Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:46:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heartbreaking GPU order  (Read 161 times)
Looper_U (OP)

Activity: 369
Merit: 16

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 22, 2021, 03:45:33 PM

Some online stores are crazy, I ordered for some gtx1660 and after waiting for three weeks I was happy to get my parcel and guess what? All the cards are brand new gtx1650, I was so disappointed not because if the wrong cards actually because I'm sure I'd get a refund but for the time wasted, trying to build rigs and wasted a month just for shopping cards is pain 😭😭😭😭

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1055

View Profile
July 22, 2021, 04:06:02 PM

It looks like a scam and not a mistake.
If the accompanying documentation indicates gtx1660 video cards and gtx1650 in the package, then you are entitled to compensation, because the price of gtx1660 video cards has dropped, and you have to wait at least 21 more days.
I hope you found this error before signing the receipt of the goods.
Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 22, 2021, 05:15:28 PM

So the seller posted gtx1660 and you end up getting gtx1650? What kind of mistake is that lol? This is clear scam mate probably the seller is thinking you won't know the difference or it's a boy that ordered for the cards? Send the cards back and close any future deals with such supplier cos they can't be trusted

Gorosden

Activity: 518
Merit: 30

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 23, 2021, 08:22:38 AM

That's a scam  Angry

Same thing happened to me on AliExpress year ago, I was so mad that I can't even afford to send the GPU back, since then I stopped using nearest post services to receive my orders, using logistics is easier just send the item back if it's not what you ordered for without stressing yourself

anu1908

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 23, 2021, 10:54:06 AM

where did you buy it? hopefully it's not from shady store or private store. if that's the case, the chance of getting back your money or get another product is close to none. i suggest you to at least use a reputable third-party such as amazon to prevent being scammed like this. don't use wish or something similar, there's a ton of negative experiences there.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
July 24, 2021, 03:35:31 AM

I am pretty sure he bought it from a legit online store like Newegg. If he was to get scammed they would of scammed him right away and shipped the wrong products the next day instead of waiting 21 days.

I am guessing since 1660 can easily be mistaken for 1650, some new personnel packaged the wrong products at the warehouse. What is strange is usually in these large warehouses before you package a product you need to scan the barcode first and strange why they didn't do that as it would of revealed the error.

Either way, a pretty bad way to get your hopes up. You think you finally got the GPUs, open the box and discover its the wrong model.

Refrumatrix

Activity: 301
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 24, 2021, 07:30:44 AM

It's intentionally, I've ordered for some GPUs online through my agent in China and he always send me screenshot first and when the goods get shipped it's always what he sent me in the pictures, if you want to keep buying GPUs find a trusted personal that can make sure you always get the right items

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: