Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:54:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there an app that shows you the real-time rates in profits and loss?  (Read 149 times)
9thsky (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 54

View Profile
August 14, 2021, 06:46:42 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2021, 10:38:45 AM by 9thsky

The FTX app(previously called Blockfolio) has this feature. The only difference is that the profit/loss number isn't displayed in the coins list; instead, you need to tap it and go to the Profit/Loss tab to see the details of your investment.

https://blockfolio.com/

OK. I see it now! Am I doing something wrong? It doesn't seem to update the prices until I pull down to refresh or I go to a different window.

EDIT: Playing around with it...i like. A few things I wanted to ask you...

1) How do I edit my entry? In the profit/loss tab, I see the big "add transaction" button at the bottom, but I can't find "edit". In case I made a mistake with the info I entered, how do I edit/correct it?

2) What I mentioned above...is it me or is it not real-time in the sense that i don't have to refresh the page to see the current price?

3) It would have been pure awesome if it can list all the coins in one page/view...like my screenshot in the OP. Is there a way to do that? And if there was a home screen/float widget??...

4) How safe is it to have my exchange wallet added so it can automatically do you it?

5) In profit/loss > trading pair > net cost... the number is (significantly) different than profit/loss > overview > profit/loss... Why?

6) Is it me or is the UI slow/sluggish?

Thanks for your help!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
9thsky (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 54

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 12:01:45 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2021, 03:58:26 PM by 9thsky

So I've just tried all the major apps and not so major ones out there...

Accointing
Binance
Blockfolio (FTX)
Coin Market Cap
Coin Tracker
CoinGecko
CoinStats
CoinTracking
Crypto News
Crypto Portfolio Tracker
Crypto Tracker & Bitcoin Price
Delta
The Crypto App
Trading View
Vertfolio

And they all SUCK!

None of them do want I described in the OP. Except...

HODL

• The prices are live/real-time.
  • It lists all your currency on one page so you can track them all together.
  • Very basic, lightweight app.
  • You can pair currencies.

Cons:
  • No widget (well, there is one but you have to pay for it. Also I don't think it shows your portfolio).
  • The fees option does not allow you to enter it in percentage or in crypto.
  • The alert options suck.

Blockfolio (FTX) is a not too close second. It would have been better than HODL if the interface was lighter, it had real-time rates and you didn't have to refresh the page to see the current prices, you didn't have to navigate for an hour to get to the profit/loss page, if it listed all your entered coins in one page and not individually and you need to tap forever to navigate between two cryptos.

Note: The Crypto App is the absolute best when it comes to alerts. So many different alert options. And Trading View is the best app for trading (probably no surprise there).

The above is for the free versions. I never tried any of their paid versions.
Ekeleboy

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 11:52:50 AM

Of course, such apps exist. In fact, you have a lot of options to explore. You have the binance app. It can calculate your profit and loss using your balance as a base. There's the FTX app too, the Delta and the coinmarketcap app.
You can also use the cryptocompare app and the crypto checker app. this is available on playstore.
the cryptocompare app is available here: https://www.cryptocompare/portfolio. You can also use it for free.
BayAngelo

Activity: 882
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 09:58:07 PM

i think tere are thousands of crypto portfolio that does this. i use cryptocompare. it is an aggregated website on cryptocurrencies with news and price update. i recommends it for everyone. it is free. you can also use coinmarketcap and coingecko. they both has portfolio managers where you can add tokens you bought and the date. it will automatically give you the price of that token for the day.

Anamika1000

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 03:25:53 PM

I personally use coinmarketcap as it helps me a lot and then I prefer you to use coinmarketcap because it is the app which helps me to know about the coins most preferably and another thing I must tell you that it can help you to check the new coins too. So, it will be best for you.

[                   Ethernity.Cloud                   ]
PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021   |   REGISTER HERE
▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: