Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:24:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why not fix Bitcoin directly?  (Read 255 times)
Saidasun

Activity: 334
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 19, 2021, 06:02:35 PM

newbie average joe just getting into crypto why would they go full node? if they are being told the way forward is microchannel altnets
To reverse the question back onto you why did you decide to run a node when you were a newbie? There is not many incentives to run a node other than to contribute to the security of the network and people still do it. While I do think it would probably be moved over to exchanges offering channels like you say but I think there will still be an appeal of users of Bitcoin doing it too just because they would be doing it themselves and not a third party.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
July 19, 2021, 06:40:57 PM
Merited by Saidasun (1)

back then there were no lite wallets. it was either store funds in an exchange (stupid idea) or use something like blockchain.info (back then they had bugs) or for best privkey storage and security. be a full node
there were no ledger devices, no phone apps

so the main option was to be a full node.

but now people dont need to be. most just use phone apps and ledger devices.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Saidasun

Activity: 334
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 19, 2021, 06:48:54 PM

back then there were no lite wallets. it was either store funds in an exchange (stupid idea) or use something like blockchain.info (back then they had bugs) o0r for best privkey storage and securty. be a full node

Lets say you are new and you just got into Bitcoin with all the additional options available would you choose one of those over running a node yourself? I feel like you are saying people would choose the easiest option but I would prefer to run my own node and I am sure that you would too. Its not like you have made the change and are now using something else.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
July 19, 2021, 06:53:47 PM

back then there were no lite wallets. it was either store funds in an exchange (stupid idea) or use something like blockchain.info (back then they had bugs) o0r for best privkey storage and securty. be a full node

Lets say you are new and you just got into Bitcoin with all the additional options available would you choose one of those over running a node yourself? I feel like you are saying people would choose the easiest option but I would prefer to run my own node and I am sure that you would too. Its not like you have made the change and are now using something else.

actually i do use my own home-made lite wallet aswell.. its just a transaction creator and pusher to the network.

point is.
think common sense, logic and practical real life
if someone is new to bitcoin. well lets use paypal..
if paypal offered their own lite free app. or a desktop software that required days to download data. and wasnt great at just letting you just make a transaction from the first 10 minutes.. would you prefer the lengthy way.

yes being a full node has some security. but practically average joe(non nerds) wont care about the technical bits. they just want to get on and spend

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 19, 2021, 08:57:16 PM

When Satoshi Nakamoto first proposed Bitcoin, the first public criticism it received was around its scalability potential. Fast forward to 2021, and according to many supporters and doubters, scalability is still Bitcoin's biggest problem.

However, with the rise of institutional interest and technology, a solution to the above-mentioned problems was proposed, called the Lightning Network.
The Lightning Network solves the scalability of Bitcoin as a secure off-chain settlement. Why not fix Bitcoin directly?
Any changes in the functionality of bitcoin are now very difficult to implement in practice, even if the need for such changes is obvious. Bitcoin does not have its own cohesive team, as, for example, in ethereum. It is very difficult for his disparate groups to come to a consensus. This makes it very difficult to update. There have been many attempts to increase the scalability of bitcoin. However, this has not led to anything yet.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: