Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:30:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY 20 BTC] Graphics Artist - Client logo and icons needed  (Read 2626 times)
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 10:23:42 PM

I am working on new client software, to be called BitcoinArmory.  But I am terrible at creating logos or graphics of any kind.  Hoping that someone on the forums here could do it for a few BTC.    First and foremost, I need a logo.  Security is a primary feature of the client, so a logo that has a lock, or treasure chest, or something like that.  It should be a serious logo, not cartoony.  I will pay 2 BTC for any serious attempts at a logo, even if I end up rejecting it.  15 BTC for a good one that I actually like and will use in the software.  If it's really good, I'll throw in an extra 5 BTC bonus.   

I will also need some icons for buttons, etc.  Unfortunately, I'm not entirely clear yet what kinds of icons I will need, but anything that you think should go in a client, I'll pay 1 BTC for a 64x64 icon if it gets included in the client software.  I'll post more specific requests for this as I start developing the interface.

Please PM me if you are interested.

DISCLAIMER:  By submitting images to me based on this post, you are giving up all rights to those images, and they will be considered part of my property/copyright.  None of the images will be used in the actual software unless you have received the 15+ BTC bounty for a logo, or 1 BTC for an icon.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 10:33:16 PM

I have a couple ideas for a logo. If I can find some time tonight, I might have a shot at one.  What are your size requirements for the main logo?

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 10:39:27 PM

Good question... I haven't even thought about that. 
I suspect that aspect may be more important than actual pixel-size... I'd hope that the pixel-size is big enough to meet the maximum size I'd need (probably for a webpage), the question is more height-to-width ratio.  I would think something like 1000x250 would be the maximum I would need, ever and the 4:1 aspect is probably ideal for a webpage.   I guess anything more square than that might not be easy to include in clients and webpages...

Recommendations are welcome.

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
btc_artist

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 10:54:04 PM

Okay.  4:1 aspect ratio sounds pretty good for a website.  Probably 400 pixels wide would be good, but that detail would depend on the page design and layout.  Thanks.

LankySwagBLog

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 01:48:12 PM

I might ask my friend to take a shot at this.

I'll let you know.
btc_artist

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2011, 07:06:57 PM

etotheipi, I'm working on one idea I have.  I'll post it as soon as I have something, to see what you think.

btc_artist

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2011, 05:11:22 AM

I played around with this for awhile and generated three different variations on the idea I had.  I put the samples on different backgrounds (and transparent) so you could get a feel for what it might look like.  The shapes, colors, and font can all be adjusted.  I can also make the overall image larger or smaller, in fact, this is a scaled-down version of the original.

I also thought a favicon using the yellow/gold oval with the "BA" in it would look sharp as well.  Let me know what you think.

Transparent background:

White background:

Light blue background:

etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2011, 05:23:31 AM

Hi btc_artist,

I really like the gist of the design, and you definitely deserve a few BTC for it.  I assume I should use the address in your signature?

Two things:
(1) While I know an "armory" would typically be "bigger", I really like the idea of having the building with less aspect-ratio, so that it will also fit nicely as a desktop/window icon.  Of course, that would probably break the symmetry of it, but I think the ability to iconify the non-text part of the logo is a huge benefit for my "brand."
(2)  It's really minor, but do you have any other ideas for font?   I actually like this one, but I'd also like a few others choices. 

I will wait for a few other submissions before picking one (and thus sending anyone the bounty), since I still have some time before I finish my first release. 
Thanks!
-Eto

legolouman

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
December 04, 2011, 05:49:29 AM

Can I try only an icon? I'm pretty good at pixel art, so a 64x64 might not be too bad.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2011, 06:06:34 AM

Can I try only an icon? I'm pretty good at pixel art, so a 64x64 might not be too bad.

By all means, I just don't know yet what icons I will need until I start laying out the UI.  However, I'll probably need stuff like send-button, money-recieved icon, money-sent icon, locks for encrypted/locked wallets.   "please wait" icon.   (I really don't like the 0.5.0 icons).

Is 64x64 a good icon size?  Could there be a problem with scaling down to a smaller size?  Perhaps, try scaling your 64x64 down to 24x24 and see if it still looks good.  If not, maybe make provide a good-looking smaller one along with it?  I'll throw in an extra 0.2 BTC for that Smiley

legolouman

Activity: 504

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
December 04, 2011, 06:25:37 AM

By all means, I just don't know yet what icons I will need until I start laying out the UI.  However, I'll probably need stuff like send-button, money-recieved icon, money-sent icon, locks for encrypted/locked wallets.   "please wait" icon.   (I really don't like the 0.5.0 icons).

Is 64x64 a good icon size?  Could there be a problem with scaling down to a smaller size?  Perhaps, try scaling your 64x64 down to 24x24 and see if it still looks good.  If not, maybe make provide a good-looking smaller one along with it?  I'll throw in an extra 0.2 BTC for that Smiley

I don't see why 64x64 wouldn't make a good icon size. I'll come up with a few, along with a few smaller button type things. If any of them turn out like I'm hoping, I'll post em!

Also note, the smaller the icon, the better I'm going to be at it. By pixel art, I'm talking like 16x16 is what I'm used to. With that said, this will be more of a try and go, you might not hear back from me immediately. I also have to agree that .5 in general was a fail. I don't like the icons, it makes the coinage factor seem less important.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
btc_artist

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2011, 01:31:15 PM

Hi btc_artist,

I really like the gist of the design, and you definitely deserve a few BTC for it.  I assume I should use the address in your signature?

Two things:
(1) While I know an "armory" would typically be "bigger", I really like the idea of having the building with less aspect-ratio, so that it will also fit nicely as a desktop/window icon.  Of course, that would probably break the symmetry of it, but I think the ability to iconify the non-text part of the logo is a huge benefit for my "brand."
(2)  It's really minor, but do you have any other ideas for font?   I actually like this one, but I'd also like a few others choices. 

I will wait for a few other submissions before picking one (and thus sending anyone the bounty), since I still have some time before I finish my first release. 
Thanks!
-Eto
The address in my signature is fine if/when you want to send a tip.

I will take a stab at making a square icon/logo based on the same armory/building idea. Hopefully something that could be used as a desktop/window icon and as a logo on the website.  I will also play with some other options for font and post some samples here.

As for program icons themselves, have you considered pulling icons from one of the free icons sets out there? For example:

Fugue: http://p.yusukekamiyamane.com/
FamFamFam: http://www.famfamfam.com/

etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2011, 05:42:39 PM

2 BTC sent!    

One idea my girlfriend just came up with was a shield with a "BA" in it in appropriate 12th century font:

Code:
-------
| B   |
|   A |
-------

(except inside a shield instead of a square)  I kind of like the idea, and it fits the name pretty well too.  I noticed that such a think might fit well on the top of your building instead of a circle.  Or perhaps the shield could be the logo itself.  It could even be planted in a pile of money/BTC...?  Just rambling at this point...

I should've known to go looking for free icons.  Those links are perfect.  I still wouldn't mind a few specialized ones (and pay for them, too), but it does seem that most of what I need should be there...

Thanks!  And keep the ideas rolling.  

btc_artist

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2011, 08:22:15 PM

Thank you for the coins.

The shield idea is good. I will create a design or two based on that idea, as well as the afore mentioned modifications to my first idea to see what you think of them.

bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 07:48:19 PM

Hello etotheipi,

I messed around a bit and come up with this:

You can click it to see a larger image. Basically its a concrete-looking padlock with keyhole is shaped like the bitcoin symbol. The text is spiky (like bard wire, thorns, etc) to give an added sense of protection. Let me know if you like it or think of any modifications, etc.

If this has been useful to you:
1Mb8jENnC1FfdxEE6L21Y28keHXShTve5Q
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 07:59:25 PM

Hello etotheipi,

I messed around a bit and come up with this:

You can click it to see a larger image. Basically its a concrete-looking padlock with keyhole is shaped like the bitcoin symbol. The text is spiky (like bard wire, thorns, etc) to give an added sense of protection. Let me know if you like it or think of any modifications, etc.

If this has been useful to you:
1Mb8jENnC1FfdxEE6L21Y28keHXShTve5Q

Hi bitcoinbitcoin113,

I like the idea, but there's something about your specific design that isn't sitting right with me.  Perhaps the lock is too big and text too small...?    Or maybe it's the gold Bitcoin on top of the padlock.  Perhaps if it looked like a regular padlock, but with a distinguishable (non-gold) BTC keyhole, that would sit better with me.  Though it might be tough to get such a thing to look right...

I think this kind of logo (with the name as part of the graphic) nice to have, but I'd prefer to also have a logo that has the "BitcoinArmory" outside, next to the graphic (like btc_artist has).  If I had both, that would be good/versatile, but I think I definitely need the version with big text next to the graphic.

Thanks for the attempt:  2 BTC sent!

bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 08:07:58 PM

Ok, I will be busy tonight, but post a modified image in the next couple days. Thanks for the feedback and coins.
btc_artist

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 09:23:03 PM

I did some work on the shield idea you had.  Here is the result.  Let me know what you think.  Again, pretty much everything here can be adjusted if you want different colors/fonts, etc.

btc_artist

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2011, 09:33:49 PM

Here are a couple more variations on the same theme:

evoorhees