Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:27:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most important aspect in Bitcoin mining  (Read 936 times)
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
September 04, 2023, 01:26:20 AM
Merited by stompix (2)

when I was pointing that out it was for a leveled scenario,

Ya me comparing a large miner to a small one was not the smartest thing to do, but my point is even in a leveled scenario electricity is not everything, as you already know I have almost cheap electricity but during my years of mining I came to realize that the power bill was not the be all end all.

One major issue I have is the lack of repair, I can't export electronics for any purposes (too much effort, and too much money and with no guarantee that I will get approval to do so) so while it isn't 100% illegal, you can just assume it is, a faulty control board, maybe, a whole miner -- most likely never,  so once I receive the miner I am stuck with it, I lost a few BTCs back in the shity Bitmain 17 era and I watched the miners sit on the shelves without the ability to repair them, at the point in time, Jihan was sending his guys to client's farm in China to fix gears, so they had to spend nothing, so despite them paying a lot more for the power bill, they had a way out of the fuckery Bitmain created, I didn't.

Shipping costs way too much to my country, so I am always looking at 5-20% more money spent just to receive the gear.

Summer heat is crazy, so I have to spend more on cooling than many other miners who pay higher power rate.

I could probably list a dozen more disadvantages that I have over the next guy who pays 500% more on the power bill, the loss I encountered on those 17 series took me years to recover, and I am sure as hell I would have done better if I was in China paying 5 cents but had my gears fixed the next week, so it's a WHOLE package that needs to look good, without having cheap electricity the package is already broken, but having cheap electricity alone isn't going to cut it, I don't know how to explain it better -- but it is how it is.

two companies in the same country with the same capital and same plan, the one with 1 cent over the other will flop first unless he magically finds some angel investors willing to lose money! I find electricity costs to be the ultimate barrier

This is correct but only IF all elements of the package are the same, so the electricity rate will decide the winner, but if the country is too large, both operate in different states with different tax laws and weather, then 1 cent difference isn't going to guarantee a win.

I think you've guessed why I mentioned exactly 17 cents, lol!

Lol ya, it reminds me of someone who likes fudge. Cheesy

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Uhwuchukwu53

Activity: 182
Merit: 24

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
March 23, 2024, 09:05:08 PM

which other factors should i consider before setting up my mining farm.
As you conider the location, also consider security. Your equipment are expensive and certainly you would not want to put them in an environment where the rate of stealing is high. Ask questions and do your research about your location to know if the area is safe first before you decide on which security measures to employ in securing your mining farm from criminals.

I think the major things to be considered has already be listed by those who gives opinion but I will like to ask if you have considered the energy properly and the hash rate of the environment and see how supportive the area are to the action you plan taking, mostly important not understand rating the security in general to avoid effort in vain. All this is in place congrats as it's a good move.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: