Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:45:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reuters: Bank Run in China!  (Read 3019 times)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 5043

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:04:43 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 03:22:43 PM by Torque

That's not a bank run in China.  This is a bank run in China!

This is a famous pic that I saw in a best of Life magazine book as a kid.  It probably had more than anything to do with my interest in financial matters and specifically financial failures than almost anything.

^^^
That picture is EXACTLY what I picture every time some fake China news gets posted about the PBOC banning bitcoin, and then the Chinese bitcoiners start panic selling.  

Sorry to sound racist, as I'm not at all, but it sure seems like some cultures are so ridiculously skittish, paranoid, and scared that any time their government so much as sneezes they drop their shorts in an instant.  It worries me because bitcoin is a little like the EUR, we're all in this together, and some countries can pull us down.  I'm starting to see that some cultures of the world really have no business in investing in bitcoin.  Who's gonna be the next panicky, paranoid culture to get involved in bitcoin?  India?  Indonesia?  South Korea?  How will the price ever rise if all it takes is for one of these groups to publish fake FUD about banning and they all panic sell?

What a circus.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:05:45 PM

They seems like squatting. Why not just stand straight?

Maybe a much bigger crowd is pushing them?

I changed the pic in my post to a better one.  The first only showed the top half of the pic.  image-search for "Henri Cartier-Bresson Shanghai" will pull of a few of them.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
solarflare

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:14:48 PM

They seems like squatting. Why not just stand straight?

That's what Chinese do. They squat in the street to take a phone call or smoke a cigarette and it looks like they are taking a dump.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: