Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:08:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How are you guys doing it?  (Read 116 times)
Looper_U (OP)

Activity: 369
Merit: 16

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 09:07:04 AM

Is it possible to stick with a pool for example ethermine for weeks without bothering even when other pools have high payout? I was supposed to be earning 24$ everyday as per online ETH calculators but since two days now my pool (ViaBTC) keeps paying me 16$ what's the way forward?

batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 11:51:19 AM

Same here dont know what to believe anymore. calculator shows 30$ but you getting 26$ or 24$
Gunday_07

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 12:32:16 PM

You just have to accept things the way they are sometimes, even if you change pools the result won't be differ, sometimes we even earn more due to pool luck, some days ago I was supposed to earn 30$ and I got 42$ instead after checking pool payout I saw that there are high percentage of solved blocks

cidman

Activity: 162
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 01:26:37 PM

i havent had good results on ethermine for years
too many ppl there with 100x+ ur hashrate
i switched to hiveon for this reason cuz they payout stale shares
ive tried a few others like sparkpool which payout as well as hiveon but u have to pay ur transaction fee

i guess after u get ur payout u gotta just find a better pool
i also section part of my hashrate to other coins
mainly cuz i still have 4GB cards that cant be on eth
so ive been mining ergo and etc as well as eth
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 03:31:36 PM

Popular pools like ethermine always have lower payouts probably because they are overcrowded, forget anything about pool lucks if using ethermine unless you have 1GH power on the pool, better to use small pools with less miners, everyone hates Nicehash but it's the only fair one I see around, if miner software says your payout after 24hrs is 2$ you will get that exact amount

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
JayDDee

Activity: 1397
Merit: 221

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 04:49:01 PM

Technically there should be no difference because everyone is mining the same block.
Most differences are short term and due to luck.

However there are some differences that are significant:
  - different fees
  - different features like autoexchange
  - better network connectivity (lower latency)
  - better DDOS protection
  - better support

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 04:57:26 PM

Can the mining calculators even correctly calculate the profits AFTER the london fork? It seems its impossible to get an even close accurate calculator because you can't calculate how much of the fees are burnt. And even if you knew that, the amount of ETH burnt can be calculated ahead of time because the fees different depending on if the fees are low, average or high.

And even before the london fork, the miner calculators were never accurate. They don't take into stale shares, hardware errors, pool fees, etc. Plus there is always some criticism about how actually accurate are the hashrate figures that we see in our miner software. For years people were calling Claymore hashrates inflated.

XUR_TIP

Activity: 227
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 06:54:33 AM

If you have stale shares here and there it's better to switch to hiveon pool or other pool that pays stale shares too, this is what makes hiveon pool a good one, every penny matters when mining

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: