Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:20:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bear market mining  (Read 285 times)
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2232

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 12:32:22 AM

There are people who mined at a loss for entire 2018 and 2019 and they haven't sold anything until ETH reached ATH again and they made a killing pretty much. However most miners won't do that because they are more concerned with the short term profit rather the long term profits.

Most miners are not investors. They need to pay for electricity and buy modern video cards, ASICs or other mining equipment, so they often cash out their coins as soon as possible in order to cover the costs. In a bear market, only those miners who have access to a cheap power outlet survive.

When the bulls are running, there are usually many new miners joining the mining pools to make additional profits, so the mining difficulty increases significantly. When the market turns around and the bears are running, miners compete fiercely with each other until the coin price and the mining difficulty reach a new balance.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 03:07:00 AM

There are people who mined at a loss for entire 2018 and 2019 and they haven't sold anything until ETH reached ATH again and they made a killing pretty much. However most miners won't do that because they are more concerned with the short term profit rather the long term profits.

Most miners are not investors. They need to pay for electricity and buy modern video cards, ASICs or other mining equipment, so they often cash out their coins as soon as possible in order to cover the costs. In a bear market, only those miners who have access to a cheap power outlet survive.

When the bulls are running, there are usually many new miners joining the mining pools to make additional profits, so the mining difficulty increases significantly. When the market turns around and the bears are running, miners compete fiercely with each other until the coin price and the mining difficulty reach a new balance.

I think most retail miners are this way. However most of the larger Chinese farms they usually hold their mined coins and if you look at those graphs that show when miners liquidate their coins its usually when the market is rising and never when the market is falling.

Its not smart to mine at a near breakeven and sell to pay for electrical and make almost nothing. You should just mine at a slight loss if you believe in the future of ETH or crypto and hold it. This is why many just stop mining then because they never think it will resume and go to ATH again.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 05:18:06 AM
Last edit: July 30, 2021, 05:28:26 AM by Metroid

Its not smart to mine at a near breakeven and sell to pay for electrical and make almost nothing. You should just mine at a slight loss if you believe in the future of ETH or crypto and hold it. This is why many just stop mining then because they never think it will resume and go to ATH again.

I don't recommend this because is uncertain that said coin will have a bullrun again, I mean not only that coin, I mean all cryptocoins, so people should be very careful about holding, digital gov coins are coming and that may as well be the end of cryptocoins in general. I always say wait for coins to crash around 95 to 99% then you buy but that is a huge risk too as I'm betting at some point the market will go up again and then I will cashout later on, profiting from it, I have no idea if it will go up at some point, this mentality in crypto is widely dispersed but one day bitcoin will not grow further anymore or may even die, everything has its limits, my point is, do not hold everything in just one bag. Do not bet on crypto 100%, 20% to 40% is perfectly fine.

Mining at loss is also something I dont recommend too as is better to just buy the coin instead of mining and all have the hassle. Also, only the people who bought gpus at the beginning of this bullrun is winning, any further attempts on buying gpus with 3 to 5x the msrp will end in pain because bear market is really bad, the coin does not go up at all, easier to go 100% lower than 20% higher and even if it goes 20% higher then it goes back 20 to 50% lower later on. ETH is a good example, how many times we have seen eth crashing from 300 usd to 100 usd and vice versa? that happened 5 times from 2018 to 2020.

Also is not easy to time the market, I missed my opportunity to sell eth at 4k as I was betting it would go to 5k then I would sell. ETH may as well go back to 4k and then 5k but I dont believe it will hit higher than 7k this time. I will sell the eth I have left once it hits 5k, that is my target, eth 2.0 is a 5k coin, eth 1.0 is still a 100 usd coin in my view. So if bitcoin hits 79k then maximum eth would get is close to 0.08 btc and then crash back to 0.015 btc, will see, this bullrun is not over yet, bear acting like bulls have just one more chance to take btc up and then crash very hard later on.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 03:42:05 PM

I don't recommend this because is uncertain that said coin will have a bullrun again, I mean not only that coin, I mean all cryptocoins, so people should be very careful about holding, digital gov coins are coming and that may as well be the end of cryptocoins in general. I always say wait for coins to crash around 95 to 99% then you buy but that is a huge risk too as I'm betting at some point the market will go up again and then I will cashout later on, profiting from it, I have no idea if it will go up at some point, this mentality in crypto is widely dispersed but one day bitcoin will not grow further anymore or may even die, everything has its limits, my point is, do not hold everything in just one bag. Do not bet on crypto 100%, 20% to 40% is perfectly fine.

Mining at loss is also something I dont recommend too as is better to just buy the coin instead of mining and all have the hassle. Also, only the people who bought gpus at the beginning of this bullrun is winning, any further attempts on buying gpus with 3 to 5x the msrp will end in pain because bear market is really bad, the coin does not go up at all, easier to go 100% lower than 20% higher and even if it goes 20% higher then it goes back 20 to 50% lower later on. ETH is a good example, how many times we have seen eth crashing from 300 usd to 100 usd and vice versa? that happened 5 times from 2018 to 2020.

Also is not easy to time the market, I missed my opportunity to sell eth at 4k as I was betting it would go to 5k then I would sell. ETH may as well go back to 4k and then 5k but I dont believe it will hit higher than 7k this time. I will sell the eth I have left once it hits 5k, that is my target, eth 2.0 is a 5k coin, eth 1.0 is still a 100 usd coin in my view. So if bitcoin hits 79k then maximum eth would get is close to 0.08 btc and then crash back to 0.015 btc, will see, this bullrun is not over yet, bear acting like bulls have just one more chance to take btc up and then crash very hard later on.
Hi Metroid.
Lately i started learning this market stuff. and found very correct timing which no body told me before.
only you need follow this main charts : BTC dominance. BTC price. Total market cap of alt coins. weekly chart most correct chart that you can trust. Im telling you guys if BTC will not hold for 2 weeks at price 43-44k then dont wait any bullrun soon. Now it is playin between 38.5k-40.5k but it is not enough to trigger bullrun again.
So what main point. Follow BTC dominance if it is uptrend then it means it is good keep your coins in BTC. when dominance starts going downtrend it means it is time convert BTC into alt coins. Total market cap will go uptrend while BTC dominance starts go downtrend. This way you know that your altcoins did not reach ATH yet. Every time like clock after BTC ATH then ETH does ATH. my max waiting from eth 2.7-3.0k right now. i hope it gets there. if eth cant hold 2.2k then it means hello 1.7-1.8k again.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
July 31, 2021, 12:17:25 AM

Hi Metroid.
Lately i started learning this market stuff. and found very correct timing which no body told me before.
only you need follow this main charts : BTC dominance. BTC price. Total market cap of alt coins. weekly chart most correct chart that you can trust. Im telling you guys if BTC will not hold for 2 weeks at price 43-44k then dont wait any bullrun soon. Now it is playin between 38.5k-40.5k but it is not enough to trigger bullrun again.
So what main point. Follow BTC dominance if it is uptrend then it means it is good keep your coins in BTC. when dominance starts going downtrend it means it is time convert BTC into alt coins. Total market cap will go uptrend while BTC dominance starts go downtrend. This way you know that your altcoins did not reach ATH yet. Every time like clock after BTC ATH then ETH does ATH. my max waiting from eth 2.7-3.0k right now. i hope it gets there. if eth cant hold 2.2k then it means hello 1.7-1.8k again.

Yeah, right now btc went to 42k which means, 79k still a reality. What i think is, bears will try to take btc again for the last time to almost 100k but it will not get to 100k, instead they will crash it before 100k, 79k has been my target even before this bullrun started and then when idiots think btc will go to 100k these bears will crash btc back to 40k and then flash crash to 9.6k then btc will rise a little to 15 to 20k and stay there for the next 4 years or so.

Even though I'm 80% sure btc will go to 79k, I'm just betting 30% because in 2014 instead of going up it went down, so this could also be a trap and the top was already found at 64k but usually tops end on 9, need to be very careful here because these bears are not bulls and they want to steal the money of idiots one last time.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: