Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:37:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to fix dead GPUs  (Read 253 times)
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 10:07:30 PM
Merited by safar1980 (2)

to send it to a qualified person out of my country will cost me much money
is there no local repairer on your area? where do you live? if you're in us or europe i don't think you have to send it overseas. maybe you just need to buy some parts from overseas, if there is no parts around you.
No there isn't, I'm from Africa and around me there is no expert at all, they mostly don't even know what GPU is and those who knew what GPU is are the sellers, imagine sending the GPU overseas to get repaired when waybill is insanely high
I am an engineer, but I have never tried to fix GPUs.
No technical documentation
A blown fuse is a case of 1 in 1000
We need spare parts that need to be taken from donors, we need experience and equipment.
Even my fellow craftsmen prefer not to repair video cards, but to make laptops and TVs, because it is more profitable.
You have probably seen a lot of videos where the master repairs 1 video card in 30 minutes, but in practice he does not repair a lot of video cards, because their repair is impractical.
When testing a faulty video card, you risk burning your motherboard.
64dimensions

Activity: 578
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 22, 2021, 03:01:53 AM

is there no local repairer on your area? where do you live? if you're in us or europe i don't think you have to send it overseas. maybe you just need to buy some parts from overseas, if there is no parts around you.
No there isn't, I'm from Africa and around me there is no expert at all, they mostly don't even know what GPU is and those who knew what GPU is are the sellers, imagine sending the GPU overseas to get repaired when waybill is insanely high

I think you have two options:

A) Risky: Go on youtube and absorb all the videos on graphics card repair. If you are lucky they may have your card. There is a set of tools that GPU repair dweebs use.

B) Conservative. Extract remaining value out of this card by selling it as a not working card on some sort of EBAY. US EBAY probably has about 10 guys who buy non working graphics cards. I suspect China and Russia have the same demand

BR
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 22, 2021, 04:26:46 PM

I think you have two options:

A) Risky: Go on youtube and absorb all the videos on graphics card repair. If you are lucky they may have your card. There is a set of tools that GPU repair dweebs use.

B) Conservative. Extract remaining value out of this card by selling it as a not working card on some sort of EBAY. US EBAY probably has about 10 guys who buy non working graphics cards. I suspect China and Russia have the same demand

BR
For 2 pages of discussion, it is not clear which video cards are being repaired.
Initial diagnostics will require a soldering station for at least $ 50 if the user knows how to solder.
Because other elements cannot be checked until they are removed from the video card.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: