Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:48:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How should we retail investors respond to hacker attacks?  (Read 180 times)
dzonikg28

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
July 29, 2021, 08:39:24 PM

~snip
I would say it is close to impossible to hack Binance such that they go broke. They will have tons of security measures in place and if you hack them successfully, their system is probably set up in a way such that the hack is not financially fatal.
So their security mitigation risk is to set up that in the case of a breached system scenario it will not lose an enormous amount? Cheesy

Store your coin wherever you want. I am personally fed up with the Cryptopia shitstorms. After all, a system got hacked/bug is inevitable. And god knows how much the funds on the custodian wallet being at risk.

I am quite convinced that you won't be able to take down Binance with a hack. They will have a solution to that security issue in so far as their solvency is secured even after a successful attack or internal attack. I don't think they have a single cold wallet with 90% of their crypto assets and when it gets hacked they go broke. Definitely not. If that is the case I would be shocked. I am not saying they can't be attacked or hacked, but not that they are done immediately.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄████████████▄
  ▄███▀  ▀███████▀  ▄▄
 ▄████      ▀▀▀   ▄███▄
▄████             ▀████▄
█████               ▀██▀
████▌  ███      ███
▀████   ▀▀      ▀▀
 ▀████▄    ▄▄▄▄      ▄█▄
  ▀█████▄   ▀▀    ▄█████
    ▀██████▄▄▄▄███████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄███▄▄
█████████████▄    ████  ▄████████▄    ▄███████████▄
█████▀    ▀████   ████  ███▀  ▀██▀   ████▀    ▀████▄
████        ████  ████  ▀████▄▄▄    ████        ████
████        ████  ████    ▀▀▀████▄  ████        ████
 ████▄    ▄████   ████  ▄██▄  ▄███   ████▄    ▄█████
  ▀██████████▀    ████  ▀████████▀    ▀█████████████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ████
                                                ████
                                                ████
.....MARKET DAY - MARCH 20TH 2023....Download Now .#...
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 03:23:01 AM

There are so many ways to secure our crypto coins.

-Do not sign up with suspicious websites.
- Your own keys, your own bitcoin ( that means you dont have to share your passwords, private keys and keep it in a secured place)
-Refrain or prevent downloading apps in untrusted marketplace

I had been hacked from signing up in cloud mining website, thats a lesson learned for me as there are many ways hackers get your crypto coins in a modern way.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: