Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:38:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Older versions of Android stop accessing Google services in September  (Read 54 times)
MartinsCoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 31, 2021, 08:39:00 PM

Google has officially begun notifying users who have smartphones and tablets running Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread or earlier that support for Google-signed apps will be inaccessible, preventing login to the account and related services.
Zak Pollack, community manager at the official Android help forum, said that as of September 27, 2021, users who try to log in to their devices may receive username or password errors when trying to use Android products and services. Google, like Gmail, YouTube and Maps. With this, the recommended for users who are included in this group is to check if your device has any pending updates available (devices with Android 3.0 Honeycomb (for tablets) or Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwach and higher, or resort to custom ROMs if not there are official versions available.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 257

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 31, 2021, 09:50:55 PM

Hardly any device may run on such outdated softwares but thanks for the warning, it may save the old people who are using Android old version can have enough time to update or move to another device so their contacts and other stuffs won't get deleted.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 31, 2021, 10:18:24 PM

I can remember that version of Android which I cannot avail before. Time have flew so fast and it's like Microsoft stopped supporting the older version of Windows.

Well, I think there are only a very few number of people that still has that version of Android for their smartphones.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
MartinsCoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 31, 2021, 10:57:06 PM

Hardly any device may run on such outdated softwares but thanks for the warning, it may save the old people who are using Android old version can have enough time to update or move to another device so their contacts and other stuffs won't get deleted.

I think the correct thing would be to jump to 4.0, because most users use versions higher than 8
bitterguy28

Activity: 2002
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2021, 06:42:50 AM

Google has officially begun notifying users who have smartphones and tablets running Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread or earlier that support for Google-signed apps will be inaccessible, preventing login to the account and related services.
Zak Pollack, community manager at the official Android help forum, said that as of September 27, 2021, users who try to log in to their devices may receive username or password errors when trying to use Android products and services. Google, like Gmail, YouTube and Maps. With this, the recommended for users who are included in this group is to check if your device has any pending updates available (devices with Android 3.0 Honeycomb (for tablets) or Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwach and higher, or resort to custom ROMs if not there are official versions available.
this is a sad thing , what about those people in 3rd world countries that only afford to buy or maintain their Old model of smartphones and tablets?

Google should not impose these all.

Chato1977

Activity: 1148
Merit: 58

View Profile
August 01, 2021, 08:17:14 AM

why there is no notification on my part? one of my Smartphone still under gingerbread android but i still not receiving any from Google support team.

I think the correct thing would be to jump to 4.0, because most users use versions higher than 8
what about those cp hat has no capacity to upgrade their android cellphone? meaning they will stop using google ? and will need to buy new units?
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 257

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 01, 2021, 09:28:26 AM

why there is no notification on my part? one of my Smartphone still under gingerbread android but i still not receiving any from Google support team.

what about those cp hat has no capacity to upgrade their android cellphone? meaning they will stop using google ? and will need to buy new units?

Google may send you warning in your gmail or other registered services but using too old version is prone to security risks so its recommended to upgrade and Google will not take anymore responsible that is why they are stopping their services to such devices.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
August 01, 2021, 10:37:29 AM

Google may send you warning in your gmail or other registered services but using too old version is prone to security risks so its recommended to upgrade and Google will not take anymore responsible that is why they are stopping their services to such devices.
Exactly , and besides we have given years and years to use our outdated android phone and their service is enough to retire lol.
every phone has maturity just like what apple company does , they are outdating the older models to give way for the new one that has more secured and quality gadget.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
GeZero

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2021, 11:20:22 AM

the same goes in Apple, so it´s normal that after many years devices with a (super)old O.S doesn´t get the full services.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: