Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:13:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Product Authenticity  (Read 102 times)
EdenHazard (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 05, 2021, 06:32:11 PM

Im not sure if this is a right board to post this,  i just think some altcoins has this as the problem solver.

*image randomly downloaded from google browser

Curious about how blockchain perform to prove product authenticity.

i heard and read that vechain did this with nike but still not sure how it works,  i even send them an application to start the trial of their software but no resposnse received after months now.
so lets say that i would like to launch a product like brand shoes .
to make it more valueable and unique im planning to stamp each product with a serial number to prove its authenticity through a blockchain network.
the only thing crossed in my mind is by making a transaction manually and put the serial number as a note in each transaction and redirect people to the explorer to see their serial number written in blockchain transaction that is not editable nor manipulated and it would be there forever as long as internet live.

so here is my question :

1. Is there such altcoin developing a specific prove authenticator,  from software to design etc.

2. I cant see there is a company doing this prove authenticity method , that is a big question for such a great oppprtunity/potential. whats wrong? is there a serious challenges? 

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
EdenHazard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 03:41:55 AM

i still looking for an intimate discussion regarding this, a platform that can be an authenticator of certain product.
if you see this and know that there is a similar discussion please put a link to that thread..

also to mod, kindly move this thread into a section where it is the most suitable and widely seen to be commented.
Thanks in advance.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2884
Merit: 596

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 01:50:07 PM

Upon searching, a found this article: How Sneaker Designers Are Busting Knock-Offs With Bitcoin Tech. However, this is very old article, so I don't know what happened to the collab (sneaker term).

And there is this one application from Nike for a patent, they called Cryptokicks: United States Patent and Trademark Office.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
rosenbauer02

Activity: 206
Merit: 80

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 02:09:16 PM

I don't know if what I will share is off topic but in my opinion, it is a bit the same but different product. It is about a product I bought online (not direct from the maker) and the product package contains a code where I can input in the makers website if it is the product they made are authentic and a clone.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 02:38:29 PM

With the serial number only and it will be available in public ledger so you can get proof that you are buying the real product, not sure that any project tried such things but even if they did they didn't really made it to the end so it becomes another bump and dump project on the exchanges.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
DapanasFruit

Activity: 1218
Merit: 49

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 03:41:43 PM

Though I could not now remember but I always read of projects or platforms that is exploring the use of the blockchain technology in order to authenticate projects right from the manufacturer of the item down to the hands of the final user. And mind you this is a very important step towards minimizing the proliferation of fake products which can be dangerous if we are dealing with foods and drugs. There can be a good market for this type of a service offering because many goods maker will love to show that they are producing and marketing the real things. And of course, for the consumers to to be sure that they are buying the real and authentic goods.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 04:02:50 PM

~snip to stamp each product with a serial number to prove its authenticity through a blockchain network.
The serial number still can be counterfeited, the more right approach is to embed a chip within the product.

1. Is there such altcoin developing a specific prove authenticator,  from software to design etc.
The only thing I know is seal.network. It exists since 2017ish. But now it's a failed project. I took a quick look at the Vechain product authenticity, and I'm pretty sure it has a pretty similar concept on the surface.

2. I cant see there is a company doing this prove authenticity method , that is a big question for such a great oppprtunity/potential. whats wrong? is there a serious challenges?  
Looking at the above failed project, here I quote about the team announces why it does not gain any traction.

The outlook of companies using the Seal token does not look very promising at this point. We're operating in a space that's in a very early stage, and over the past four years many things have happened. While quite some companies and organizations have shown interest, our business models require many aspects of the client's business to change. Chip placement during manufacturing, marketing, new revenue models and tokens make it a very hard sell. Considering some of the pressure from the community, we think it's best to part ways.
EdenHazard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2021, 03:35:42 PM

Upon searching, a found this article: How Sneaker Designers Are Busting Knock-Offs With Bitcoin Tech. However, this is very old article, so I don't know what happened to the collab (sneaker term).

And there is this one application from Nike for a patent, they called Cryptokicks: United States Patent and Trademark Office.

great article and very helpful! thanks.
i just cant open the file on that United States Patent and Trademark Office site.

I don't know if what I will share is off topic but in my opinion, it is a bit the same but different product. It is about a product I bought online (not direct from the maker) and the product package contains a code where I can input in the makers website if it is the product they made are authentic and a clone.
true .. thats why i wonder if there is any open source project develop this complicated problem ?

Though I could not now remember but I always read of projects or platforms that is exploring the use of the blockchain technology in order to authenticate projects right from the manufacturer of the item down to the hands of the final user. And mind you this is a very important step towards minimizing the proliferation of fake products which can be dangerous if we are dealing with foods and drugs. There can be a good market for this type of a service offering because many goods maker will love to show that they are producing and marketing the real things. And of course, for the consumers to to be sure that they are buying the real and authentic goods.
im thinking and searching this for a couple years now ...
anything ?
vechain is the only hope i can get , but it has a price , open sourced one would be great of course!
~snip to stamp each product with a serial number to prove its authenticity through a blockchain network.
The serial number still can be counterfeited, the more right approach is to embed a chip within the product.

1. Is there such altcoin developing a specific prove authenticator,  from software to design etc.
The only thing I know is seal.network. It exists since 2017ish. But now it's a failed project. I took a quick look at the Vechain product authenticity, and I'm pretty sure it has a pretty similar concept on the surface.

Looking at the above failed project, here I quote about the team announces why it does not gain any traction.

The outlook of companies using the Seal token does not look very promising at this point. We're operating in a space that's in a very early stage, and over the past four years many things have happened. While quite some companies and organizations have shown interest, our business models require many aspects of the client's business to change. Chip placement during manufacturing, marketing, new revenue models and tokens make it a very hard sell. Considering some of the pressure from the community, we think it's best to part ways.

i can understand why that seal token didnt work.. the business model they used are wrong in my opinion, lots of idea in my head but yeah.. i need someone to talking to , and so far i can only looking for a platform.. not making one but would love to work on that someday though.

so i can only think to write a note through a blockchain a note contains serial number and of course that wont prevent fake products.. that is huge challenge.

any suggestion are very welcome , i really ned it.
thanks everyone!

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
EdenHazard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 05:19:06 PM

i think this board is not really an active one to put my urgency in needing such a platform to become a verificator.

to be clear once again um looking for a wide active discussion where i can hear and talk about my problem and get a resolution as soon as possible to be applied regarding this product autheticity.
so far so good but that is not enough.

so please to whoever or especially moderator can you please put my thread elsewhere in a board full of active and serious discussion like software development or something?
anybody can help me out?

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 06:57:25 PM

i think this board is not really an active one to put my urgency in needing such a platform to become a verificator.

to be clear once again um looking for a wide active discussion where i can hear and talk about my problem and get a resolution as soon as possible to be applied regarding this product autheticity.
so far so good but that is not enough.

so please to whoever or especially moderator can you please put my thread elsewhere in a board full of active and serious discussion like software development or something?
anybody can help me out?
You can't move threads because you didn't get enough replies, it should be in the appropriate section.

But if you want you can move this thread on your own anywhere, and I think Beginners and Help section also can fit into this discussion.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀