Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:24:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are meme/NFT investment really worth the hype they're getting?.  (Read 556 times)
alpamar99

Activity: 1092
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 06:04:05 PM
Merited by watergold (2)

For memes I don't want to discuss it because I think at least for now it's too risky even though at first since before there were pumps and dumps I still kept my assets here but for now I don't think I will store assets here because there are too many pumps and dumps and manipulation that takes place.
Unlike NFT, I still collect and play several NFTs, one of which is Axie Infinity.
the reason is very clear because NFT is now starting to get hype and I think some NFTs are good enough at least for now to be adopted. other than that I think NFT is quite simple to play and used as a farm that makes me interested here.
apart from all that, here is our freedom to do something there are no restrictions, no restrictions and no standard rules that can be used as a reference. everyone returns to their respective perspectives do what you think is best with the research you are doing

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 07:46:38 PM

I think it is not the "hype" this time around, it is the fact that it is something brand new, which means that people want to play those games, and that is definitely something that we should be focusing on, is this called hype? I am pretty sure that it should not be called hype, because in crypto when something is hyped that usually means it is something regarding the price of it, price goes up and then it goes down, but at the early stages the price skyrockets because of the hype.

This is a bit different, it is not "just" about the price, of course it has something to do with it, who would play games to lose money, that would be gambling, but here we have the "gaming" part where people are also having fun, it is way more than just buying something and waiting for weeks to make a profit from it, you buy it then you play with it until it gets bigger (lol) and that is usually very entertaining.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2021, 11:46:11 PM

Why risk it all on meme and NFT when you can simply buy Bitcoin or other legit coins and profit in the future. We have to stop giving this rich bastard and scammers the room to scam us and ripoff of our money. Stop this worthless investment and Invest in the right things to secure a bright future.

Based NFT games are investment. but in fact not all NFT will be successful. such a thing will surely always exist in the crypto environment. if you dont like it simply ignore that just like ICO in the past some people like to do it some people are against about it . Concept ICO and NFT its almost the same but  NFT now much better because their user or investor can directly using platform.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 12, 2021, 11:58:55 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2021, 12:10:37 AM by 7788bitcoin

~
Why risk it all on meme and NFT when you can simply buy Bitcoin or other legit coins and profit in the future. We have to stop giving this rich bastard and scammers the room to scam us and ripoff of our money. Stop this worthless investment and Invest in the right things to secure a bright future.
People do invest in NFT as a fan and then there are many that resell them and make a quick profit especially rare NFT collections. Basically i have seen users flipping these coins at a much higher rate than they purchased and that is the motivation in investing in NFT rather than just code which could pump and dump any day.

The NFT market is just beginning and even now some of the sporting legends are releasing their NFT arts and they are selling much quicker than i anticipated earlier.
evichi

Activity: 1176
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 13, 2021, 12:13:47 AM

The rise of meme tokens and coins has been on the increase in recent times and I begin to wonder how many of these meme coins will survive the future? It is a question really worth thinking. Another main concern is the place value of the token decimals - running to billions. I am just wondering that $10 dollar worth of coins will see you holding billions of the token or coin. Is it really worth it, is it not more confusing? While we recognize that crypto space is all about community, But I think it is advisable to check well before you invest you funds no matter how small.

▬▬▬▬[ CHAIN JOES || THE FUTURE OF WEB3 GAMING  ]▬▬▬▬▬
CHAINJOES.COM
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 13, 2021, 12:23:06 AM

Sometimes I begin to wonder how it's easy to misguide the members in this community. The rich has made so much money form their investment in crypto and other aspect of investing now they just want to have fun by playing with meme investment like Elon musk. Without understanding that, we now see that decision of theirs as an investment opportunities and go putting all our money in a joke.

The rate at such a stupidity is what make me believe, we still have a long way to go in this industry. We don't understand the rich are messing with our heads in this industry. How can someone bindly buy an Art fir such high amount all in the name of participating in NFT. We don't learn form our mistakes in this industry. Isn't it same way we had thousands but fICO in the past and they mostly scam their investors which the presale participate profited.

If that was easy to do as to say that just buy bitcoin and have profit, some people do not have the amount of money to buy a single bitcoin that is why they diversify their money into some meme coins and make an instant profits. Those who are rich may have the money to buy any kind of coins as they want and make their coins cycle in the world cryptocurrencies. Scammers are everywhere, whether rich nor even people who needs money. Investments in cryptocurrency has always a big risk.

gwdf1

Activity: 680
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 13, 2021, 01:09:41 AM

Sometimes I begin to wonder how it's easy to misguide the members in this community. The rich has made so much money form their investment in crypto and other aspect of investing now they just want to have fun by playing with meme investment like Elon musk. Without understanding that, we now see that decision of theirs as an investment opportunities and go putting all our money in a joke.

The rate at such a stupidity is what make me believe, we still have a long way to go in this industry. We don't understand the rich are messing with our heads in this industry. How can someone bindly buy an Art fir such high amount all in the name of participating in NFT. We don't learn form our mistakes in this industry. Isn't it same way we had thousands but fICO in the past and they mostly scam their investors which the presale participate profited.

I share your point of view, I don’t see any real reason for investing in NFT or meme coins. What is their utility? They don’t carry any real value, so they can’t be profitable in the long term. On the other hand it is a way to earn a lot of money very fast. As if something is profitable and in hype, people will invest in this. Personally I don’t play any NFT-games, buy NFT-pictures or invest in meme coins as I consider this to be too risky.
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2021, 01:18:01 AM

As much as I like Dogecoin this cannot be more true. People see memecoins as a dogecoin version 2 or 3 or whatever but the people who developed them and the people who adopted them and then used them to give to all those famous charitable causes are NOTHING like the masses and hordes in defi and memecoins now. Absolute shillers with no thought about what happens to people they'll dump on.

NFTs are almost the same too, though... maybe not all but similar attitudes in most.

NFT is a whole new crypto system that really can not compared to a meme coins. NFT is currently used by many crypto games as their marketplace to sell in game items. This NFT is really fit for selling any online items or in game items on the internet, i'm sure there will be a lot of games using NFT in the next years because it works on several games like Axie or Vulcan Verse.
CryptoG99

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2021, 04:00:21 PM

NFTs are a hard space to invest in sometimes. LOTS of current projects that have already taken off. I feel that some of the "nft games" are build for earlier adopters can make a lot of money but people late to the game have a hard time catching up. This is why I am excited about Colosseum cards as it is a project not yet launched yet and I have a chance to get in from the start. It is an NFT project coming out in the near future where you'll be able to buy packs and unpack them for a chance to get one of your favorite football players. You can also sell the card you unpacked on the marketplace and earn a 2% trading fee forever after each time it's sold. They'll even have young talented players whose value will go up or down depending on how they perform in real life. It's a project worth checking out.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 13, 2021, 04:58:49 PM

I share your point of view, I don’t see any real reason for investing in NFT or meme coins. What is their utility? They don’t carry any real value, so they can’t be profitable in the long term. On the other hand it is a way to earn a lot of money very fast. As if something is profitable and in hype, people will invest in this. Personally I don’t play any NFT-games, buy NFT-pictures or invest in meme coins as I consider this to be too risky.
- If you were wondering about the utility, I can only summarize the coin meme as you say, hype is its basic value and utility, renamed many times and such projects only represent a trend where the community creates, pumps more money, launders and makes money, worthy for those who love betting and adventure. NFT has a little more utility and use, its environment aims to store valuable products, collectibles and trade in the game platform, maybe these values are still vague but if a game company adopts and has products and crypto tokens, this could be worth a long term investment

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
andireynold98

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 04:27:20 AM

NFTs are a hard space to invest in sometimes. LOTS of current projects that have already taken off. I feel that some of the "nft games" are build for earlier adopters can make a lot of money but people late to the game have a hard time catching up. This is why I am excited about Colosseum cards as it is a project not yet launched yet and I have a chance to get in from the start. It is an NFT project coming out in the near future where you'll be able to buy packs and unpack them for a chance to get one of your favorite football players. You can also sell the card you unpacked on the marketplace and earn a 2% trading fee forever after each time it's sold. They'll even have young talented players whose value will go up or down depending on how they perform in real life. It's a project worth checking out.

Really agrees with you, i mean i totally agreed with you. When people says NFT at the first time i was like huh what is that, and then i searching and searching most of NFT has a value and some of them has a great also wonderful value like on opensea list it says can be up to 1 eth or more. Well while Colosseum Cards is still new for me but when i see to their concept i really fall in love with theirs. Because such missed my child hood that i always trying to buy card packs with players inside it. So yeah i really love this concept of cards pack also they can be our NFT. Really mind blowing for me.
Psynthax

Activity: 2282
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 04:59:40 AM

i'm sure there will be a lot of games using NFT in the next years because it works on several games like Axie or Vulcan Verse.
I think what stopping good quality high rated game from using NFT is if the concept is still complicated, it will be harder for them to use it.
Most of the high rated games will probably stay with the same way they using right now until NFT become more simple and easy to understand.
But there is also always a chance for the high rated games to use NFT as well maybe to make their game more interesting and attracting, it could help them improve their game uniqueness.
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1316
Merit: 288

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 08:53:17 PM

To be honest I think those guys that are buying an NFT artwork for a huge sum of money are probably doing money laundering, I can't just imagine buying just an artwork for 500k dollars or more, instead of investing the money in altcoins and bitcoin for the more profitable funds, in some years to come I believe that the truth will come out after the NFT hype has been subsided

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Naficopa

Activity: 2002
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 08:58:10 PM

It still pays off to invest in the NFT at the moment, because the hype is still going on. However, in my opinion, this is too risky an investment in the long term. When the hype ends and popularity goes down, prices will fall as well, and the NFT itself will become as niche as collecting postage stamps.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 09:39:13 PM

NFT is a whole new crypto system that really can not compared to a meme coins. NFT is currently used by many crypto games as their marketplace to sell in game items. This NFT is really fit for selling any online items or in game items on the internet, i'm sure there will be a lot of games using NFT in the next years because it works on several games like Axie or Vulcan Verse.
In a few years we will see some major players in the NFT platform, right now i have my take on the market as i started following them because they started adding P2E games which is really interesting and can develop a major market and i am looking for new projects that have visionary developers who can make the best platform for games. I am not a big fan of collecting digital art but i have seen some are coming out with authenticated art work which is a game changer.
TelolettOm

Activity: 2044
Merit: 549

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 10:59:07 PM

I see many NFTs are sold at very high prices. It is si sometimes multiple prices of ETH. Wow.
And I am still confused about what differentiates them and what makes them pricy enough and v=valiable enough. maybe because I don't know about art or even the design of NFT itself.
But, if seeing from the hype right now, it is very worthy in NFT. By utilizing every NFT and its price, applied in some tokens or coins may be also worthier someday.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
dhemasm

Activity: 1829
Merit: 134

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 11:22:25 PM

I see many NFTs are sold at very high prices. It is si sometimes multiple prices of ETH. Wow.
And I am still confused about what differentiates them and what makes them pricy enough and v=valiable enough. maybe because I don't know about art or even the design of NFT itself.
But, if seeing from the hype right now, it is very worthy in NFT. By utilizing every NFT and its price, applied in some tokens or coins may be also worthier someday.
From my perspective the current NFT market was only driven by some hype even though NFT Concept Can change intellectual property problem in the future through the Decentralized system where everyone can see and verify the content authenticity beside that it's worked for some game based items for example like Axie Infinity, There are tons of potential beside some Art, Gif, Content that sold on the market for high price right now that sold because driven by Hype, Maybe in the future we can see effectiveness, Let's wait for now and enjoy the wave!
Princejebs

Activity: 560
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 01:21:01 AM

No one is misguiding anybody, if the talk is about NFT then it's no joke just make sure the NFT project is a well know or atleast well established then you will be fine, NFT isn't overhyped like DeFI projects it's something that works so well that's why they are successful.

NFT is not overhyped like DeFi that's because, it's not everyone that like art, I'm one of the many who don't fancy art as an investment.
So far, I have seen some projects do well and their treasures market where anyone can sell this NFT is really great but what comes after all this is what I don't understand. What is NFT project bringing to adoption like the way bitcoin and Ethereum are currently.
Ethereum users are even finding it difficult to use NFT because the fee needed to move this non fungible tokens are expensive. So, I don't know where the adoption is coming.
Ever-young

Activity: 1162
Merit: 159

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2021, 11:05:45 AM

I think NFT deserve all or will I say it deserves more the idea of that NFT is a great one, I think NFT should be the most vibe token ever, because it's all about originality, appreciating the hard work and talent deserves more reward.

BitTraderCute

Activity: 899
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 11:45:47 AM

From my perspective the current NFT market was only driven by some hype even though NFT Concept Can change intellectual property problem in the future through the Decentralized system where everyone can see and verify the content authenticity beside that it's worked for some game based items for example like Axie Infinity, There are tons of potential beside some Art, Gif, Content that sold on the market for high price right now that sold because driven by Hype, Maybe in the future we can see effectiveness, Let's wait for now and enjoy the wave!
i think it is not only hype , but really usecase and the uniqueness that make NFT concept really be new investment choice. beside used as art or other content , now NFT project also developt new concept in gaming space thats called as play to earn game. Simple rules was , when we could earn money from playing games, it will attract everyone to play it and even ready to spend some money to but NFT character.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: