Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:11:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could you please recommend your fave NFT games aside from AXIE?  (Read 174 times)
nelliella

Activity: 79
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 28, 2021, 08:25:19 AM

wanakafarm
moonie nft

nft's are so hot right now i really can't cath up with it . Everyday new things coming and new projects are coming so fast but im really hopefull about theese two .

──────────            FOOBEE             ──────────
──────THE WORLDS FIRST SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO  ──────────
the-zedman

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2021, 12:15:14 AM

wanakafarm
moonie nft

nft's are so hot right now i really can't cath up with it . Everyday new things coming and new projects are coming so fast but im really hopefull about theese two .

The problem I see with NFT games are twofold.

First, it's a game - and games have several issues. The popularity curve of a game is usually short - unless it's highly compelling - and usually measured in timeframes of less than a year or two. The other aspect is FOMO which also has a relatively short life cycle. People have short attention spans and are fickle. To maintain popularity and constant engagement will be a challenge for any game - NFT based or not.

Second, and tied-in with the first point is either the cost of entry, as some NFT games like WanakaFarm are initially "pay to play", or the value of the NFTs within the game to hold their value over time. In both scenarios if the game becomes tired or unpopular the investment people made to play or held in the NFT's they earned or bought would diminish - just like any crypto project really.

Although I think the concept of wrapping a game around an NFT centred blockchain is interesting, I actually think it's a risky venture for anyone choosing to invest hard earned cash to either "pay to play" or to buy in-game NFT assets. Sure there will be a huge upswing when it's popular and when FOMO strikes, but the crash will be hard when people get bored.

zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4368

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2022, 02:44:07 PM

https://decrypt.co/102099/epic-games-stores-first-nft-game-is-galas-wild-west-shooter-grit
Epic Games Store’s First NFT Game Is Gala’s Wild West Shooter GRIT
"In brief
Gala Games’ GRIT, a Wild West-themed battle royale game, will be the first Web3 game on the Epic Games Store.
GRIT will feature user-owned NFT items. Rival marketplace Steam has banned NFT games."

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████