Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:38:20 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unexpected Acceptances of Bitcoin for Payment  (Read 1052 times)
s_s (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:49:17 PM

I was reading an article about a new start-up mattress company (Tuft and Needle) at Money magazine.

[I will be completely honest I have nothing to do with this company and am making no recommendation on their product one way or the other].

It sounded interesting...great reviews apparently on Amazon and rapidly rising sales. I checked it out because I need a new mattress...there was "nothing" at all even mentioned about Bitcoin in the article.

When I went to checkout...there was an option to pay with either USD or Bitcoin (nothing advertising the fact that they take Bitcoin prior to that point on the website).

I've followed with interest all of the announcements of places that have started to accept Bitcoin (and visited some of them specifically because of that fact)...many of those have been highly marketed when they have done so...as much I am guessing for publicity as anything else.

It was really refreshing to have the first time where Bitcoin has popped up for me as just "another option to pay" when going to make a desired purchase.

Good sign I believe.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 09:10:55 PM

I was reading an article about a new start-up mattress company (Tuft and Needle) at Money magazine.

[I will be completely honest I have nothing to do with this company and am making no recommendation on their product one way or the other].

It sounded interesting...great reviews apparently on Amazon and rapidly rising sales. I checked it out because I need a new mattress...there was "nothing" at all even mentioned about Bitcoin in the article.

When I went to checkout...there was an option to pay with either USD or Bitcoin (nothing advertising the fact that they take Bitcoin prior to that point on the website).

I've followed with interest all of the announcements of places that have started to accept Bitcoin (and visited some of them specifically because of that fact)...many of those have been highly marketed when they have done so...as much I am guessing for publicity as anything else.

It was really refreshing to have the first time where Bitcoin has popped up for me as just "another option to pay" when going to make a desired purchase.

Good sign I believe.

well indeed very good sign. Bitcoin is getting wider and wider each day.
Thanks for sharing your thoughs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: