Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:35:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cold Storage Coins company.. legit or potential scam?!  (Read 815 times)
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3007

View Profile
November 24, 2022, 12:40:57 PM

Randomly came across a company on insta trying to say they created the MJB coin design and that they have it trademarked..so I thought I’d check in on someone else who stole the design and claims they created it…

Every single website I’ve listed here that this company has used has now been shut down. They seem to currently be operating one main site atm. https://silverstatues.com .  Their TOS is insane. It essentially was made to try and take away any liability of any sort for any reason ..because you know, legit companies always do this (sarcasm). https://silverstatues.com/policies/terms-of-service

Their posts are littered with compliments of never receiving coins paid for… here’s a link to one of the worst one - https://www.instagram.com/p/CK2Hcbvn6E2/?igshid=OTRmMjhlYjM=

Since it will surely be taken down, some examples..

Someone asking where to find a coin they have listed on their insta as for sale ..would you believe the page they directed the customer to , has been taken down , shocking for sure ..

I guess they think if they say this enough they will even believe it, but so they don’t forget ..

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2022, 03:29:42 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2022, 05:55:57 AM by ChiBitCTy
Merited by tread93 (2)

And another new website and registration - https://patriotcoins.com/roman-booteen/   a d’Anconia Copper LLC company 11625 Custer Road #110-301 Frisco, Texas 75035,

Despite still having this one up still - which they are trying to sell - https://booteencoins.com/ (a whole other mess, apparently “waiting to go back to Singapore to be able to finish their booteen coins).  Side note - they claimed to be Romans exclusive replica maker at first, I asked Roman if that was true, and he stated he only sells his coins to one buyer and the buyer can do what they please, they are the sole approved replica maker of that specific coin.. The Roman trap coin went from being theirs to sell, to they lost out on the top bid but made a deal with the buyer to replicate some of them, to now stating on the booteen page that Roman gave them permission to make trap coin replicas, which he doesn’t do unless you buy it.

Their story - https://patriotcoins.com/about/ . Playing victim card, leaving out major details where they explain they needed some “fresh air” so went to Asia to find it, settling in on Thailand and Singapore. They claim to be back in Texas now (which coincidentally coincides with Singapores new extradition agreement with the US).  They state they “aren’t hero’s” and have paid off some of their debts, and that if they still owe you anything, to contact them, so they can try and make it right. As you can see above people try and don’t get response.

What’s clear is they just keep making new sites, new registered company’s, sell some stuff and ship and some they don’t, and move on to the next country , website, etc, leaving many high and dry.

Also clear to me now is they use JM Bullion as a way to sell stuff while being able to avoid having any stock on their websites so they can claim “it’s in progress” , and just keep dodging with new sites, 3rd party sellers (they offer affiliate programs (but make you join their facebook page to discuss it).  

I messaged JM about this last August, they said “we aren’t clear what you’re asking. I messaged them again yesterday, very curious to see what they say.

Note - I don’t have any sort of personal agenda here . As with many shady coin makers,  I share/expose what I see that is wrong. I can’t let shit slide when I know it’s going to screw people over.  If I don’t keep up with this, they’ll keep doing what they do with less pressure , and likely no one else expose their scams.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2024, 11:28:34 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2024, 11:40:37 PM by ChiBitCTy

Thanks to Unciphered & partners  …

https://youtu.be/a1Vw0mDY64I?si=pXu4dsl5rrhl2X-6

“ TAMPER-RESISTANT HOLOGRAM
Discover one of the most tamper-deterring cold storage hardware wallets on the planet. Each of our coins has a random destructive pattern that ensures foul play is quickly recognized. The secret behind it all? The KURZ Trustseal hologram - German engineering that uses 12 of the world’s best security protocols including 25-micron Nanotext. If there’s tampering, you’ll easily know it”.  lol

JM Bullion (whose been made aware of what’s going on),Amazon, and Walmart all offer these coins online. Hopefully others will reach out to these massive vendors to encourage them to act.

New video they released shows what looks like a fake scan of the QR code at 2:32 https://youtu.be/iYB-18U-gxY?feature=shared .. Not to mention promoting unsecure sweeping of private keys.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
tread93

Activity: 1110
Merit: 534

View Profile
January 28, 2024, 05:17:04 AM

Oh yeah, you've had an itch about these guys for a long time. I remember when I got one as a novelty for my dad  years ago and you schooled me on the fishy smell that ranks from these guys! Its pretty wild that despite your best efforts to inform JM bullion of this fishiness they continue doing business as usual, won't that be a fun day for JM when they get all these headlines saying "Big Bullion biz now into crypto scamz" LOL. I wish they would partner with some folks much more legitimate that can keep up with new demand and new releases. Guys like Polymerbit for novelty notes & Alpencoin. What a swiss duo that would be!

ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2024, 10:01:25 AM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (10), bitbollo (1)

My days of scam busting are coming to an end. It’s time consuming and my love for the hobby isn’t there any more.

However for these fucks, making a special exception..

Lies. No social media banned them. None, ever. Here’s their instagram page still up and active (. https://www.instagram.com/texitcoin?igsh=MTM4M2c5Y3RlcjRvcw== ) , renamed from cold storage coins to Texitcoin. Surely their next bs “project”. The irony, the coin reads “You may all go to Hell, and I will go to TexitCoin”. If anyone’s going to hell, first off. Also, what a ridiculously stupid “moto”. Not sure what they’re aiming at here. Will dig in to see if they actually creating a “textit” shitcoin.

Also, they claim to have moved operations from Singapore to Texas, hence “Texit” name. Just more smoke and mirrors, changing of things to avoid being shut down or jailed.  They claim they built a company building there. Their listed Texas address shows a farm house of some sort. Anyone live in Texas wanna make a trip ?

True to their scam business model history, they issue a nonsensical apology. They state they got busy and distracted, but then say immediately after that  “we decided best to hang on the sidelines and give the industry time to evolve and mature”  I made up better worded excuses in pre-school.

Then state their coins held up to perfection over that time. Two posts above show these are some of the worst security holograms money can buy. All one has to do is rub the outside rim of the holo with an eraser which reveals the private key. I imagine heat of some sort could likely raise the holo up enough to make it look like the keys had always been safe and snug. Not to mention they’ve got complaints on every single outlet their on like crazy stating the coins they put on them were taken or unredeemable.

Their mission today they say is solely focused on cold storage coins. But a few hours ago posted about their hearts and tales company being in Singapore working on sales deals for their Roman Booteen Banksy coin

Scammers calling out scammers to finish it off.  

“New branding to reflect our modern identity”…Xfinity is still shitfy scamming Comcast, VOYA is still ING, common tactic to fool people.