differing goals regarding how much BTC that they believe that they need to accumulate in order to comfortable in terms of their own finances, and if we are considering bitcoin to potentially serve as a long term investment that is going to potentially supplement your retirement or even allow you to improve your living conditions prior to retirement, then it could take a couple of BTC cycles to really get to accumulation amounts that are adequately and sufficiently comfortable.

52 x 3 x100 = $15600, a huge sum of money, but for me it was more like $100 a month in total, which is still a very big amount of money to put aside (where I am, so I'm quite proud considering that in the years before Bitcoin I actually saved maybe even only 20% of that).

Very good calculations because that is very close to what BTC I managed to accumulate,,, I still have more than Imagined ever if I saved as before. I suppose I do need a second cycle of Bitcoin winter.

1 BTC was always my goal, and it kept getting more difficult but no complaints  Smiley

Of course, my earlier referenced post had a link to DCAbtc.com, and within that website you can customize your hypothetical investment scenario for a variety of time periods and amounts and compare your BTC investment to the performance of Equities (stock market) and gold.. and for sure the longer the period the more likely that you will have been able to accumulate a decent stash of BTC.

Furthermore, there are some folks who claim that they are able to get investment performance that is better than DCA buying, and they can measure their performance up to the plain and simple DCA strategy.. that is pretty straight forward and likely way less stressful.

Personally, I am not against playing around with some trading, but it is likely better to have a solid DCA strategy and if you are going to play around to make sure that is ONLY a very small portion of your overall BTC holdings .. 10% or less (and even 10% can add up to being a lot of money once you have built the size of your BTC portfolio).

Regarding setting personal goals regarding how much BTC to accumulate or how much dollar value that might be worth, there are a variety of ways to set such goals, and I frequently suggest to set those goals to be relatively modest (and reachable), and sure you could establish a tier of goals, so that once one goal is accomplished then you shoot for the next level higher up the tier... and with the passage of time you can measure your progress.. and even within the goal setting, it is going to be good NOT to put unrealistically high expectations on yourself or your BTC's performance, and to realize that in normie land it can take 30-40 years for people to get to decent financial security - and sometimes even a decent number of those people who are prudent and work hard towards building financial security do not end up being successful (at least not in a kind of getting to fuck you status that allows them to really live financially independent).. so if you actually can get anywhere close to reaching fairly high goals that you have over 15-20 years, then you would have been successful in cutting in half the timeframe that it frequently might take normies to reach such goals. 

For sure, BTC seems to be a great vehicle for such.. even if it is NOT all of your investment vehicles....or maybe in the beginning BTC would be all of your investments, but as you increase your values, then you might choose to spread out some of your investments into properties or some other reasonable other investments so that all your value is not in one thing.. perspectives are going to vary regarding various reasonable and prudent measures to take in a variety of possible diversification and balancing directions (thinking both psychological and financial measures).

leea-1334

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 09, 2021, 06:37:08 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

Regarding setting personal goals regarding how much BTC to accumulate or how much dollar value that might be worth, there are a variety of ways to set such goals, and I frequently suggest to set those goals to be relatively modest (and reachable), and sure you could establish a tier of goals, so that once one goal is accomplished then you shoot for the next level higher up the tier... and with the passage of time you can measure your progress.. and even within the goal setting, it is going to be good NOT to put unrealistically high expectations on yourself or your BTC's performance, and to realize that in normie land it can take 30-40 years for people to get to decent financial security - and sometimes even a decent number of those people who are prudent and work hard towards building financial security do not end up being successful (at least not in a kind of getting to fuck you status that allows them to really live financially independent).. so if you actually can get anywhere close to reaching fairly high goals that you have over 15-20 years, then you would have been successful in cutting in half the timeframe that it frequently might take normies to reach such goals. 

For sure, BTC seems to be a great vehicle for such.. even if it is NOT all of your investment vehicles....or maybe in the beginning BTC would be all of your investments, but as you increase your values, then you might choose to spread out some of your investments into properties or some other reasonable other investments so that all your value is not in one thing.. perspectives are going to vary regarding various reasonable and prudent measures to take in a variety of possible diversification and balancing directions (thinking both psychological and financial measures).

When I first got into it, and even by the time I actually got around to deciding how much I should aim, 1 Bitcoin was actually a realistic target for me. I cannot exactly remember the price but it was not yet even $3000 as I can recall. Which is a big amount for me, but something I believed I could accumulate in 2 years or so with normal forced savings (using it to DCA).

The "problem" with Bitcoin was it got much higher after that:) And the "funny" thing is that most of my DCA buys are heavily above the 10000 price range,,, which would have quadrupled my original 2 years estimate for 1 BTC. It was difficult for me to adjust goals but still I maintained my 1 BTC, keeping the milestones to targets on the way to 1 BTC. Signature campaigns have really helped (they reduce the need to buy), and unrelated winnings in Bitcoin gambling also, so it has cut short my estimate and I believe I can get my target by the next halving.

Balancing is definitely important,,, and constant fine tuning, and ensuring your personal situation does not suffer as a result. People forget to take care of the mind's situation also when it comes to money. You cannot eat ramen for 6 months to buy more BTC, for example.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2021, 05:50:01 PM
Merited by Coin-1 (1), leea-1334 (1)

When I first got into it, and even by the time I actually got around to deciding how much I should aim, 1 Bitcoin was actually a realistic target for me. I cannot exactly remember the price but it was not yet even $3000 as I can recall. Which is a big amount for me, but something I believed I could accumulate in 2 years or so with normal forced savings (using it to DCA).

The "problem" with Bitcoin was it got much higher after that:) And the "funny" thing is that most of my DCA buys are heavily above the 10000 price range,,, which would have quadrupled my original 2 years estimate for 1 BTC. It was difficult for me to adjust goals but still I maintained my 1 BTC, keeping the milestones to targets on the way to 1 BTC. Signature campaigns have really helped (they reduce the need to buy), and unrelated winnings in Bitcoin gambling also, so it has cut short my estimate and I believe I can get my target by the next halving.

Balancing is definitely important,,, and constant fine tuning, and ensuring your personal situation does not suffer as a result. People forget to take care of the mind's situation also when it comes to money. You cannot eat ramen for 6 months to buy more BTC, for example.

Fair points regarding how long it might take to achieve a goal that you had set in terms of BTC may take longer when the BTC price is going up.  There are currently a lot of normies - especially normies who are new to BTC - who are not going to ever be able to accumulate 1 BTC, and there will be needs for many of them to set their initial goals more realistically such as 0.21 BTC or in terms of satoshis 0.21 BTC =21 million satoshis... and if the BTC price keeps going up, initial BTC accumulation goals might gravitate towards 1 million satoshis or less.

For sure everyone has to set their goals within their own various parameters and plan and adjust their strategies in terms of their cashflow, other investments (if any), view of bitcoin as compared with other asset classes, timeline, risk tolerance and time, abilities and skills to plan, learn, strategize and tweak along the way which may involve rebalancing their allocations along the way and perhaps trading or using various financial instruments (that might involve leveraging or use of margin) - of course the trading and using various financial instruments are more advance skills in which there are likely benefits to working on more basic skills, learning about oneself and finances before employing the more advanced tactics.

By the way, I had a similar situation as you in terms of my getting first involved in Bitcoin towards the top of a price rise (mine was the 2013 price rise), yet none of us can really know if we are at the top of the price rise when we are in the midst of it, but one of my advantages was that I was already in a position to be pretty aggressive for the next year - that started out as a 6 month authorization for buying/accumulating BTC and then expanded into a year... but surely it could be questionable about whether all my aggressiveness in buying in the first year of 2014 while the BTC price was falling had really put me in any kind of advantages place because aspects of my previously purchased BTC were largely in the negative for nearly 3 years with an average cost per BTC in the upper $500s  in late 2014 that I was able to bring down to around $500 by the end of 2015.. but as we know the price of BTC had floated in the mid $200s for most of 2015.  One of the advantages was that my persistence did start to pay off in late 2016 and for sure in 2017 and for sure, even the 85% price dip from the $19,666 BTC high in 2017, still did not come even close to less than 4x in profits for my overall BTC, and these days, I just like to round my overall cost per BTC to $1k per BTC to make calculations a bit easier, even though sometimes there could be various ways of accounting.. but if there is a profit cushion, then there is flexibility and less stress - both psychologically and financially.

aysg76 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 2124

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 12:12:54 PM

Congratulations, OP!

If we want to copy OP and try to be better, maybe we can follow what OP did but we put more money in it to be able to make much more profit than OP, the only problem is that there's an unlikely thing that might happen and that you're not going to have the same situation that OP has.
I will not say to exactly copy my investment strategy as everyone has different financial situations and you need to manage them all.What i am currently doing is having an stable source of income and whatever i save for bitcoin rather than wasting them on junk food as becoming more health freak is put into bitcoin and all the extra bonus i got as no more financial burden is over me at this time so i can do it in the manner i have explained.But you all can have your plans as per your wish.But most important is making investment with whatever you can through DCA as it could help you a lot.Like you could put $100 or even lower but keep them above $10 to avoid them in fees only.With time your funds will grow above desired levels as for me there are no set goals but you can have entirely different from me.Hope it goes well for you all.

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Kodok Bencot

Activity: 994
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 01:38:28 PM

The value of bitcoin continues to increase so seeing balances and price increases is very pleasant, although sometimes prices drop but I am always optimistic and patient that bitcoin investment is the most profitable type of investment. I will make bitcoin for long term investment at least 2 years from now.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2021, 03:52:40 PM

The value of bitcoin continues to increase so seeing balances and price increases is very pleasant, although sometimes prices drop but I am always optimistic and patient that bitcoin investment is the most profitable type of investment. I will make bitcoin for long term investment at least 2 years from now.

It's possible that the top of this cycle could come at any time, including that prices could stay low for 2 years or longer.

Alternatively, it is possible that we could get another ATH and then some kind of peak to this cycle and such peak could take 2-12 months to play out.. and thereafter to have a correction...

In any event, 2 years seems to be a strange kind of minimum investment timeline because we could be in a correction period in 2 years, which would be a a strange time to get out of such investment.

Currently, I am recommending that newbies into bitcoin consider 4 years to 10 years as their minimum investment timeline.  Of course, each person retains full discretion regarding getting out early.. but it still may be good to consider coming into bitcoin with at least a 4 year minimum timeline or 10 years is even better, and if your timeline is less than 4 years.. and something like 2 years, you may need to be very careful in terms of actually expecting to be in profits during that time.. quite unknown if BTC will be in profits.. and of course, no time is really known to be for sure guaranteed to be in profits, but so far in bitcoin we have had cycles that have been lasting around 4 years.

leea-1334

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
October 11, 2021, 07:03:14 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

By the way, I had a similar situation as you in terms of my getting first involved in Bitcoin towards the top of a price rise (mine was the 2013 price rise), yet none of us can really know if we are at the top of the price rise when we are in the midst of it, but one of my advantages was that I was already in a position to be pretty aggressive for the next year - that started out as a 6 month authorization for buying/accumulating BTC and then expanded into a year... but surely it could be questionable about whether all my aggressiveness in buying in the first year of 2014 while the BTC price was falling had really put me in any kind of advantages place because aspects of my previously purchased BTC were largely in the negative for nearly 3 years with an average cost per BTC in the upper $500s  in late 2014 that I was able to bring down to around $500 by the end of 2015.. but as we know the price of BTC had floated in the mid $200s for most of 2015.  One of the advantages was that my persistence did start to pay off in late 2016 and for sure in 2017 and for sure, even the 85% price dip from the $19,666 BTC high in 2017, still did not come even close to less than 4x in profits for my overall BTC, and these days, I just like to round my overall cost per BTC to $1k per BTC to make calculations a bit easier, even though sometimes there could be various ways of accounting.. but if there is a profit cushion, then there is flexibility and less stress - both psychologically and financially.

Not only could we never know but for normies as I was and still am,,, we could never even know if there was going to be a rally or a cycle. Only 2 cycles had happened when I came and now I have the experience of living through one entire rally/winter cycle,,, I still cannot know for sure if this is another cycle or if we have a new paradigm of market behavior.

I am very happy to read it worked out for you and most importantly that you had the persistence to stick with it.

I read about others as old as you in this world but who gave up after the last rally thinking that was it Smiley

Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 11, 2021, 02:59:19 PM

It's a great day because the value of bitcoin continues to increase, i suggest to keep buying and holding because tomorrow or the day after i'm sure the price of $60 will be reached, today i have bought about $128 when the price was $56k and now it has reached $57300, bitcoin investment is proven be the most profitable.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2021, 03:05:32 PM
Merited by leea-1334 (1)

Not only could we never know but for normies as I was and still am,,, we could never even know if there was going to be a rally or a cycle. Only 2 cycles had happened when I came and now I have the experience of living through one entire rally/winter cycle,,, I still cannot know for sure if this is another cycle or if we have a new paradigm of market behavior.

I am very happy to read it worked out for you and most importantly that you had the persistence to stick with it.

I read about others as old as you in this world but who gave up after the last rally thinking that was it Smiley

Initially, in late 2013, I had not known my investment target, exactly.  I initially authorized myself a lump sum amount to spread out during my first 6 months investing, so I just took the amount and divided it by 26 weeks, and that was my allowance for each week.  At the end of the 1st 6 months, I authorized myself to continue another 6 months with the same amount, and at the end of the 1st year, I thereby established my goal of getting 10% of my total investment portfolio into bitcoin....

I had already considered that I was not investing more than I could afford to lose because I had other investments and also I had all my expenses covered with my other monies and cashflow, but I did appreciate that my investment allocation was somewhat aggressive in terms of overall prudence of what regular people might consider.. but I still think that I always suggested that people who were less aggressive (or less of a believer) should allocate lower on the spectrum of maybe only 1%, so in that regard, I had always had some kind of recommendation that people should consider a 1% to 10% investment in bitcoin in terms of all of their investments, and surely since late 2013 (or even since late 2017) the investment thesis for bitcoin has gotten a quite a bit stronger in terms of likelihood for success.  of course, the upside potential is likely NOT as great as it had been with a lower price, but the solidness of the investment thesis got better in terms of how various governments had been reacting (up until then or up until now) and also in terms of other ongoing developments and surely the resolution of the 2017 fork wars in terms of attack vectors against bitcoin had been fairly clearly resolved in favor of bitcoin.

Furthermore, even these days, there is nothing really strongly taking away from bitcoin's investment thesis in spite of some hostilities from China, but there are other bullish factors including El Salvador adoption, other countries considering similar measures, and some of the onboarding of pretty BIG players and financial institutions. so there always have been negative information in the mix, but that negative information should really be informing guys/normies in terms of how much to invest into bitcoin (whether taking a 1% allocation, or a 10% allocation or some other amount), not whether to invest into bitcoin.

Surely, some people choose not to invest in bitcoin at all, which surely is a mistake that a lot of people make by considering 1) how much  and 2) whether as if they were the same question... kinds of all or nothing thinking that does not really serve the individual interests in terms of there is always going to be risks to any investment or ways of allocating value whether in bitcoin or some other investment(s) - even though bitcoin still remains amongst the best of investments that is still available out there... whether others recognize and appreciate such ongoing upside potential or not.

nurilham

Activity: 1428
Merit: 436

duelbits.com

View Profile
October 11, 2021, 03:36:28 PM

nice move, congrats. You make this profit little by little. it will certainly make a lot of people excited to achieve their goals. that's what other people want too which is to get periodic profits. in crypto investment we must know the flow and also the goals to be achieved. keep an eye on the market movement and make analysis with it. it will help us in deciding the time to sell or buy crypto. if we can manage our assets well of course it will be profitable and I think bitcoin investment is also good for long term investment to guarantee life in the future.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Rufsilf

Activity: 1722
Merit: 309

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 12, 2021, 10:35:24 AM

I am away from my home working in an office and it is hard to manage both work and house at the same time for me as i came late from office. So most of the time I order food online say 3-4 times in week and was happy with that until the point i realised that i was wasting lot of money on junk food. So i decided to have my future plans as i was already investing in bitcoin so i decided to reduce my weekly budget for ordering online food and decided to invest that money into bitcoin despite the prices and just go on investing till the time being. But i made a plan that every time i would add on the fixed budget of $10 extra to btc investment and from next month increased my intial investment by $10 also.For example say my weekly budget or food expenditure was $40-$50 weekly on my 3-4 order i would reduce it to half and say invest $25 weekly and next week it would be turned to $35.Along with this I was also planning to buy some gaming stuff for my time pass but i dropped that idea for the same reason and decided that i would keep on investing in bitcoin only not any other altcoin also .So this was my plan and investment was done every week.

1st Month Investments

Week     Investment    Bitcoin aqquired       At price

Week 1: $25                 0.0005                   $49150.53
Week 2: $35                 0.00094                  $37002.44
Week 3: $45                 0.00114                  $39294.20
Week 4: $55                 0.00147                  $37575.18

Total 1st month bitcoin investment in my portfolio stood at : $160

How much btc were bought:  0.00405

2nd Month Investments

Week 1:  $35                 0.00093               $37345.12
Week 2:  $45                 0.00117               $38347.06
Week 3:  $55                 0.00163               $33723.03
Week 4:  $65                 0.00185               $35040.84

Total 2nd month bitcoin investment in my portfolio stood at :  : $200

How many btc were bought:  0.00558

3rd Month Investments

Week 1:  $45                 0.00132               $33855.33
Week 2:  $55                 0.0018                 $30456.06
Week 3:  $65                 0.00162               $40111.19
Week 4:  $75                 0.0018                 $41524.96

Total 3rd month bitcoin investment in my portfolio stood at :  : $240

How many btc were bought:  0.00654

Total Bitcoins aqquired with $600 = 0.01617

I got bonus from my office this month for extra performance along with my paycheck so i decided to to go mile extra this time with bitcoin investment and invested another $100 from the same bonus to bitcoin investment and will make some bonus investments as I get them with my paycheck.

BONUS $100 INVESTMENT AT $43600 = BTC0.00229

I have doing this from past three months now and planning it to carry on for long time as i know that my returns will be high in long run and my wasting that money on my food items would have given me happiness and relaxation for few time but this investment at this time would be long lasting and give me pleasure and joy for lifetime. So I decided to compromise my that things for bitcoin investments as it will surely have more value in future when every other assest will be depreciated with inflation but my this investment will prove worthy at that time.

Speaking frankly I was happy at this dip as i was getting big share at small prices and they don't even matter for me because i was not into trading and my sole motive was to invest and hold for long time no matter what the prices are and will be.I have decided to follow this plan for atleast 6 months and will keep posting the updates on this thread. So i am constantly reducing my miscellaneous expenses and allocating that funds towards bitcoin and i will not panic with any price dumps and afford to loose that money(but it will not happen as i am optimistic) and will hold that coins until i need to use them.Till then my 6 months chart is on for investments  Wink

EDIT: The thread has been updated with this month DCA investments and Bonus investments made by me and will keep this in same manner.

Sounds like someone is getting more comfortable soon in the near future, congratulations! And for that it's very commendable because not everyone have that kind of mindset. There's nothing harmful if you decide to order your food online because you have a busy schedule and as long that it's highly nutritious unlike junk foods.
This one is especially for newbies who wants to invest for their future or for someone that doesn't know that you can buy bitcoins with just a small fraction and not the whole coin.

Thanks OP!

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██