Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:48:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is key to the future of Twitter, Jack Dorsey says  (Read 438 times)
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 09:03:26 PM

There are already decentralized versions of twitter like Mastodon. How is Twitter planning to go decentralized without losing their power to ban people? Because you can't have both at the same time. And adding Bitcoin to twitter sounds very exciting for us Bitcoiners, but I'm sure most of the twitter users will not care and will not use these features.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 10:20:52 PM

I am very happy to see people that support Bitcoin, I have been reading lately about the Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey. Not more than few days ago that Jack Dorsey said Square is building a new division that will focus on building decentralized finance (DeFi) services that utilize the Bitcoin network. He believes in Bitcoin and how it can be the native coin of Twitter.

Referring to Bitcoin as a native currency of the internet, Dorsey described opportunities to integrate BTC into existing Twitter services including commerce, subscriptions and new features such as Twitter Tip Jar and Super Follows.

The CEO explained to investors that a lot of Bitcoin-enabled innovation is “above just currency to be had,” as Twitter is committed to decentralize social media and provide more economic incentives. He noted that Bitcoin is one of three key trends for Twitter’s future alongside artificial intelligence and decentralization. “I think it’s hugely important to Twitter and to Twitter shareholders that we continue to look at the space and invest aggressively in it,” he said.

Dorsey emphasized that Twitter is not alone in its commitment to crypto, citing aggressive digital currency development by social media giant Facebook, which expects to pilot its Diem cryptocurrency later this year. But unlike Facebook, Twitter will one day focus on BTC as a native internet open standard. Dorsey stated:

“There’s an obvious need for this and appreciation for it. And I think that an open standard that’s native to the internet is the right way to go, which is why my focus and our focus eventually will be on Bitcoin.”

This is one of the man in the world that believe in decentralization and appreciative design of Bitcoin.

Just by seeing those people supporting bitcoin makes us feel safe and happy. They bring great influence considering how big of an individual they are. Sooner or later, as more people gets to know about bitcoin and end up trying it, we will see how much dominance bitcoin will have over fiat currencies. For sure, these people have some plans with crypto up their sleeves and it is for us too choose if we'll ride together with them as they bring it to the moon or choose not to believe because there will still be probabilities that they will soon do something that will bring bitcoin down.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 05, 2021, 05:49:45 AM

This is interesting to read, I do not really use social media because quite honestly I really think that a lot of people waste a great deal of their time there, however if your observation that a great deal of the interest that comes to this market comes from Twitter and other social media platforms is right then it is important that we got the support from those platforms and at least in the case of Twitter it seems this is the case, let's just hope that this continues to be the case.

It is up to the individual to decide where they want to spend their time. A few years back, I used to spend 2-3 hours every day in Facebook. But then I realized that it wastes a lot of time and then I deleted the account. The only social media platforms that I use right now are Twitter and Linkedin. I use Twitter because it is possible to get uncensored news, without any bias. The mainstream media can no longer be relied because of their bias and censorship. There are hundreds of millions who share my views. So if Dorsey takes a positive view about Bitcoin, then it will have a big impact.
seramania

Activity: 827
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2021, 07:45:02 AM

I read some articles some time ago if jack dorskey became one of the people who support crypto. It can be seen now that every crypto project always uses Twitter as a media campaign. I see as if twitter allows crypto to enter on their social media and twitter supports it.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
August 05, 2021, 07:51:40 AM

There are already decentralized versions of twitter like Mastodon. How is Twitter planning to go decentralized without losing their power to ban people? Because you can't have both at the same time. And adding Bitcoin to twitter sounds very exciting for us Bitcoiners, but I'm sure most of the twitter users will not care and will not use these features.
I don't know if people are going to go away from Twitter anytime soon, I mean these people have been on the platform for so long and Twitter has been on the Internet for a long time now to the point that they become a staple when social media is being mentioned.
Princejebs

Activity: 560
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 09:41:39 PM

I read some articles some time ago if jack dorskey became one of the people who support crypto. It can be seen now that every crypto project always uses Twitter as a media campaign. I see as if twitter allows crypto to enter on their social media and twitter supports it.

That's because twitter has a lots of influencials and successful individuals who are business tycoon and open minded people. They don't like any other apps that's because twitter is leading for now and that's perhaps the reason why everyone is always in that app.
Elon musk ones doesn't like bitcoin but today, he and SpaceX hold bitcoin, not just that but also a man of meme coins.
Kusman

Activity: 756
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 10, 2021, 10:17:09 PM

People like Elon Musk and Jack Dorsey support Bitcoin when they have benefits for themselves or their companies. But Jack Dorsey already made it clear that Bitcoin is going to be great for Twitter in the future. He doesn't intend to conceal his real goals.

Anyway, this will still help Bitcoin a great deal. As people start supporting Bitcoin more, Bitcoin will continue to develop also.

██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄       BYBIT │ reddit       ▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██
   Sports & Derivatives Trading        Mobile App for iPhone & Android
   24/7 Customer Support        NFT Marketplace        Launchpad/Launchpool
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: