Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:43:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minerstat Vs HiveOS  (Read 204 times)
FloridaKid (OP)

Activity: 375
Merit: 15

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 05:38:43 PM

This question is for those who've used this two OS before, is minerstat OS better than hive OS? Some users are saying minerstat OS is way better and it's what hive OS should have been, how true is this? If you've used both before please drop your reasons why you would leave one for the other

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1038

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 06:49:31 PM

I am using HiveOS and RaveOS.
I like HiveOS because if I pay them more than $ 50, they give me an additional bonus of 30%.
HiveOS has more reviews and helpful guides. RaveOS is even simpler, but there are some nuances, because HiveOS worked more stable on some of my farms.
So far I do not see any reason to use other operating systems for mining

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Gorosden

Activity: 518
Merit: 30

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 08:00:14 PM

I like HiveOS because if I pay them more than $ 50, they give me an additional bonus of 30%.
HiveOS has more reviews and helpful guides. RaveOS is even simpler, but there are some nuances, because HiveOS worked more stable on some of my farms.
If you don't mind me asking what do you mean by getting paid 30% when you paid $50? Is that for multiple mining rigs? I heard you can use up to four mining rigs on hiveOS for free, isn't it?

skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 08:16:12 PM

And the winner is: MMPOS!
I started with minerstat,but is was slow to introduce new version and optimization was not easy.
So, I went back to Windows.
Then dual mining eth + zil with a 6 gb card was not an option anymore in windows.
Tried Hiveos, that elevate the bat or sh file to "flying sheets".
I felt alone in term of support.
May be I am complicated as I have small mixed rigs and I am not mining just eth.
Someone suggested MMPOS, I pay per card and not per rig.
And quite a lot of card are free so, montly I don't spend a lot. Nothing compared to what I achieved.
My 2 GB Rx 550 is mining Ergo really fast, in the  same rig where I mine eth in Flexpool and zil in rustpool with some 1660 6gb.
And the Cpu is mining Verus. I normally forget about that rig because is so stable.
And with the other rigs  I reduced the power consumption by 20 %, and increase hashrate with almost any card from 8gb RX470 to RTX 3060.
I became a better miner ? no , I have the same doubts as before, but I asked in their telegram channel, and they helped. A lot.

And I get the new version of the miners even before they have been published.

I will never look back

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 08:33:41 PM

If you don't mind me asking what do you mean by getting paid 30% when you paid $50? Is that for multiple mining rigs? I heard you can use up to four mining rigs on hiveOS for free, isn't it?

https://hiveos.farm/pricing/
One farm is always free, 4 farms are free for mining Ethereum and Ethereum Classic on the HiveOS pool
If you pay $ 50 to your account, then $ 15 will be added as a bonus.
Try HiveOS and RaveOS for free on every farm and see what's best for you

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
HardCore12V

Activity: 223
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 18, 2021, 06:02:24 AM

Use what works for you mate, you can get hive OS and others then try them in different rigs to see the one that fits your need the most, you can end up preferring windows 10 OS than these mining OS instead, you won't know until you try

Ceyflix-Rez

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 18, 2021, 07:33:43 AM

I've not used MMPOS before but I've heard it's pretty good most especially for AMD cards users but I like minerstat better because it's feature of switching between the most profitable coins at the present time instantly, this feature is only available in Nicehash too but minerstat beats Nicehash hands down

dedizonesv2

Activity: 152
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 18, 2021, 06:00:10 PM

One farm is always free, 4 farms are free for mining Ethereum and Ethereum Classic on the HiveOS pool

they are thieves they say pool 0% of fees whereas it is totally false, you mine at a rate of 3% their own block, their pools one of the least profitable and the real miners know very well that the pps + pools are the worst for loyal miners

They are not transparent at all and when we ask them for information, we are insulted.
M.E.V because it is supposedly the share of minors, I am still waiting for the answer.

I came across this site which makes a more precise calculation for me.

See here: https://www.miningpoolsprofits.com/

Unfortunately the panel is very good but they are not really listening to the community.

I use their panel, I pay my rigs but their panels are often down like the pool oddly? (waitingggggg ... => down cloudflare)
HiveOS earns a lot of money and the quality, the listening is not at the rendezvous.

I am also looking for a solution to put more than 10Ghs of rig elsewhere
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2021, 08:25:17 PM

they are thieves they say pool 0% of fees whereas it is totally false, you mine at a rate of 3% their own block, their pools one of the least profitable and the real miners know very well that the pps + pools are the worst for loyal miners

They are not transparent at all and when we ask them for information, we are insulted.
M.E.V because it is supposedly the share of minors, I am still waiting for the answer.

Unfortunately the panel is very good but they are not really listening to the community.

I use their panel, I pay my rigs but their panels are often down like the pool oddly? (waitingggggg ... => down cloudflare)
HiveOS earns a lot of money and the quality, the listening is not at the rendezvous.

I am using HiveOS and RaveOS but mining on Ethermine pool.
I will not persuade other users to use HiveOS if they believe that the developers are cheating them.
Try other operating systems and compare the results. You will see many pros and cons and choose the best

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
dedizonesv2

View Profile
July 19, 2021, 06:59:30 AM

I will not persuade other users to use HiveOS if they believe that the developers are cheating them.
Try other operating systems and compare the results. You will see many pros and cons and choose the best

I am not saying to use hiveos, their panel is good but it does not listen to the community ... I am just saying to deactivate the 3% in the panel and not to undermine their pool because you will never be profitable

We are much more profitable by paying the rigs on hiveos than by mined to pay. (3% at 45 minutes over 24 hours) without forgetting the costs of the pools + minber software + electricity

asked Ethermine, why is he taking 20% M.E.V in fees? Do you mind mining in a vacuum? Nobody noticed, we are a community
This may not be the place to see the right subject but ask yourself about the real profitability of pools!

Why did 2miner keep 100% of the M.E.V throughout the month of May?

because it is useless to have the best panel, well adjusted rigs if we gain little behind especially in this moment, I imagine not even after the update london?

take a closer look at your profitability;)

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 10:23:34 PM

I am not saying to use hiveos, their panel is good but it does not listen to the community ... I am just saying to deactivate the 3% in the panel and not to undermine their pool because you will never be profitable

We are much more profitable by paying the rigs on hiveos than by mined to pay. (3% at 45 minutes over 24 hours) without forgetting the costs of the pools + minber software + electricity

asked Ethermine, why is he taking 20% M.E.V in fees? Do you mind mining in a vacuum? Nobody noticed, we are a community
This may not be the place to see the right subject but ask yourself about the real profitability of pools!

because it is useless to have the best panel, well adjusted rigs if we gain little behind especially in this moment, I imagine not even after the update london?

Ethermine.org Payout Policy: Starting at block 12,965,000
https://ethpool.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/8000093291-ethermine-org-payout-policy-starting-at-block-12-965-000

"Important notices:
1) 100% instead of 80% of MEV rewards will be forwarded to miners"

I prefer stability. I can use other software (even free) and miners, but I will lose profit due to the additional maintenance of mining farms.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
dedizonesv2

View Profile
July 22, 2021, 04:36:09 AM

Ethermine.org Payout Policy: Starting at block 12,965,000
https://ethpool.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/8000093291-ethermine-org-payout-policy-starting-at-block-12-965-000

"Important notices:
1) 100% instead of 80% of MEV rewards will be forwarded to miners"

I prefer stability. I can use other software (even free) and miners, but I will lose profit due to the additional maintenance of mining farms.

I agree except that m.e.v did not exist 6 months ago strictly speaking ... it was activated to compensate for the costs incurred at the end of the London update scheduled for early August.

1% represents a lot of money you know ... we are now 20% for ethermine and 10% hiveos of an income which logically should come back to us at 100%, I'm talking about m.e.v

I want to clarify that I am now banned on telegram hiveos, since I informed that it took the part of the minor mev, and mentioned 0% fee when in reality it is 3%.  that's when its bothersome to talk about money now in the crypto world.  I just raised a stone on the income of the pool.  but one day a big stone will be lifted

I just ask for transparency as for business companies
dimafern

Activity: 577
Merit: 27

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2021, 05:23:32 PM

Hello!

Hive OS team here. We are answering your question.

> they are thieves they say pool 0% of fees whereas it is totally false, you mine at a rate of 3% their own block, their pools one of the least profitable and the real miners know very well that the pps + pools are the worst for loyal miners

That is simply not true. As we've already explained to you in chat as well — the 3% pool fee is completely optional. It serves as an alternative payment method for Hive OS for Paid Accounts. You can either top up your funds with crypto as it's always been the case or you can enable the OPTIONAL 3% pool dev fee — which automatically handles the cost/payments of the workers on HiveOn. This isn't a secret, we haven't been hiding this and it's pretty much very well documented on all our Payment FAQ articles.

> They are not transparent at all and when we ask them for information, we are insulted.

We've been nothing but transparent throughout — Well before MEV was implemented and well afterward too. We've made announcements on all our social mediums. Almost ALL pools out there that support MEV take a share of it, it's not news to anyone. We payout 90% of MEV rewards to miners that was well communicated during implementation and has never been a secret anywhere.

If you have any other questions or misunderstandings please contact our support, we work 24/7 hours.

Our email: bee@hiveos.farm or via website-live chat https://hiveos.farm/
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 07, 2021, 05:25:35 PM

MinerStat OS sucks because you can't add AMD and Nvidia cards in a single motherboard it won't work this way, MinerStat OS only works with one GPU name at a time, meaning 6 Nvidia cards at a time or 6 Radeon cards at a time, no mixing
JFoxOne

Activity: 640
Merit: 56

minerstat

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2021, 05:03:13 AM

you can't add AMD and Nvidia cards in a single motherboard ... meaning 6 Nvidia cards at a time or 6 Radeon cards at a time, no mixing

That's very true. Thank you for honest feedback.

So you would rather use minerstat but you can't use it as you have a mixed rig.

And I can see that you are greatly frustrated by that fact.

But don't stress, it's not about you, it's us (Read this).

On the other hand I'd be frustrated too, because minerstat is such an amazing platform to use. It looks great and it just works.

You are missing on really great features such as:
- Built-in mining calculator
- AMD Tweak tool
- Profit switching
- Deep diagnostics
- Reporting on over 800 errors
- Custom triggers
- ... and many other features that people comment with "OMG I didn't even know I'd need something like that, amazing"

Also pricing ... just perfect, it's only 2$ per month with up to 20% discount if bought annually.

You can mine on any pool you want by using Windows mining software, ASIC, or just standard mining OS.

But not just any pool, you can profit switch between the pools. Imagine that. If you'd only have a normal rig build ... right? Mmmm-m-m. Delicious.

For everyone else that value stability and quality of service, I invite you to register and use minerstat at https://my.minerstat.com/register

Use coupon code BITCOINTALK to get 10% off your next order (code expires in a week from now).

dedizonesv2

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 08:26:54 AM

Hello!

> they are thieves they say pool 0% of fees whereas it is totally false, you mine at a rate of 3% their own block, their pools one of the least profitable and the real miners know very well that the pps + pools are the worst for loyal miners

That is simply not true. As we've already explained to you in chat as well — the 3% pool fee is completely optional. It serves as an alternative payment method for Hive OS for Paid Accounts. You can either top up your funds with crypto as it's always been the case or you can enable the OPTIONAL 3% pool dev fee — which automatically handles the cost/payments of the workers on HiveOn. This isn't a secret, we haven't been hiding this and it's pretty much very well documented on all our Payment FAQ articles.

> They are not transparent at all and when we ask them for information, we are insulted.

We've been nothing but transparent throughout — Well before MEV was implemented and well afterward too. We've made announcements on all our social mediums. Almost ALL pools out there that support MEV take a share of it, it's not news to anyone. We payout 90% of MEV rewards to miners that was well communicated during implementation and has never been a secret anywhere.

If you have any other questions or misunderstandings please contact our support, we work 24/7 hours.

You say you are transparent but on most pages so your site tells you 0% Fee but you remain the least profitable pool.
Do you want me to take a test and approve my words again?

Regarding MEV it's just not normal you say everyone takes costs but between 1% and you + 10% we are far from the 0% fee pool I remind you that it is the minors' share that must logically compensate for the lack to gain from the London update but also you drew from our income.

if I look at profitability 7/8 August 2021:

Hiveon: 0.03* ETH / 24 hours
All pools, even ethermine, are at 0.4* ETH over 24 hours
we still have à 30$ difference over 24 hours

And the problem is that it is like that every day, you are never the most profitable pool
may be a technical problem, pps+ is not the best protocol for profitability, why not add pplns or d-pplns ?

but the question of profitability is not really there, we are talking about visual transparency.
You say "FREE" and it really isn't.

Unfortunately nobody on the poster on his site that you take a M.E.V percentage if I had not said here nobody knows

HiveON: 3% Fee* + 10% MEV
Ethermine: 1% Fee + 20% MEV
Flexpool: 0.5% Fee + 10% MEV

the others are either less than 1% except nanopool which does not take since it is not MEV compatible

Where are the hashrate stats of the pool? And your API ??

if you say you are so transparent?

I therefore invite the miners and especially since the London update to maximize their profit by even comparing the pools
To check well between what it displays on their site and to divide to fall into the marketing relentlessness of youtubers who are paid to promote the pools.

If we have any questions you invite us to send you emails? or come in private but why not put them in public here
Here is worth message remains that on telegram you deleted them when it annoys you!

I am not here to say that X or Y pool is not good, but I ask for more transparency of the pools, because keep in mind nothing is free.
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 10:10:58 AM

Here is one thing i still don't understand about hive OS, they don't update their drivers even when a new version of hive OS is out, why? There are stubborn GPUs like 3070 that failed to work on 460.35 Nvidia drivers but in the latest hiveOS it's not updated, this is pure laziness

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
TiasJ

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 08:41:39 AM

Here is one thing i still don't understand about hive OS, they don't update their drivers even when a new version of hive OS is out, why? There are stubborn GPUs like 3070 that failed to work on 460.35 Nvidia drivers but in the latest hiveOS it's not updated, this is pure laziness

Uhm, you do realize the latest stable image (available since July 16th) comes with Nvidia drivers: v460.84, right?
Widely tested drivers are opt for for good reason and it has nothing to do with "pure laziness".
TiasJ

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 08:52:16 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2021, 09:22:00 AM by TiasJ

Hello!

You say you are transparent but on most pages so your site tells you 0% Fee but you remain the least profitable pool.
Do you want me to take a test and approve my words again?

Regarding MEV it's just not normal you say everyone takes costs but between 1% and you + 10% we are far from the 0% fee pool I remind you that it is the minors' share that must logically compensate for the lack to gain from the London update but also you drew from our income.

if I look at profitability 7/8 August 2021:

Hiveon: 0.03* ETH / 24 hours
All pools, even ethermine, are at 0.4* ETH over 24 hours
we still have à 30$ difference over 24 hours

And the problem is that it is like that every day, you are never the most profitable pool
may be a technical problem, pps+ is not the best protocol for profitability, why not add pplns or d-pplns ?

but the question of profitability is not really there, we are talking about visual transparency.
You say "FREE" and it really isn't.

Unfortunately nobody on the poster on his site that you take a M.E.V percentage if I had not said here nobody knows

HiveON: 3% Fee* + 10% MEV
Ethermine: 1% Fee + 20% MEV
Flexpool: 0.5% Fee + 10% MEV

the others are either less than 1% except nanopool which does not take since it is not MEV compatible

Where are the hashrate stats of the pool? And your API ??

if you say you are so transparent?

I therefore invite the miners and especially since the London update to maximize their profit by even comparing the pools
To check well between what it displays on their site and to divide to fall into the marketing relentlessness of youtubers who are paid to promote the pools.

If we have any questions you invite us to send you emails? or come in private but why not put them in public here
Here is worth message remains that on telegram you deleted them when it annoys you!

I am not here to say that X or Y pool is not good, but I ask for more transparency of the pools, because keep in mind nothing is free.

I guess an entire channel trying to explain things to you didn't do the trick, then?

1. (For maybe the 76th time already, too) Hiveon Pool has 0% fees. The 3% you keep (so fondly) mentioning is completely optional. And it is set in place for PAID CUSTOMERS that rather opt for automatic payments instead of constantly having to top up their Hive OS account funds. The optional 3% instead of 3$ for each worker, can be enabled/disabled in your farm's Billing tab. Goes without saying that it only applies once enabled (so it won't account for any outstanding negative balances) and only for workers actually mining on Hiveon (so you can't pay for workers mining on other pools with it).

We have a TON of articles, Billing FAQs, Payment FAQs, etcetc. That are VERY clear on this. So perhaps it would be best you check and actually READ them before going into your baseless little rants again.
Pricing Page: https://hiveos.farm/pricing
Billing FAQ: https://forum.hiveos.farm/t/billing/
Hive OS Billing updates: https://medium.com/hiveon/hiveon-pool-important-updates-cd4f1be00f0a
Payment FAQ: https://forum.hiveos.farm/t/payments-faq-coinpayments/3537

2. You're obviously a little dated with your information as we've been distributing 100% MEV rewards since the London Fork: https://t.me/minershive/1410 .

3. To summarize;

* Hiveon has 0% pool fees (unless you manually opt for the 3% as explained above).
* Hiveon covers transaction costs (as it also did before the fork too).
* Hiveon distributes 100% MEV rewards to miners(was 90% before the London Fork: https://t.me/minershive/1302).

And I wholeheartedly suggest you inform yourself on how pools actually work. If you're going to attempt to do comparisons, you should at least try to do them evenly split (preferably from the same worker), at the exact same time, for an extensive amount of time (we're not talking mere days here).

On average, there's little to no difference in profits when it comes to the largest pools. You're talking about constant and derivative variables which shift any and each way consistently. Today pool X has the upper hand, tomorrow pool Y, the day after, pool Z overall the differences are negligible long-term.

So my general advice is to stick to where you are whether it's hiveon or any other pool. These constant debates on what and where the profitability is at its highest is a load of biased bullshit half the time, and the other half based on ridiculous measurements and stats that are as accurate as pulling them from thin air would be.

If there was one single pool that had the highest profitability out there - consistently too, everyone would be (obviously) mining on it.

"Where are the hashrate stats of the pool? And your API ??"
1. Pool hashrate is on the hiveon.net mainpage...
2. Our API is obviously not hidden since most "comparing" sites - some you even use in your posts, uses it.

EDIT:
* "Suspicious Links" above due to bitly.
* added announcement links for MEV and London Fork.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: