Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:12:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is there indicator Measures of how much stop lose orders did hit?  (Read 67 times)
Mahmoud70 (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 09:00:26 PM

i think you al see an indicator of how much people did liquidated and all the stuff from on chain data indicator , is there an indicator for stop loss orders count?
Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 2184

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2021, 09:28:13 PM

• Firstly, you cannot find out who liquidated funds from on chain analysis, you can only know a certain amount of Bitcoins moved from wallet A to wallet B (simply). Knowledge of how to determine exchange wallets could tell who withdrew their bitcoins from an exchange or who sent them there, but does not show who sold.

• About the stop loss indicator, I have not hard of any, they are private settings in trading accounts, with no public indicator for when they hit, imo.

Clavulanic

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 09:59:48 PM

i think you al see an indicator of how much people did liquidated and all the stuff from on chain data indicator , is there an indicator for stop loss orders count?

For me, there's no features that we can rely on at any exchanges nowadays, only a green indications of a percentage number which I believed a trader could analyze it when they're expert towards analysis. However, you can do manual stop lose to prevent you from losing huge amount of money when you're risking over futures and leverage trading. I remembered a friend of mine did a very unforgettable experience which lead him to lose around $9k for failing to set stop lose on his account.

██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Appreciate Coin
Send and receive tokens
in blogs and social
media communities
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▄████ ███ █████ ███ ████▄
▄█████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
██████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀██████
██████ ███ █████ ███ ██████
██████▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄██████
▀█████▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀█████▀
▀████ ███ █████ ███ ████▀
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
NO
INFLATION

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄███████▀▀▀███████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀  ▄  ▀▀▀▀████▄
▄████  ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄  ████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄██▀     ▀██▄  █████
████  ████  ███  ████  ████
████▄  ▀██▄     ▄██▀  █████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀  ████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TECHNICAL
INTEGRATIONS

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀██████████▄
▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀████████▄
█████████▄▄█▌ ▐█▄▄█████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
████████████▌ ▐████████████
▀███████████▌ ▐███████████▀
▀██████████▌ ▐██████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GROWING
USE CASES

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████▀   ▀████████▄
▄████▀     ▄▄▄     ▀████▄
▄█████  ███████████  █████▄
████▀  ▄███████▀▀██▄  ▀████
████  ████  ▀▀  ▄████  ████
████▄  ▀███▄  ▄████▀  ▄████
▀█████  ███████████  █████▀
▀████▄     ▀▀▀     ▄████▀
▀████████▄   ▄████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
EASE OF
CRYPTO TRADING

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████

████████

██████

████

██████

████████

██████████
Marvelman

Activity: 1008
Merit: 137

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 10:43:20 PM

No, I don't think there is indicator for stop loss orders. It is an internal function on exchanges and is not visible from on chain data analysis.

lablab03

Activity: 1064
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 05:14:43 AM

Stop loss if just a tool to keep your money safe from the volatility and there's no indicators involved for that which can tell you more information like what's your concern. Coz stop loss and indicators have different purpose in exchanges.. So its impossible that you can find such tools that both tools are combined.. It's like a cheat when it comes trading.. Grin
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 06:58:44 AM

There is no "indicator Measures of how much stop lose orders did hit" but there are metrics about liquidations (closed overleveraged positions).
https://www.theblockcrypto.com/data/crypto-markets/futures/btc-liquidations

• Firstly, you cannot find out who liquidated funds from on chain analysis, you can only know a certain amount of Bitcoins moved from wallet A to wallet B (simply). Knowledge of how to determine exchange wallets could tell who withdrew their bitcoins from an exchange or who sent them there, but does not show who sold.

Even if you knew who sold you would not know what type of order it was (api sell/ normal limit sell/ stop loss) and OP is asking about stop loss orders only.

Also on chain metrics are overhyped since majority of volume comes from futures which does not touch BTC at all, is not visible on-chain.

Karish2return

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 03:22:10 PM

We can use manual stop loss in order to get rid of a high loss but most people analyze from the green link too. A green link is shown there and most of the people analyze it and prevent themselves from much loss. So, it would be better to use the manual stop loss in order to get safe from a big loss. I always use stop loss that is much better for me as well.

tbct_mt2

Activity: 2324
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2021, 04:10:53 AM

There is no "indicator Measures of how much stop lose orders did hit" but there are metrics about liquidations (closed overleveraged positions).
https://www.theblockcrypto.com/data/crypto-markets/futures/btc-liquidations
Viewbase or Bybt have data on liquidations.
https://www.viewbase.com/liquidation
https://www.bybt.com/LiquidationData

On Bybt.com, you can choose coin and Period.
RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 05:23:19 AM

I don't think there's such thing like that where you can count how many people put their stop loss at a certain price I think there's only a way you can see users that go short or long and I think there's also a tool that you can see how many people got liquidated.

Zilon

Activity: 966
Merit: 421

Bitcoindata.science

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2021, 06:28:43 AM

The essence of stop loss is to keep you out from a losing trade to avoid blowing down your account or  losing more than you can afford. There are no indicators what so ever to check how much others did hit. Before you risk your coin you should first decide how much profit you intend making and how much you are willing to lose in the process as well because that's the secret to trading generally so you keep your account intact.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: