Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:25:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why hoard Bitcoin?  (Read 1052 times)
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 11:46:57 PM

Fortunately, holding bitcoin will change our lives unexpectedly and on my several years of working that doesn't provide me any benefits like building my own house. Bitcoin provided me those things I wanted and desire compared from main job I had, so I kept in mind that holding btc really gave me more opportunity rather than relying on one source of income.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 12:16:19 AM

It's all about how much money you have and how much you want to have in future. People who live day by day and barely have enough to pay their bills will not think of alternative investments like btc. Those people will not think of investments at all, but when you're rich and see inflation eating up 5% of your wealth every year your perspective changes.

yazher

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 01:15:26 AM

As you can see, the crypto market is going crazy all over again and it's gonna be like that for the rest of the month so if you are courageous enough to wait for an even higher price, you won't hesitate to hoard your bitcoins for a little longer because something is gonna surprise us this coming days base on the chart of the crypto market. While everyone is doubting about their investment, it is the best chance for those who didn't buy anything yet to get on the boat because if it's gonna be full next month, it will be hard to get on. The price will be sky-rocket and you won't gonna afford it.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
suryana

Activity: 1218
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 11:23:40 AM

As you can see, the crypto market is going crazy all over again and it's gonna be like that for the rest of the month so if you are courageous enough to wait for an even higher price, you won't hesitate to hoard your bitcoins for a little longer because something is gonna surprise us this coming days base on the chart of the crypto market. While everyone is doubting about their investment, it is the best chance for those who didn't buy anything yet to get on the boat because if it's gonna be full next month, it will be hard to get on. The price will be sky-rocket and you won't gonna afford it.
It's true that the best opportunity is today. Never procrastinate because we don't know how far the coin will skyrocket. Maybe even now it's said to be a little late..but better late than never. And wait for your coins to generate for you.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 01:15:19 PM

It's all about how much money you have and how much you want to have in future. People who live day by day and barely have enough to pay their bills will not think of alternative investments like btc. Those people will not think of investments at all, but when you're rich and see inflation eating up 5% of your wealth every year your perspective changes.
Precisely, rich people could think about another form of investment as they have money but for the poor people, it was not their priority. If I only have excess money in my pocket, I surely invest them but not only in BTC alone, I have also to start a business. Having multiple sources of income will be the way to uplift our living capabilities and have financial freedom in the future.
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 01:56:20 PM

Precisely, rich people could think about another form of investment as they have money but for the poor people, it was not their priority. If I only have excess money in my pocket, I surely invest them but not only in BTC alone, I have also to start a business. Having multiple sources of income will be the way to uplift our living capabilities and have financial freedom in the future.
for the purpose of life and the perspective between rich and poor is mostly different, rich people who have excess money will certainly try to develop their money by investing and one of them is from bitcoin, I think most of their points of view from pocket money do not develop, so how to make it the money grows. On the other hand, poor people whose main goal is to find money to be able to eat
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 03:47:00 PM

~
In my opinion, Bitcoin is a store of value, not a currency. There may be cryptocurrencies becoming legal tender, but not now, volatility and supply and demand need to be considered.
The intention of Satoshi according to the whitepaper was an electronic payment system without trust but with cryptographic proof of the transaction, which literally means taking away the third party to make the transaction and not a store of value.

Who knows if Satoshi could have stayed and we could have seen a much different space or whether he knew that the scaling will be an issue and never bothered to come back, but one thing was certain he was not happy with the direction BTCitcoin was going when he left mainly because of Wikileaks and a few other things  Grin.

Still if you want to transfer currency you can do it with cryptographic proof and if someone is not intending to do that does not mean that it is just a store of value Tongue.
Theones

Activity: 1204
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 04:08:47 PM

We don't have a choice when it comes to payment method, we have to pay in fiat. BTC is not legal in many countries, in countries where its legal because of its volatility merchants don't accept it.
Though LN is around for few years now still scalability issue of BTC is not resolved. Many still see bitcoin as an asset of investment not as a payment method.

Snappycoco

Activity: 534
Merit: 19

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 04:26:36 PM

Because of the value of Bitcoin, people will hoard it,
Take me as an example. I will invest 20% of my salary in Bitcoin because I think Bitcoin is very valuable and I believe in Bitcoin, so I think Bitcoin is worth investing in.
But if you let me buy something with bitcoin, I will hesitate and pay with fiat currency first.
Although people can pay in any way, will Bitcoin be your first choice?
Now the difference between fiat currency and Bitcoin is that one is inflation currency and contraction currency. Inflated currency (fiat currency) means that if it inflates, you want to get rid of it as soon as possible. For example, we use fiat currency to buy things, invest in real estate, cryptocurrency, stocks. And to shrink the currency (Bitcoin) you buy goods or services, or hoard it. This has no effect on the economy, except to reduce the monetary base and make the currency more scarce, so deflation is faster.
In my opinion, Bitcoin is a store of value, not a currency. There may be cryptocurrencies becoming legal tender, but not now, volatility and supply and demand need to be considered.
Bitcoin has now evolved from being a payment system without intermediary to a store of value. Yes, I agree that it will really fluctuate and its price will still be on rise added by more adoptions happening these days. Its features are unique and somehow the trust built within is quite immersive. Unlike any fiat currency, its total supply will never change.
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 06:23:27 PM

Pretty good explainer between currency and store value. Though bitcoin has always given opportunity to use it as both the sides one can not really argue over it's nature. I have seen such debates on the forum many many times but the outcome is never the same or everyone has different views about it.
Very simple example, when we work on the forum, or some others sites which pays in the form of bitcoin, then that's the cash/crypto fiat nature of the bitcoin.
However, when some trader/investor buys the bitcoin and store it for long terms to grow the value per btc, then you can say its cold storage asset.
"It entirely depends on how you use it"
andeluna

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 12:10:17 AM

Do you really understand what "hoard" is? hoarding is the way of people buying many stocks of a thing that will surely become out of stock so when it comes to bitcoin are you sure you can hoard some of it in just 20% of your salary ? or you better say investing for it rather than hoarding it but it will be possible if you are a trillionaire you can totally hoard some of the bitcoin in the market and hold it to have high asset to bitcoin. We all know that bitcoin has its potential when we invest for it we see it in the past years til today but only the volatility of this kind of investment is the risk.

♲   ∞   GRN Grid   ∞   ♲
█ ♻ ▌A SUSTAINABLE FIRST BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT COMPROMISES ▌♻ █
GRNGrid.com
Wawa2013

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 10:03:48 AM

~
That's true, and it has become a mandatory thing for us to be long term holders, because while there are other alternatives to have profits, we will choose that alternative other than selling Bitcoin too early. Later in the day we can regret what we sold too soon, and sacrifice something that will provide great benefits later.
Actually, many people have managed to get big profits from Bitcoin, because the increase in the price of Bitcoin is indeed extraordinary. Even though
the year is not over yet, Bitcoin has managed to rise to a price of $60k a few months ago. So it can be said that people who bought Bitcoin in
the previous year and hold Bitcoin until now will get a big profit. This is why collecting and hoarding Bitcoins is so important, because compared
to other assets, Bitcoin is more promising. Don't let us regret being late in collecting Bitcoin and also don't sell the Bitcoin we have too quickly.
The longer we can be patient holding Bitcoin, then the profit we will generate will also be even greater.
No one had expected for bitcoin to make this big and for those people who do believe on it on earliest days or years are the ones who are making profits as of this moment as bitcoin do
reaches out new all time highs into its price and this is where it do leave out the impression that it should really be accumulated for possible future gains if the price would soar up even more.
Its a personal choice whether you do accumulate it for the sake of its actual utility or would rather be accumulating just for the sole purpose of earning profits which i could say its normal.

Bitcoin has increased in price above $ 60k, no one would have thought, and only people who believe in the future of Bitcoin can finally enjoy
the profits from Bitcoin. People who believe in the future of Bitcoin will not hesitate to make the decision to collect Bitcoin. In the end we ourselves
have to make the choice, do we believe in the future of Bitcoin or not, if we really believe in Bitcoin has a bright future. There is no need to hesitate
or delay collecting as many Bitcoins as possible.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Metavault.Trade
████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████████████████████████████████
NEXT GENERATION PERPETUAL DEX WITH
ZERO SLIPPAGE SWAPS & UP TO 30X LEVERAGE

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████████
Faster, Safer, Smarter!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ██   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER  |  DISCORD  |  TELEGRAM  |  MEDIUM  |  GITHUB
bitterguy28

Activity: 2002
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2021, 10:15:26 AM

Because of the value of Bitcoin, people will hoard it,
it is not the value why people are holding this , instead the belief of what this can move in the future .
Take me as an example. I will invest 20% of my salary in Bitcoin because I think Bitcoin is very valuable and I believe in Bitcoin, so I think Bitcoin is worth investing in.
But if you let me buy something with bitcoin, I will hesitate and pay with fiat currency first.
have you already vested ? or this is just another shitpost to lure spammers?
Although people can pay in any way, will Bitcoin be your first choice?
if given a chance? of course i will because i believe that this coin must be consume to recycle and stay longer .

It is your opinion but if bitcoin is just for store value then this will be dead any time soon.

ampu

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 04:06:51 PM

Bitcoin hoarding is a way to invest for the long term, and I find it to be the world's store of value. As people pay attention to bitcoin and invest in it, the capitalization of bitcoin will grow while the supply of bitcoin is limited. Bitcoin has an impressive bullish history and I believe in 10 years Bitcoin will be worth over $500k and possibly more.
Other asset classes such as real estate, gold and silver stocks will increase in price but will not be faster than Bitcoin. Looking at Bitcoin's capitalization compared to other asset classes we see a bright future for holding Bitcoin. Another thing is that major companies in the world are investing in Bitcoin, governments are also forming a legal framework for Bitcoin. So it can be said that Bitcoin is becoming a part of the modern economy and becoming an equal asset compared to other asset classes in the world.

ROSEDF

Activity: 63
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 21, 2021, 08:22:51 AM

Bitcoin is the central pillar of cryptocurrency. Encrypted currencies are developed by relying on the development of Bitcoin.
When we are all hoarding Bitcoin, it is because we see the value of Bitcoin. Trust Bitcoin.
But now it is also possible to pay with Bitcoin. It is also very convenient and fast.
There is no need to hoard Bitcoin all the time.
vania vin

Activity: 481
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2021, 09:04:39 AM

Hoarding bitcoin is very profitable especially if you keep it in the long term, now it is very appropriate to buy bitcoin because I believe the price of bitcoin will rise again so that the price of bitcoin at the end of this year skyrockets, don't delay this good opportunity to take profits in the future.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
Cindella

Activity: 54
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 21, 2021, 09:30:26 AM

Bitcoin has higher value and benefits than other cryptocurrencies. In the long run, it can allow people to make a lot of profits.

Bitcoin is the most popular store of value currency, and many people choose to hold Bitcoin for a long time to get more benefits.
Kayum10029

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2021, 10:34:35 PM

Bitcoin is a coin stored for a long time, if you want to hold it for a long time then you can definitely invest on bitcoin.It is profitable to invest in Bitcoin with all other coins.

Yamifoud

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 21, 2021, 10:56:26 PM

Do you really understand what "hoard" is? hoarding is the way of people buying many stocks of a thing that will surely become out of stock so when it comes to bitcoin are you sure you can hoard some of it in just 20% of your salary ? or you better say investing for it rather than hoarding it but it will be possible if you are a trillionaire you can totally hoard some of the bitcoin in the market and hold it to have high asset to bitcoin. We all know that bitcoin has its potential when we invest for it we see it in the past years til today but only the volatility of this kind of investment is the risk.
You invest Bitcoin and hold it for many years like to say 5 years as thing its price increase more, it was just like like hoarding. But naturally, it was not really it happens in the market because some of these investors are not long-term holders, and as you have said "unless if you have billions or trillions of money in your pocket. But most of us have nothing that much and it was a good thing in order to fully enjoy the volatility of the market.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2217

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
August 22, 2021, 12:30:56 AM

Bitcoin is a coin stored for a long time, if you want to hold it for a long time then you can definitely invest on bitcoin.It is profitable to invest in Bitcoin with all other coins.

I can see why you've never received even one merit with a post such as that.

While it's true Bitcoin can be stored for a long time, it should be noted that doing so reduces the amount of crypto in circulation (supply and demand, less bitcoin = higher prices) the only trouble with that is *how* do you store your crypto safely into the future?  You may have a fool proof method of storage of the privkey (fire/weather/corrosion proof etc) only to discover your wallet address is obsolete with legacy wallet address having been written out of the code.  (then there's the various forked coins already in circulation - one of those might become the dominant crypto of choice)

Storing long term is one thing, recovering might be something else entirely.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: