Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:03:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it easier to HODL if you are already rich?  (Read 1090 times)
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 06:56:57 AM

it depends on one's mentality and knowledge. even though he is rich but if he does not have the knowledge, then he too can experience panic so it is difficult to hold it during a market dump. and if you don't have knowledge, the rich person can't hold it any longer while floating plus

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suryana

Activity: 1218
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 07:21:59 AM

it depends on one's mentality and knowledge. even though he is rich but if he does not have the knowledge, then he too can experience panic so it is difficult to hold it during a market dump. and if you don't have knowledge, the rich person can't hold it any longer while floating plus
Yes, it all depends on the individual. There are strong people who hold their coins because they already know the good and bad risks if they invest. And will not back down if what has been achieved has not been implemented. This is called the principle. Unlike investors who invest but do not have poor principles and self-control.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
monineklutak

Activity: 1890
Merit: 252

The OGz Club

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 07:51:44 AM

Yes, it all depends on the individual. There are strong people who hold their coins because they already know the good and bad risks if they invest. And will not back down if what has been achieved has not been implemented. This is called the principle. Unlike investors who invest but do not have poor principles and self-control.
Talking about investors who do not have principles and self-control, I don't think such investors will be successful.
It's not easy to be an investor, especially if you don't have enough experience.
but if they learn and keep trying maybe it will pay off

The OGz Club▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Pokapoka124

Activity: 1148
Merit: 555

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2021, 08:09:53 AM

I don't think its fair to assume that it easier to hodl if you are already rich. The rich also have problems too (the degree may be different) same as every person on planet earth.  A person's hodling power doesn't depend on what how much he owns in the bank. It's all about discipline and self control. I think the advantage the rich have over the poor and middle class is the opportunity to share the same class as whales and prominent investors
Charot12345

Activity: 257
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 08:33:43 AM

It is an easy thing for the rich to hold, because the investment is from the amount they've made excess meeting all the needs. They'll be having separate funds for emergency and other miscellaneous needs.
We have the same opinion regarding this. If you are already rich, you will not be tempted to touch that amount of crypto you were currently holding because you still have an extra to used.

Is it easier to HODL if you are already rich?

Much easier? I guess, it is. Well if you are rich, HODL was easier because you won't be easily scared and impulsively sell when a cryptocurrency drops. Being rich already you can avoid the risk of buying high but selling low because you can have the patience to wait the right timing.
You can't be impatient on what you hold because it is posible that it was just your extra money or it was the amount that your are ready to lose.

JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 09:40:04 AM

One of those successful cases of bitcoin hodling was a friend of a friend. They (a couple) took an important risk by investing 60k of a dismissal compensation into bitcoin and making a x100 on it before selling half. I do not know what they did with the rest. Now, these people were not rich, they took an enormous risk compared to their total wealth. They had to really believe on the project and pass though some of bitcoins usual "tests of faith".

For someone with let´s say, a net worth of 1M USD or more plus house, hodling 60k until they became 6M would have been not that much of an stress. Do you think it was easier to benefit economically from bitcoin if you were already a bit up in the ladder?

The main problem is that people do not do money management when they are investing in crypto. Even a poor person can invest for long term provided his position is small according to his budget. I have seen rich people investing everything in crypto and then panic selling when they see thier port folio down.
Money management is a skill if implement correctly, your investments will be stress free.
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 01:32:14 PM

One of those successful cases of bitcoin hodling was a friend of a friend. They (a couple) took an important risk by investing 60k of a dismissal compensation into bitcoin and making a x100 on it before selling half. I do not know what they did with the rest. Now, these people were not rich, they took an enormous risk compared to their total wealth. They had to really believe on the project and pass though some of bitcoins usual "tests of faith".

For someone with let´s say, a net worth of 1M USD or more plus house, hodling 60k until they became 6M would have been not that much of an stress. Do you think it was easier to benefit economically from bitcoin if you were already a bit up in the ladder?
Yeah. Not relying only with your investment for your daily needs is really a big deal. If you are poor you can't have that freedom of investing your money without taking a toll on your day to day life. However, the first thing in crypto is that you should invest what you could always afford to lose. This is probably the best advice for anyone who's into crypto now and even Cz told us that
If you cant hold, you won't be rich
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 02:19:40 PM

Being rich generally helps: The investment capital can be large while still remains a small part of their total net worth, so they can achieve big return without worrying about the risk being too high

But after a bull run, their crypto holding has increased 50-100x in value and become the majority of their net worth, they will face the same risk as any other poor people. In such case, only the one with knowledge and belief would still hold on to crypto and enjoy a much larger return in the next bull run.

Kusman

Activity: 756
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 02:40:28 PM

If you are a rich person, then you don't need to worry about your long term investments. Because you are already rich and you wouldn't be very unhappy if you even lose some amount of money you have. I'm saying this assuming that you don't invest most of your savings. If you do such thing, then there is no difference between being rich and being poor.

██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄       BYBIT │ reddit       ▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██
   Sports & Derivatives Trading        Mobile App for iPhone & Android
   24/7 Customer Support        NFT Marketplace        Launchpad/Launchpool
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1393

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 04:15:26 PM

What is the need to sell your coins if you are already rich, you definitely want to hodl your coins until you reach your goal, holding coins for a rich or poor person is a good decision because the faster you sell, the more wonderful opportunities you lose. All we need to do is to buy more quantities of coins and then follow the technical analyzes of them every day.

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 04:56:15 PM

I would say, those who are even not rich and have no commitments, would certainly have less stress and can invest in bitcoin and hold them peacefully without much stress. I have personally experienced it. When I had a commitment and was expecting a turn over from trading, really I had to either sell them off at low profit or at loss. But when i did not have commitment, I peacefully held the orders and sold when only the trend was up.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 05:04:24 PM

I would say, those who are even not rich and have no commitments, would certainly have less stress and can invest in bitcoin and hold them peacefully without much stress. I have personally experienced it. When I had a commitment and was expecting a turn over from trading, really I had to either sell them off at low profit or at loss. But when i did not have commitment, I peacefully held the orders and sold when only the trend was up.
investing money that used in your daily needs would make you hard to hold it in the long term, avoid this and you'll be a real hodl-er to feel 1000x return.
otherwise, you'll stick in your chart to check where is your position and before even its reaching 10x , you'll just withdraw it on 2x or 5x at tops!

even if a rich guy with 100m in wealth and invested 90% of his wealth wont resist to see his investment gained 5% to cash them out, there's no real hodl-er unless if you are in strong believe or what so called commitment as you said.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
erep

Activity: 2282
Merit: 590

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 05:17:00 PM

If you are a rich person, then you don't need to worry about your long term investments. Because you are already rich and you wouldn't be very unhappy if you even lose some amount of money you have. I'm saying this assuming that you don't invest most of your savings. If you do such thing, then there is no difference between being rich and being poor.
Rich people have sufficient funds for everything including for the portion of investment in crypto, each investment fund tends to be long term because these funds are related to daily necessities funds. Not all rich people have good thoughts in investing because some of them are still afraid of market corrections.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
alpamar99

Activity: 1092
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 05:49:21 PM

commitment is very important here but don't forget that the needs of rich people and poor people are different and most poor people will be very worried when they do hodling differently from rich people, because if you look at it from an economic point of view they are very different and commitment will ultimately lose. by necessity and inevitably and sooner or later will surely sell the coins they hold in order to continue their life

Assface16678

Activity: 1372
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 06:16:31 PM

Yes it is easier to hodl, you don't have to worry about selling early because you have extra money to use when it comes to daily needs like food or stuffs. Plus you can probably make more profit since you have a lot of money that you can easily put into the market. Although, being rich doesn't mean you automatically have those things because some rich people are impatient people and they might experience loss in the market with that attitude because some of them were born with a golden spoon in their mouths.

Issa56

Activity: 1372
Merit: 911

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 06:41:18 PM

Seriously I believe it is easier to hold bitcoin or any cryptocurrency if you are already rich because you won't really think about anything your mind won't really be in the coin you invested on or whenever you need money you won't really think of selling it because you are having extral money that you can easily use to solve your problem but if you are not rich any small thing you will endup selling your coin immediately.

.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Pokapoka124

Activity: 1148
Merit: 555

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2021, 09:18:49 PM

but if you are not rich any small thing you will endup selling your coin immediately.
The rich also have problems. Here is where discipline plays s role. Holding is difficult, bitcoin prices go up and down the hill regardless of your class in society rich or poor. Your holding capacity is dependent on how disciplined you are. People generally develop cold feet in a bearish market
Distinctin

Activity: 2800
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 10:35:37 PM

Seriously I believe it is easier to hold bitcoin or any cryptocurrency if you are already rich because you won't really think about anything your mind won't really be in the coin you invested on or whenever you need money you won't really think of selling it because you are having extral money that you can easily use to solve your problem but if you are not rich any small thing you will endup selling your coin immediately.
To be honest rich investors has always a great advantage because they can put a bigger capital compared to those poor investors. And when the market seems to fall, they worry less because they still have big amount of money in their savings account ready to back up when things don't come out the way they expect.

Unfortunately, poor investors don't have this privilege and when the market is not performing well, they become panic and resort into selling their coins with a low price. Hodling has always an advantage to rich people and its always been the reality in all aspects of investments.

.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 10:55:58 PM

but if you are not rich any small thing you will endup selling your coin immediately.
The rich also have problems. Here is where discipline plays s role. Holding is difficult, bitcoin prices go up and down the hill regardless of your class in society rich or poor. Your holding capacity is dependent on how disciplined you are. People generally develop cold feet in a bearish market

But rich have much wider edge compared to poor and middle class investors, they can simply say that they will

hold and they'll able to do that unlike with poor and middle class as most of the time both panic and emergencies

triggered them to sell their assets, no other option but to let go to fill their needs.
jambul_kribo

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 11:28:41 PM

What is the need to sell your coins if you are already rich, you definitely want to hodl your coins until you reach your goal, holding coins for a rich or poor person is a good decision because the faster you sell, the more wonderful opportunities you lose. All we need to do is to buy more quantities of coins and then follow the technical analyzes of them every day.
if we have reserve money to cover our daily needs why we have to sell our cryptocurrency assets ? isn't it will be good investment for long time and give us more value. based on price history , bitcoin and other cryptocurrency  have good growth year by year.

To be honest rich investors has always a great advantage because they can put a bigger capital compared to those poor investors. And when the market seems to fall, they worry less because they still have big amount of money in their savings account ready to back up when things don't come out the way they expect.

Unfortunately, poor investors don't have this privilege and when the market is not performing well, they become panic and resort into selling their coins with a low price. Hodling has always an advantage to rich people and its always been the reality in all aspects of investments.
in finance market , how much capital we have actually not be first poin we should filled. Knowledge and skill be main thing that must prepare when we involved in this market. By having trading skill we could make our balance growth smoothly, maybe from 100 could be 1k or even more.

▄▄▄ ▄▄  ███▄████▄ ▄▄▄
████████▄███████████
▄█
██████████████████▄███
▀█████████████████████▀
██████████████████
██████████████
███████████
▐███████████████████▌
███████████████████
▐█████████████████▌
███████▀▄▀███████