dkbit98 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 8909
|
 |
January 25, 2024, 07:05:18 PM |
|
Can I do a feature request here?
You can, but it's better to also do it on telegram or on their social media accounts, to get quicker response. Since you are asking about that, I would like to ask for adding support for Liquid Network assets (L-BTC, L-USDT, etc) in Krux, and that would mean support for Aqua wallet. Right now as far as I know Liquid supported wallets are Jade, Ledger nano s, Specter, Aqua and Green wallet.
|
▄▄██████▄░░░▄██████▄▄ ██▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░░▀▀██ ▄▄██████▄░▄██████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄ ▄███░░░▄▄░░░█░░░▄▄░░░███▄ ▄▄▄███░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░███▄▄▄ ████████░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░████████ ██████████░░░▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀░░░██████████ ████▀▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄██████▀▀████ ▀███▄░░▀▀███████████████████▀▀░░▄███▀ ▀████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄▄████▀ ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀ ▀▀█████████████████████▀▀ | | OrangeFren | | ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ | | | | ▄▄█████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀████▄ ███▀░░░░░░░▀███ ███▀░░░▄█░░░░▀███ ███░░░░░█░░░░░███ ███▄░░░▄█▄░░░▄███ ███▄░░░░░░░▄███ ▀████▄▄▄████▀ █████████ ▐█████████▌ █████░█████ ▐████▌░▐████▌ ▀▀░▀█░░░█▀░▀▀ | | |
|
|
|
qlrd
Newbie

Activity: 1
Merit: 4
|
Hi, qlrd here (krux-installer developer). I am writing this post to share the new Krux releases: Krux v24.03.0https://github.com/selfcustody/krux/releases/tag/v24.03.0This release focuses on internal optimizations to enhance the firmware's performance, making it lighter, faster, and more reliable. These improvements not only result in a better user experience but also lay the groundwork for seamlessly integrating future features - Wipe Device (Fully erase every bit of user’s space memory)- Better Deletion of Mnemonics Stored on SD card - Save and Load Wallet Output Descriptor from SD card- Sign Messages at a Derived Bitcoin address (Attest address ownership) - Reproducible Builds (Identical firmwares built on Github or any PC)- Entropy Quality Estimation for Mnemonic Creation. - IRQ Interfaces (Better touch and buttons input response)- Restore Default Settings - Optimized Settings Storage- Amigo's Power Manager Enhancements - GUI Enhancements- Mnemonic Numbers Export - Optimized QR codes (Faster and lighter rendering)- Export QR Codes as Images to SD Card - Screensaver- Addresses Exploring Improvements - Update Embit to version 0.7- Maix Dock Simulator - New Compatible Device – Yahboom K210 Module- Join Amigo IPS and Amigo TFT firmwares - Many Other Small Fixes and Code Optimizations that make Krux morereliable and able to sign transactions with more inputs and outputs. Krux-Installer v0.0.12https://github.com/selfcustody/krux-installer/releases/tag/v0.0.12This release will follow new features of krux firmware: - Now maixpy_amigo_tft and maixpy_amigo_ips are unified as maixpy_amigo; - Added maixpy_yahboom in device list for both official and beta releases; - Added maixpy_cube in device list (only for beta releases);
|
|
|
|
|
|
Meuserna
|
 |
March 14, 2024, 07:18:03 PM Last edit: March 14, 2024, 09:22:01 PM by Meuserna |
|
The new QR viewer option for dim/bright is FANTASTIC. I haven't had time to fully test it yet, but I assume the less-bright option is going to make scanning QR codes much easier. Love it! I can't say enough good things about the work you folks are doing. I'm so glad o have found this project last year. EDIT: Ooh, I missed this: Sign Messages at a Derived Bitcoin address
Sign messages from Sparrow and Specter, via QR code, also attesting a Bitcoin address belongs to you. Love it.
|
|
|
|
selfcustodykrux
Newbie

Activity: 11
Merit: 7
|
 |
June 04, 2024, 09:13:25 PM |
|
Krux wallet is turning any M5StickV device into an airgapped hardware wallet. I knew before that M5Sticks are great for making DIY wallets like this but just now I noticed model M5StickV that is great because it has built in camera and battery, and there is no WiFi or Bluetooth connection. It is fully Open Source, written in MicroPython and it is using QR codes for communication with other devices. This is still fully functional wallet but it is still in alpha testing so please report any bugs you notice to developer or his Krux github page. Krux wallet is not generating seed words so this should be done manually offline and you can import them yourself or with QR code. Shopping list: - M5StickV ~ $30 - $50 (included with screen, camera, buttons and battery) - MicroSD card Code: - Krux Wallet github (by Jeff jreesun ) - Firmware, Requirements, Building, Installing Website with step by step installation guide: https://selfcustody.github.io/krux/For support installing, using Krux wallet or any other questions you can visit https://matrix.to/#/#krux:matrix.orgKrux Android App for testing: https://github.com/odudex/krux_binaries/tree/main/Android Use at your own risk and only store coins you are willing to lose!Hi! Any chance you can change this: For support installing, using Krux wallet or any other questions you can visit https://matrix.to/#/#krux:matrix.orgTo this: For support installing, using Krux wallet or any other questions you can visit https://t.me/SC_KruxCheers
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
satscraper
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 3022
AntiSwap.io - NO AML/KYC EXCHANGER MONITORING
|
 |
August 20, 2026, 06:03:20 AM Last edit: September 20, 2026, 02:05:59 PM by satscraper |
|
I didn't know there was an ANN thread for Krux (even if it's unofficial), but without further ado, as some of you know, in the v26.08.0 release,
The main fix in v26.08.0. is relevant to security bug where one older, discontinued device Maix Bit could have its camera-data-overflow-memory-buffer. it is now patched, and support for that device has been fully removed. My general conclusion: It is worth updating your signing devices.
|
|
|
|
Forsyth Jones
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 2303
I love Bitcoin!
|
 |
August 20, 2026, 10:51:23 PM |
|
The main fix in v26.08.0. is relevant to security bug where one older, discontinued device Maix Bit could have its camera-data-overflow-memory-buffer. it is now patched, and support for that device has been fully removed.
For a moment, I thought they were referring to the Maix Amigo (that model with the front camera), but there was another model that isn't even listed on the Krux site anymore, which is the Maix Bit. I only knew the Maix Amigo, which was the best device with Krux support I could ever known, but unfortunately, it's no longer available for purchase because the model was discontinued.  
|
|
|
|
|
Meuserna
|
 |
August 21, 2026, 01:45:40 AM |
|
The main fix in v26.08.0. is relevant to security bug where one older, discontinued device Maix Bit could have its camera-data-overflow-memory-buffer. it is now patched, and support for that device has been fully removed.
For a moment, I thought they were referring to the Maix Amigo (that model with the front camera), but there was another model that isn't even listed on the Krux site anymore, which is the Maix Bit. I only knew the Maix Amigo, which was the best device with Krux support I could ever known, but unfortunately, it's no longer available for purchase because the model was discontinued.  There are a bunch of devices to run Krux on. It's a shame the Amigo was discontinued. It was my favorite. If you have good vision and you don't have fat fingers, the Yahboom is great. It's small enough to fit in an Altoids tin. The Embed Fire might be too.
|
|
|
|
satscraper
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 3022
AntiSwap.io - NO AML/KYC EXCHANGER MONITORING
|
 |
October 03, 2026, 02:33:00 PM Last edit: October 03, 2026, 03:01:09 PM by satscraper Merited by JayJuanGee (1) |
|
Latest Krux release, namely 26.09.0, and it's the first release from the new maintainer, Jean Do (jdlcdl), who took over from Odudex. The main fix is 12 byte buffer overflow in AES-GCM during KEF encrypt and decrypt, found by an anonymous user and now patched.
|
|
|
|
|
Meuserna
|
 |
October 04, 2026, 01:53:12 AM |
|
Oh! I didn't realize Jean Do took over the project. That's fantastic! He's great!
I don't know him personally. I just know him through the Krux Telegram channel... which, by the way, is great too. Krux and ShieldSigner both have very active and helpful Telegram channels.
|
|
|
|
dkbit98 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 8909
|
 |
October 05, 2026, 09:32:59 PM |
|
Oh! I didn't realize Jean Do took over the project. That's fantastic! He's great!
Do you know what happened with the old owner and original creator of Krux? I was not following what happened recently, but I saw more devices have been supported.
|
▄▄██████▄░░░▄██████▄▄ ██▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░░▀▀██ ▄▄██████▄░▄██████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄ ▄███░░░▄▄░░░█░░░▄▄░░░███▄ ▄▄▄███░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░███▄▄▄ ████████░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░████████ ██████████░░░▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀░░░██████████ ████▀▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄██████▀▀████ ▀███▄░░▀▀███████████████████▀▀░░▄███▀ ▀████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄▄████▀ ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀ ▀▀█████████████████████▀▀ | | OrangeFren | | ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ | | | | ▄▄█████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀████▄ ███▀░░░░░░░▀███ ███▀░░░▄█░░░░▀███ ███░░░░░█░░░░░███ ███▄░░░▄█▄░░░▄███ ███▄░░░░░░░▄███ ▀████▄▄▄████▀ █████████ ▐█████████▌ █████░█████ ▐████▌░▐████▌ ▀▀░▀█░░░█▀░▀▀ | | |
|
|
|
|
Meuserna
|
 |
October 05, 2026, 09:52:24 PM |
|
Oh! I didn't realize Jean Do took over the project. That's fantastic! He's great!
Do you know what happened with the old owner and original creator of Krux? I was not following what happened recently, but I saw more devices have been supported. He's known as Odudex, and he moved on to a new project called Kern. Kern is basically a more advanced Krux that runs on more easily available hardware. I don't know what year Krux was launched, but it runs on K210 devices, which are limited. One of the early devices was the Maix Amigo, which was a fantastic device with a 3.5 inch touchscreen. Eventually, the Amigo was discontinued. Krux runs on other devices too, but they're smaller. I think it became clear that Krux needed to be ported to a different platform, long term. And since Odudex had inherited Krux back in 2021 or 2022, he decided to start from scratch with Kern. Kern looks amazing, but I haven't tried it yet. It's a project I'm really looking forward to trying though.
|
|
|
|
dkbit98 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 8909
|
 |
October 06, 2026, 10:33:16 PM |
|
He's known as Odudex, and he moved on to a new project called Kern. Kern is basically a more advanced Krux that runs on more easily available hardware. Oh yeah, I remember his nickname now. I also know about Kern project, but I was not aware that he was behind it. Both projects are cool and I think they can help each other with fixing bugs, testing, and making updates. I still see more potential with Seedsigner project, but other people may prefer Krux or Kern.
|
▄▄██████▄░░░▄██████▄▄ ██▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░░▀▀██ ▄▄██████▄░▄██████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄ ▄███░░░▄▄░░░█░░░▄▄░░░███▄ ▄▄▄███░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░███▄▄▄ ████████░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░████████ ██████████░░░▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀░░░██████████ ████▀▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄██████▀▀████ ▀███▄░░▀▀███████████████████▀▀░░▄███▀ ▀████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄▄████▀ ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀ ▀▀█████████████████████▀▀ | | OrangeFren | | ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ | | | | ▄▄█████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀████▄ ███▀░░░░░░░▀███ ███▀░░░▄█░░░░▀███ ███░░░░░█░░░░░███ ███▄░░░▄█▄░░░▄███ ███▄░░░░░░░▄███ ▀████▄▄▄████▀ █████████ ▐█████████▌ █████░█████ ▐████▌░▐████▌ ▀▀░▀█░░░█▀░▀▀ | | |
|
|
|
|
Meuserna
|
He's known as Odudex, and he moved on to a new project called Kern. Kern is basically a more advanced Krux that runs on more easily available hardware. Oh yeah, I remember his nickname now. I also know about Kern project, but I was not aware that he was behind it. Both projects are cool and I think they can help each other with fixing bugs, testing, and making updates. I still see more potential with Seedsigner project, but other people may prefer Krux or Kern. My issue with SeedSigner is that they're married into two worst-practices. ONE: The devs at SeedSigner are firmly against Passphrase QR. That means, anyone who uses a passphrase with SeedSigner has to enter it manually every time... and THAT encourages the use of weak & easily crackable passphrases, or no passphrase at all. Strong passphrases saved ColdCard users. Weak passphrases left them exposed. No passphrase got them robbed. When asked why they're against Passphrase QR, SeedSigner devs say they believe a seed is something you have, and a passphrase is something you know... meaning, it should be memorized. That is catastrophically wrong. Every aspect of a wallet must be backed up in human readable form, preferably on metal. Memory cannot and should not be considered a reliable form of long term backup! And, wow, I can't believe that even needs to be said (not to you. I assume you know). TWO: The devs at SeedSigner are firmly against encrypted SeedQR, with their reasoning being a decryption key becomes something else that could be lost, thus increasing risk of coin loss. That too is absolutely wrong, because a SeedQR is not a true form of backup. Every aspect of a wallet must be backed up in human readable form, preferably on metal. So... ...if an encrypted SeedQR is lost or stolen, no worries. It's encrypted. You'll just have to enter the seed manually from your metal backup. And when you're done, make a new emcrypted SeedQR and decryption key. ...if an encrypted SeedQR's decryption key is lost, no worries. You'll just have to enter the seed manually from your metal backup. And when you're done, make a new emcrypted SeedQR and decryption key. ...if a Passphrase QR is lost, no worries. Enter it manually from your metal backup. And when you're done, make a new one. I'm not trying to be anti-SeedSigner, but ... ...unencrypted SeedQRs are a security risk. Anyone who finds one can scan it and they've got your seed. ...weak passphrases are a security risk. ColdCard attackers proved this by robbing a few ColdCard users who used weak passphrases. I really wish the devs at SeedSigner would change their minds about offering the option for encrypted SeedQR and passphrase QR, but people have been requesting these features for years and they are firmly against both. The good news is, there's a SeedSigner fork that solves both of those issues. It's called ShieldSigner. It adds encrypted SeedQR, passphrase QR, and even smartcard support. And better still, its encyrpted SeedQRs and passphrase QRs are compatible with Krux and Kern.
|
|
|
|
dkbit98 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 8909
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 09:11:14 PM Merited by vapourminer (1) |
|
My issue with SeedSigner is that they're married into two worst-practices.
ONE: The devs at SeedSigner are firmly against Passphrase QR. That means, anyone who uses a passphrase with SeedSigner has to enter it manually every time... and THAT encourages the use of weak & easily crackable passphrases, or no passphrase at all.
I do agree that entering passphrase every time can be irritating, but it also serves as protection. I think this issue is resolved with forked project Shieldsinger, that combines Seedsigner and Satochip cards. When asked why they're against Passphrase QR, SeedSigner devs say they believe a seed is something you have, and a passphrase is something you know... meaning, it should be memorized. That is catastrophically wrong. Every aspect of a wallet must be backed up in human readable form, preferably on metal. Memory cannot and should not be considered a reliable form of long term backup! And, wow, I can't believe that even needs to be said (not to you. I assume you know).
Seedsigenr is open source project, so anyone can fork and make changes. I don't really see a big deal with passphrase myself, but I am not going crazy with super-duper long passphrase. ...weak passphrases are a security risk. ColdCard attackers proved this by robbing a few ColdCard users who used weak passphrases.
I really dont want to talk about that coldcrap project, and I know many people who lost all their coins because they had ''strong'' passphrase. Only problam is they forgot it, or wrote it wrongly with mistake, so long passprhase are in theory more secure, but in practie they resulted in most lost bitcoins.
|
▄▄██████▄░░░▄██████▄▄ ██▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░░▀▀██ ▄▄██████▄░▄██████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄ ▄███░░░▄▄░░░█░░░▄▄░░░███▄ ▄▄▄███░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░███▄▄▄ ████████░░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░░████████ ██████████░░░▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀░░░██████████ ████▀▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄██████▀▀████ ▀███▄░░▀▀███████████████████▀▀░░▄███▀ ▀████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░▄▄████▀ ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀ ▀▀█████████████████████▀▀ | | OrangeFren | | ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ | | | | ▄▄█████▄▄ ▄████▀▀▀████▄ ███▀░░░░░░░▀███ ███▀░░░▄█░░░░▀███ ███░░░░░█░░░░░███ ███▄░░░▄█▄░░░▄███ ███▄░░░░░░░▄███ ▀████▄▄▄████▀ █████████ ▐█████████▌ █████░█████ ▐████▌░▐████▌ ▀▀░▀█░░░█▀░▀▀ | | |
|
|
|
|
Meuserna
|
 |
October 07, 2026, 10:20:18 PM |
|
I really dont want to talk about that coldcrap project, and I know many people who lost all their coins because they had ''strong'' passphrase. Only problam is they forgot it, or wrote it wrongly with mistake, so long passprhase are in theory more secure, but in practie they resulted in most lost bitcoins.
I only mentioned ColdCard as proof that weak passphrases can be cracked, and have been cracked. But the SeedSigner way of expecting the user to manually enter the passphrase every time (and memorize it!) is equally bad because it encourages the use of weak and thus crackable passphrases. And as you noted, people lost coins because they forgot their passphrases... because they memorized them instead of writing them down and backing them up on metal. Everything required to restore a Bitcoin wallet from scratch must be written down, backed up on metal, and secured somewhere only the owner of the wallet has access to. And the owner of the wallet should save the first address, then wipe out the wallet and restore it from scratch to prove what they wrote down is exactly right. Anybody who can't or won't do that shouldn't be doing self custody because they aren't ready for the responsibility that comes with it. I know that sounds harsh, but just like you mentioned, I too have seen many people lose coins because they didn't really understand what they were doing when they set up their wallets, and they didn't double check everything before using it. Krux solves a lot of these problems, which is why I'm such a huge fan of the project. As you mentioned, ShieldSigner does too (love it!). But, still, everything needs to be written down, backed up, and double checked by restoring the wallet from scratch before using it in order to prevent loss of coins. This is one aspect of self custody I wish people talked about more, because it's so important.
|
|
|
|
|