Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 11:16:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin mining isn’t a waste of energy?  (Read 1013 times)
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
September 27, 2021, 03:59:08 PM

Bitcoin mining requires energy. Impossible to mine bitcoin without electric power.As a result of many machines and tools this bitcoin mining work is done. Adequate current is required for mining Adequate mining in some countries resulted in a shortage of electricity in those countries.Must do bitcoin mining Energy is needed.
mr500

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 27, 2021, 04:15:42 PM

When Bitcoin mining is started huge energy is used it is true . When miner mining gold , oil , Gass or any king of natural resources from that time they use energy and that cost included those product price value .that time no one says waste of energy but when time to mining Bitcoin in this time some critic says BTC mining waste of energy this is not true actually . People should think it's a costing of yield
savetheFORUM

Activity: 1050
Merit: 140

View Profile
September 27, 2021, 08:51:22 PM

Bitcoin mining requires energy. Impossible to mine bitcoin without electric power.As a result of many machines and tools this bitcoin mining work is done. Adequate current is required for mining Adequate mining in some countries resulted in a shortage of electricity in those countries.Must do bitcoin mining Energy is needed.
This is real case now many countries feeling bad about this as it's consuming some good energy Just because of this many countries facing serious troubles and on other side the biggest costs in mining comes from electricity. The energy consumed by Bitcoin mining is necessary. It can turn energy into capital gains and at the same time make assets more secure.

If we were able to pull the non-renewable energy source in mining, it will be really great because the non-renewable energy source won't be affected as much as others are creating problems right now, hopefully this will help this community.
lalabotax

Activity: 1554
Merit: 132

BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform

View Profile
September 27, 2021, 10:04:32 PM

What in my opinion about "a waste of energy" is when we are using the energy for something that is nonsense, for something with no benefits, and it only wastes energy for none.
But here, we use energy to mine Bitcoin. How much will depend on how we mine.
But so far, why people are always concerned about Bitcoin only?
Whereas there are so many other industries that are using energy more and more than Bitcoin?

songchunlai

Activity: 113
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2021, 02:23:01 AM

When the ship was invented, it burned with black smoke and burned the coal that a family needed for a whole year in one day, which was a waste of energy.
songchunlai

Activity: 113

View Profile
September 28, 2021, 02:30:18 AM

The randomness of pow comes from the entropy of the time atom, so the right to receive rewards is actually in the hands of God. He likes Bitcoin very much.
peter0425

Activity: 2660
Merit: 447

View Profile
September 28, 2021, 03:45:29 AM

When the ship was invented, it burned with black smoke and burned the coal that a family needed for a whole year in one day, which was a waste of energy.
The randomness of pow comes from the entropy of the time atom, so the right to receive rewards is actually in the hands of God. He likes Bitcoin very much.
you must not make multiple posts at the same thread , you can compile your post in single delivery to prevent spamming a discussion .

What in my opinion about "a waste of energy" is when we are using the energy for something that is nonsense, for something with no benefits, and it only wastes energy for none.
Whereas there are so many other industries that are using energy more and more than Bitcoin?

This is just come into senses because Those who pointing that Mining bitcoin is a waste of time because they dont understand or wanted to know what is bitcoin and what is the benefits to the people.

if they can only see the advantage of this? then they may not create words against this.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2021, 03:50:09 AM

I don't think its a waste because  you will earn from mining and eventually it will circulate as you use it to buy goods/ pay bills. There is no difference from playing games and mining, it depends on who will perceive those two. Both are beneficial for those who can afford/ do it.

Though this kind of cycle will be the one could destroy the environment. I think it was double meaning for me since it is waste of energy (your effort) and also waste of energy that is tangible like electric . When we are talking to the first one then it isnt really waste of energy since you could earn from it your are right but in the 2nd meaning is about the energy in earth, i think it is a waste if it is not renewable since most of the energy right now is powered by coal mean could lead to more carbon cosumption but when we convert to renewable energy then it is another topic
distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 28, 2021, 03:57:52 AM

maybe that's true, but in terms of taxing energy use of course other industries get more importance than bitcoin mining.
Bitcoin mining is done by more people or companies of course it will consume more energy. while regulations related to crypto mining may not be considered in some countries.

Aatifapakistan

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2021, 06:36:55 AM

because we can't find a trusted site, and generally mining website will not give you payout
Anguwa

Activity: 714
Merit: 30

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 28, 2021, 07:17:59 AM

People waste a lot of time in doing unnecessary things that are not valuable, but it has value to them. Bitcoin mining is very important and will never be a waste of time, because it has a very huge value of Fiat, and has a huge success in the entire future. In respect to waste of electricity,bills are paid so even if it waste electricity, and it has value that paid for it, I think there is no any problem, though we do investment to gain profit.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
willhuber

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 28, 2021, 11:40:01 AM

Bitcoin Mining isn’t a waste of energy because it supports the network. As it can secure transactions, fulfil contracts, and protect from counterfeit, Bitcoin has value as a currency that is created and backed up by energy.
konfuzius5278

Activity: 636
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 09:43:13 AM

How can you proof Bitcoin is no nonsense? We are all in our crypto bubble ask people outside about using bitcoin.
I would like that crypto (not Bitcoin for several reasons) gets more common. But think about having put the energy of a whole big country in nothing more then creating less then 5 MB of software code every 10 minutes. And its nothing more then that. We think its more but who can proof? Fiat system is run with changes for 150 years. Maybe its bad but its working system all over the wourld. You can take your VISA Card from germany and pay your beer in japan.
And when ask why I am here: never said its a bad speculative asset ;-)

For the german speaking community please visit my Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4uWvf8yNBVE39YYlI5N9Q
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 10:58:58 AM

If using electricity, paper pulp, cotton and dye to print banknotes is not a waste of energy and resources, then mining Bitcoins is also not a waste of energy. You are getting an output in this case, which is indestructible. On the other hand, you are spending so much of your resources in printing banknotes and minting metal coins, which are having a limited shelf-life. So which one is a better example of wasting energy? The Bitcoin energy consumption is just an excuse put forward by fiat supporters to tarnish the reputation of BTC. There is hardly any relevance with such arguments.
zahed

Activity: 344
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 03:01:48 PM

I think the big problem right now is that mining is expensive. In addition, the price of mining components has also increased significantly.
But a lot of people are enough able to buy mining instruments but they can start mining for restriction, If example i can not start in my country due to government restrictions. Where people can earn money by mining how it's a waste of electricity. How much electricity we are wasting unnecessarily in everyday just by using electronics gadgets.

mksundip

Activity: 726
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 04:13:10 PM

Bitcoin consumes energy, but it's really not a waste. If someone considers it to be a waste, they either don't understand Bitcoin or they have a different agenda in mind. BTC ensures an ecosystem that is free and decentralized, a kind of currency humanity never had before. Therefore, it's not a waste but nor is it a storage of energy. Can't call "storage" something that isn't able to give back energy, if it makes sense. BTC is just a free currency that uses energy to function.
people who say bitcoin is a waste of energy they don't actually know the real benefits of bitcoin.  because the concept of people using energy to mine bitcoins is purely for profit.  so it's actually purely business.  and business can be referred to as productive, not consumptive.  So I'm quite surprised if anyone says bitcoin destroys energy and wastes energy is wrong.

AakZaki
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1076

zknodes.org

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2021, 05:10:17 PM

People waste a lot of time in doing unnecessary things that are not valuable, but it has value to them. Bitcoin mining is very important and will never be a waste of time, because it has a very huge value of Fiat, and has a huge success in the entire future. In respect to waste of electricity,bills are paid so even if it waste electricity, and it has value that paid for it, I think there is no any problem, though we do investment to gain profit.
Bitcoin miners do not waste time and are able to generate fantastic FIAT values. about the waste of electricity you mean not that simple. Waste of electricity is not a matter of being able or not to pay for it, but the mining process can increase the Global Warming Effect and this is already happening. Some Miners are expected to use environmentally friendly and renewable energy, because it will be better and will save all.
antminerguruguy

Activity: 328

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2021, 08:19:31 PM

for me bitcoin mining is not a waste of energy because what from the results of mining can make money from us selling bitcoin ourselves
and for me it wastes electricity just to watch, buy an internet package just to play games
I think it's very unethical if someone talks like that only people who don't know and understand what bitcoin is and how much is bitcoin itself

Earlier you guys were mouthing off to me about bad grammar and sentence structure.  This reads like a drunk 1st year english student in a brothel at a dubai marketplace.
Tybi

Activity: 196

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 08:26:59 PM

In countries where there is a shortage of fuel oil and a shortage of electricity, bitcoin mining is considered a waste of energy. However, our country has a large supply of mineral oil and electricity, In our country, bitcoin mining will not be considered as a waste of energy

████████████          SMARTFI.com          ████████████
───────          The Open Lending Platform          ───────
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1138

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 08:31:52 PM

for me bitcoin mining is not a waste of energy because what from the results of mining can make money from us selling bitcoin ourselves
and for me it wastes electricity just to watch, buy an internet package just to play games
I think it's very unethical if someone talks like that only people who don't know and understand what bitcoin is and how much is bitcoin itself

Earlier you guys were mouthing off to me about bad grammar and sentence structure.  This reads like a drunk 1st year english student in a brothel at a dubai marketplace.
You could really able to read lots but it doesnt matter as long it is understandable and also not all users on this forum can speak english fluently so better not to be harsh on this one.

Going back on topic about Bitcoin mining is a waste of energy? This is just a lame excuse considering that they could also get from other natural sources too
and to think that waste of energy is more than on what we are seeing on some things that consumes the most compared to bitcoin mining.
They really just dont like bitcoin in the first place.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: