Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:35:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help value of rig  (Read 91 times)
Faulkkev (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 02:20:23 PM

I am helping a friend who’s spouse died suddenly. He has a fairly new rig with 4 cards and a mining board. I am trying to help sell the rig or graphic cards individually if needed. I honestly want to sell it close to card retail and not inflated prices due to chips, but I don’t know what rigs go for and online is so misleading prices are all over the place. I need to get some graphic card model numbers but they all appear to be decent models. I am technical just not in crypto. I found a desktop at the sellers home with tons of plot files and chi software, but as stated crypto is not my thing so I assume that was software for hash crunching. Any help is appreciated.
I can send picture and have some model numbers I can’t figure out if posting oic on here is possible from my phone.
skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 02:47:28 PM

The Chia plot part doesn't have any special value, as its linked to the wallet and it will be need replotting.
Normally a rig, even a small one , is sold with a plus compared to the single components

The cards, have a better used value if boxed with the original box as you are giving the purchaser the chance to sell those.

Card able to mine eth at the moment are sold at higher price compared to 4gb card

Then it depends where you are. Eurozone or US ?

Its not easier to list here the motherboard, gpus and ask for what a fair price in xyz county is ?

Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 02:53:36 PM

Why not just post the cards online? We have Craigslist and ebay for example I'm sure you will sell in just a week, 4GB cards are still been used for mining kawpow algorithm (ravencoin) also there are people still buy HDD for mining chia coins, all these can be sold online

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
Faulkkev (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 06:28:39 PM

I am located in United States. I plan on getting more details on the cards and mining mb being used. Also got new one in box. I know some of the cards are GeForce Gtx 1080ti and two GeForce rtx and a Radeon aorus
Faulkkev (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 06:55:04 PM

Thanks for replies. I will break it apart if needed but figured posting on here would save me tons of research time by asking those that know the in and outs of mining.
Looper_U

Activity: 369
Merit: 16

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 07:02:16 AM

I am located in United States. I plan on getting more details on the cards and mining mb being used. Also got new one in box. I know some of the cards are GeForce Gtx 1080ti and two GeForce rtx and a Radeon aorus
What types of RTX? And Radeon? You need to give more details about the GPUs, the 1080ti is been sold for 900$+ on Amazon and that's brand new so yours is now used, expect to sell at lesser price, use Newegg or eBay

minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 08:56:23 AM

You might want to check the CHIA wallet for coins, they are still over $100 a coin
Gunday_07

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 16, 2021, 09:05:23 AM

You might want to check the CHIA wallet for coins, they are still over $100 a coin
That's true, the deceased might have already earn some chia coins through farming already, we should all learn from this that no one will escape death, let's plan ahead cos anything is possible, I pray we all live to enjoy our hustle 😓😓

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: