Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:44:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: There are three kinds of people in the Bitcoin world  (Read 754 times)
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 07:57:22 AM

There are three kinds of people in the Bitcoin world, idealists, opportunists and faithists.

• Idealist
    Many early Bitcoin participants were mostly idealists, and they hoped to get a lot of benefits through Bitcoin. But many idealists have not persisted until now. After holding the currency for a period of time, they have not seen more benefits in the currency circle. They chose to withdraw due to their own greed.
never call greed those people who once keep the bitcoin on hold, how can they be greedy when they keep it for years?

this is not greed but practicality as they have seen the profit they wanted and get it down.

• opportunist
    They prefer the volatility of Bitcoin prices and find opportunities to buy Bitcoin at low prices by analyzing market price fluctuations. When they see a opportunity in the market, they want to realize the freedom of wealth quickly

lol, these people called RISK TAKER , because they are risking their money without any assurance . not opportunist .

• Faithist
    They stick to their beliefs, believe in Bitcoin, and as long as they buy Bitcoin, they are willing to bear its risk. When the price of Bitcoin falls, they will not panic the market and choose to sell, but think it is a good opportunity to buy at a low price.

I think there are more Bitcoin opportunists in the forum. What is your opinion on this? Which one do you think you are?
you are just creating your own words because this has been called up for years now, and they are what we called "HODLERS"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
XUNing

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 08:51:55 AM
Merited by Symmetrick (1)

I am more inclined to opportunists and believers.
When the market pullback is really active and the price is rising through market analysis, I will choose short-term trading. Through short-term small transactions, thereby reducing risks and obtaining greater profits.
I will also invest part of the funds in promising projects by analyzing various indicators of the crypto market, and then no matter how the price changes, I will choose to continue holding at the right time and obtain long-term profits. Although this requires a lot of time and money, it does bring advantages in the end.
Wong Gendheng

Activity: 1428
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 09:47:35 AM

There are three kinds of people in the Bitcoin world, idealists, opportunists and faithists.

• Idealist
    Many early Bitcoin participants were mostly idealists, and they hoped to get a lot of benefits through Bitcoin. But many idealists have not persisted until now. After holding the currency for a period of time, they have not seen more benefits in the currency circle. They chose to withdraw due to their own greed.
  • opportunist
    They prefer the volatility of Bitcoin prices and find opportunities to buy Bitcoin at low prices by analyzing market price fluctuations. When they see a opportunity in the market, they want to realize the freedom of wealth quickly
  • Faithist
    They stick to their beliefs, believe in Bitcoin, and as long as they buy Bitcoin, they are willing to bear its risk. When the price of Bitcoin falls, they will not panic the market and choose to sell, but think it is a good opportunity to buy at a low price.

I think there are more Bitcoin opportunists in the forum. What is your opinion on this? Which one do you think you are?
I think that at one point or another we have been all of these three kind of people, but maybe you are forgetting about the traders who don't care about the bitcoin as an idea they only see it as a volatile asset and a way to make profit, and as soon as they see the prices falling they start selling.

This type immediately panics and sells everything even though it loses, he never patiently waits for the best moment to sell bitcoin, this is of course what makes the market like a roller coaster because they are always speculating on the price.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 09:51:43 AM

I differentiate only two categories of Bitcoin users:

1.People who believe that Bitcoin and blockchain technology is the future and after X amount of years,Bitcoin will dominate the world of finance.You can call them Bitcoin maximalists.

2.People who view Bitcoin as a way to make "easy" money(by trading or HODLing),so they are into the BTC community only for the money and nothing else.
They don't care about blockchain technology,hashrate,Segwit,Taproot,sidechain projects like Lightning Network or cryptography.
They only care about the BTC price,making money and that's it.
I don't know how to call them.Maybe "greedy traders" is a good name. Grin
I agree, rather than those three types, I prefer these two lol. I guess this is really the perfect way to describe the way people behave in this. Not trying to be proud of it, but I once is that greedy trader lol. I just found bitcoin, and thought that it is such an easy money, making as many amount of money I can and then when the price fell around 2018? i left it. But now, I learned my lesson, and doesn't think that way anymore. I learn more value in bitcoin rather than easy money, in the blockchain technology, and others. I try to learn and learn more now, not thinking about the money and profit anymore.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2021, 10:23:08 AM

I will add another one in the list.

FUD-dist = these are the people who don't have any objective in the Bitcoin world but to spread some negative news, FUDS and other bad things in the internet. We've seen many users here too that are sharing only the negative things about Bitcoin because they don't like it.

Overall, the 3 kinds of people are relatively applicable towards us investors but there are still some who prefer to be a negative one like what I said Cheesy.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
rosebrand

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 10:54:46 AM

I think I fall in the category of the opportunitist, ever since I knew about bitcoin my sole aim was always to buy low and sell high, tho i still believe that bitcoin someday will be bigger than the way it is that's why am still keeping a portion of it for the long term, everybody's aim is to make profits so many people will fall under this category, well there are other categories as well not just this three, there are some people who does the opposite, buy at the top and sell at the bottom.

sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 05:27:54 PM

• Idealist
  • opportunist
  • Faithist

Considering the massive growth of people investing on bitcoin, for sure there are more than three types of people in the bitcoin world. If I were to identify myself on the types you've mentioned, I would consider myself as to having the three of it. Not because I am trying to lift up myself but because have the mindset of the three is necessary in achieving success in your investment. If you are going to consider yourself as only one of those, there's a chance that as you end up leaving behind the others, you won't be able to make the most of your bitcoin investment. You are free to choose what you do but you shouldn't limit yourself on what else you can do to further enhance your performance.
terrorJR

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 05:46:37 PM

Currently most investors consider bitcoin as a very profitable asset with price fluctuations that can provide profits.

But not everyone panics when the price starts to drop and sells it. People who panic when the price of bitcoin drops are those who are still beginners and have not yet formed a strong psychology. if it continues to go down do analysis and buy deep will give you a bigger profit. those who panic are just wasting money for nothing.
essentially the experience that sets it all apart.
because if I look from your point of view it refers to the experience of everyone who has been here.
and this is very concrete when a lot of people who did panic sell a few weeks ago due to fud and slanted news that happened of course mostly are beginners and people who follow the existing hype.
it's good to follow the information and the flow of what is happening in the market both in bullish and bearish but for mental, experience and hodl are the things that make the difference. because the average experienced person in which there are those who have felt the same way in 2017 they will be calm and remain confident in their btc hodling so they don't have to worry about the market happening

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 09:03:01 PM

Indeed, the reality is like that where only experienced and knowledgeable investors are able to get big profits from Bitcoin. Because indeed knowledge
and experience are important factors that can prevent us from panicking at the volatile Bitcoin price. If we panic and sell Bitcoin before the selling
target is reached, it's just a waste of money, because the big profit we want will not be achieved. Why are so many successful investors suggesting
that beginners should learn a lot about Bitcoin first, before deciding to invest in Bitcoin, that's because so as not to panic seeing the price of Bitcoin
which sometimes drops suddenly.
Those who panic also have several reasons. one of them is because the capital they have has run out and can no longer do buybacks. This is why it is important to carry out capital management so as not to get caught in an unwanted situation.
people who panic about using their money not wisely, trade by risking all their money in one place.
Do good management to overcome panic and learn basic trading to know market movements properly.
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2021, 10:01:54 PM

~snip~
Those who panic also have several reasons. one of them is because the capital they have has run out and can no longer do buybacks. This is why it is important to carry out capital management so as not to get caught in an unwanted situation.
people who panic about using their money not wisely, trade by risking all their money in one place.
Do good management to overcome panic and learn basic trading to know market movements properly.

Weak hands who panics during the dip doesn't necessarily need to have complex analysis or some capital management.
What they need is to understand what they have invested for.
They need to understand Bitcoin and it's volatile nature.
If the price decline, you'll gonna be fine as long you're not selling below your buying range.
Panic sellers are usually those who wants to make quick buck and take advantage of Bitcoin's volatility, so most probably they don't have good trading strategies.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████