Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:30:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool confusion  (Read 64 times)
Bitbtc8 (OP)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 07, 2021, 07:11:06 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2021, 07:34:16 AM by Bitbtc8

Can someone please say something about this? Why is it that whenever I am mining and I decide to save energy but turning off my display monitor my hashrate reporting on pool will drop? Mind you I don't plug in display cable to any GPU but the mobo itself (igpu) so once I switch on the monitor the Hashrate report increase back to norm..

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anu1908

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 07, 2021, 08:08:16 AM

maybe you should add more detail such as: your mobo, cpu, gpu, os, which pool are you using to mine, etc. it's impossible to diagnose without any data, and it's not clear if turning on and off your monitor is really the cause for the drop of your rig hashrate.
Bitbtc8 (OP)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 07, 2021, 05:20:50 PM

Ha for those who needed my rig info I'm running on hive OS with mobo Biostar TB250, intel pentium CPU and 8gig ram, all GPUs onboard are Nvidia cards and they hash very fine

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 07, 2021, 11:13:06 PM

Can someone please say something about this? Why is it that whenever I am mining and I decide to save energy but turning off my display monitor my hashrate reporting on pool will drop? Mind you I don't plug in display cable to any GPU but the mobo itself (igpu) so once I switch on the monitor the Hashrate report increase back to norm..
What hashrate are you writing about?
Current, Average, or Reported?
The current one is calculated depending on the shares caught and changes every hour. The average is also not an indicator, because it is a slower value for 4-6 hours.
Reported is already interesting. Connect remotely to your farm after turning off the monitor and see the hashrate of each video card. If there are no changes, there may be an error on the pool

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JayDDee

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220

View Profile
August 07, 2021, 11:53:13 PM

The pool reported hashrate can vary a lot. Don't be too quick to draw conclusions.
There is no reason for the hashrate to drop when the monitor is shut off. Hashrate shouldn't be affected
at all with it attached to the iGPU. It may increase on a GPU when an attached monitor goes
to sleep or is shut off.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: