Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 09:18:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stay away from greedy free Bitcoin offer through spam mail.  (Read 244 times)
aioc

Activity: 2954
Merit: 567

View Profile
August 13, 2021, 02:49:03 PM

Another tip I would like to add, if you can, try to make your email name longer than expected, not a lot of spams have plagued me besides those sites that I know that I've used it, I don't know if it works.

It will not work I have a very long email address and it's still getting a lot of spam emails they just copy-paste these emails even if it's short or long in their database, and they are not sending it manually, they are sending it by bulk so don't trust just because you have a very long email address, you're not going to get spam emails, the best option is not to open emails coming from spam.

zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 13, 2021, 03:45:28 PM

~

It will not work I have a very long email address and it's still getting a lot of spam emails they just copy-paste these emails even if it's short or long in their database, and they are not sending it manually, they are sending it by bulk so don't trust just because you have a very long email address, you're not going to get spam emails, the best option is not to open emails coming from spam.
I guess that I am just so lucky then that my emails weren't barraged by those spams. I have heard of these bulks and stuff, I think these bulks that you're talking about are being sold by hackers who got the data to other scammers like scam call centers and phishing email scammers right?

dustboy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 13, 2021, 06:04:48 PM

~

I guess that I am just so lucky then that my emails weren't barraged by those spams. I have heard of these bulks and stuff, I think these bulks that you're talking about are being sold by hackers who got the data to other scammers like scam call centers and phishing email scammers right?

Having long email address wont be effective if you use it on various online services. Once you use it on random online services where you need to put your email address, it is recorded and the chance for you to get the spam emails is started.

There are many ways to get our emails, scammers usually offer something attractive such as giveaway where you need to enter with your email address. The most effective ways to avoid getting scammed by spam emails that may contain phishing link is "AVOID" it. Do not even open any emails that sent by someone or by a service you do not even know.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: